Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cris Carter: Jets Should Dump Sanchez, Trade for P. Manning

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Cris Carter: Jets Should Dump Sanchez, Trade for P. Manning

Heard this on the radio this AM..i know a poster mentioned this before...thoughts?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Lol wut?

So give up on a third year QB to take a chance on an old, injured QB who might not even play this year? Then when he retires, what then?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sanchez was OK last Sunday. He wasn't bad.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm a big fan of Mark Sanchez, but I'm a bigger fan of the Jets. If we had a healthy Peyton Manning we'd be superbowl favorites. The Colts could end up cutting him.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sanchez isn't the main problem.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Chupa;4234284]Sanchez was OK last Sunday. He wasn't bad.[/QUOTE]

Not good enough, that is the simple fact.

If we are going to be content with a caretaker type of QB then get a vet that has experience and will at least not make young Qb mistakes.

We expect our Qb to win the odd game for us, hasn't happened that often.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Chupa;4234284]Sanchez was OK last Sunday. He wasn't bad.[/QUOTE]

Sanchez was awful Sunday night. Saying anything other than that is simply homer talk...or more importantly homer viewing.

I'm sure you believe he was okay, but if you look at his play objectively he was simply awful.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Trade for Peyton, Dump Schotty, keep Sanchez under Peyton...

If only..

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I love the idea - bring in Manning and let's go win a superbowl...

Sanchez isn't the answer (Just wasting time before that realization becomes final) This will just speed up the inevitable.

In three years you draft a QB (which you would have to do anyway) and let him sit behind manning for one year before he retires...

At least this way we have a shot at superbowl.

So it's Sanchez for three years and cut or Manning for 4 years then retire....

I vote for Manning.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    This won't happen as the Jets have totally hitched they wagon to Sanchez. They will either get to the top of the hill with him or crash and burn collectively.

Having said that, for a win now team it would be an enticing thought. The people who were derided for saying the colts were nothing without Manning were 100% correct it seems.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=CV 40;4234299]Trade for Peyton, Dump Schotty, keep Sanchez under Peyton...

If only..[/QUOTE]

Not going to happen. I'd like to see how Sanchez does under a new OC. Plus QUIT CHANGING RECEIVERS ON THE GUY.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    payton manning's neck means he will probably never play again

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Beerfish;4234291]Not good enough, that is the simple fact.

If we are going to be content with a caretaker type of QB then get a vet that has experience and will at least not make young Qb mistakes.

We expect our Qb to win the odd game for us, hasn't happened that often.[/QUOTE]

And exactly who was good enough on Sunday?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Peyton Manning with Schottenheimer as the OC? LOL!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti;4234311]payton manning's neck means he will probably never play again[/QUOTE]

By any account I've heard, he plans on playing again, will play again and if the Colts has any use for him, would likely be able to play this season.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    What happened last time we got an old injured QB? So stupid man.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti;4234311]payton manning's neck means he will probably never play again[/QUOTE]

Serious injury, doubt he plays again.

Mod Friend to JI Legends
    Post Thanks / Like
    Look at those little jets fans run! :rolleyes:

While Sanchez is maybe not the answer; consider that Jason423/NYJETSCAP.com says the Jets lived off of Braylon Edwards getting downfield in 2010. This is the play that is missing for Sanchez.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Franchise quarterbacks win Superbowls. How do you get one? Go back 20 years, only a few QBs have won championships that we're high draft picks. Guys like Kurt Warner, Tom Brady, Brad Johnson with Tampa, and Mark Rypien in Washington. Brady is a special case and both Johnson and Rypien had years of development before they blossomed into mature starters.

The point is you either win championships by hitting gold - like with Big Ben or Brady - or you look to develop players over time. OK - so Mark Sanchez has proven he is not going to be Ben Rothlisberger; but are the physical and mental tools there?

I say yes. We've seen enough of his ability to say 'this is a guy worth developing'. So let's not throw him under the bus; the Jets need to find the right offensive system for him to succeed in. Phil Sims never dominated games; neither did Trent Dilfer of course - who knows how high Sanchez's ceiling is - but in the right system he's certainly capable of leading the Jets to a championship.

And if he goes, with the Jets having a bottom 3rd draft pick at best, who is really going to be more successful?

Also, Chris Carter is also acting like a fool; last I remember he needed plenty of seasoning before getting traction in his career. It took him 6 seasons to have a bust-out year.
    Last edited by adpz; 11-15-2011 at 01:39 PM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you traded for Favre, not trading for Peyton would be incredibly dumb.

This would immediately make us contenders and it would make all the Sanchez fanbois realize how terrible he is when Burress, Keller, and Holmes are all over 1000 yards and we're rushing for 80 yards a game because you can't just stack the box because the QB blows.

Tom Moore is already on staff, too.