Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I am getting a $13,000 raise

I am getting a $13,000 raise

From sports programmer to athletic director....I know many of you gotten more, a$$ kissing perhaps? :dunno: :D

[QUOTE=JetsKnicksYankeesRangers;4234314]From sports programmer to athletic director....I know many of you gotten more, a$$ kissing perhaps? :dunno: :D[/QUOTE]

brown nose is everywhere.

or so i've heard.

Order the veal.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Dirtstar;4234344]bleached nose is everywhere.

or so i've heard.[/QUOTE]

Fixed.

_

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=JetsKnicksYankeesRangers;4234314]From sports programmer to athletic director....I know many of you gotten more, a$$ kissing perhaps? :dunno: :D[/QUOTE]

Too soon, bro :nono:

[QUOTE=Dirtstar;4234344]brown nose is everywhere.

or so i've heard.[/QUOTE]

I have actually seen my work productivity gone up since spending less time at the Hampur...:D

...stay out of the showers...

Bewildered Beast
    We have a speshul $1,000/mo JI subscription. Even SAR 1 can't touch that.

What's your routing number? :deal:

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Dude, you should be thankful. I don't know of anybody else doubling their salary in this economy.

[QUOTE=shakin318;4234458]Dude, you should be thankful. I don't know of anybody else [B]doubling[/B] their salary in this economy.[/QUOTE]

LOL @ doubling... but I do recall my first raise back in the early 80's, from $3.35 to $3.50 working for a construction company.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=JetsKnicksYankeesRangers;4234374]I have actually seen my work productivity gone up since spending less time at the Hampur...:D[/QUOTE]

As has the quality of threads...

While cleaning out the basement storage on the weekend I stumbled upon an old bank book from when I started working at my current location 20 plus years ago. Rough calcs indicated that I now may about 5 times as much per month as I did back then. Ah memories.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

How did you get the raise? Did ya dress like a slut?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Those Social Security statements that they send out annually are a real eye-opener, especially if you've been in the workforce as long as I have (30+ years). Every year and annual pay amount is listed, starting when I was a part-time stock boy at 16 for a local pharmacy making 2 bucks an hour Barely enough to put gas in my car -- sort of like now.

Hall Of Fame
    Dont spend it all in one place. Congrats.

I got a $13 raise. Before taxes.

Jets Insider VIP
    I went to college many years ago and when I graduated, the first job that I got was in the same field with a higher position but was salary based and required many more hours.

I was making $3,000 less than I made before college. :eek:

[QUOTE=crossfire;4235296]I went to college many years ago and when I graduated, the first job that I got was in the same field with a higher position but was salary based and required many more hours.

I was making $3,000 less than I made before college. :eek:[/QUOTE]

When you switch cartels you have to start off lower amigo.

Hard to say if a 13K raise is a big deal without knowing your salary. Back when I made 20K a year I would have took a shower with Sandusky to get a 13k raise!!! But nowdays my wife would not even notice a 13K raise in my paycheck.

Someone making 100K, 13k is a 13% raise, for someone makring one million it is a 1.3% raise.

Considering the average worker midcareer only makes 100K and is lucky nowdays to get a 3% raise you did fantastic.

[QUOTE=parkwayjet1;4234627]Those Social Security statements that they send out annually are a real eye-opener, especially if you've been in the workforce as long as I have (30+ years). Every year and annual pay amount is listed, starting when I was a part-time stock boy at 16 for a local pharmacy making 2 bucks an hour Barely enough to put gas in my car -- sort of like now.[/QUOTE]

The sucky part is the first half of career when you make the least you have to make ss payments on every paycheck. Later on when you make more once you break the 106k amount they stop the witholding.