Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My name is Jeff, and I'm a Sanchez apologist.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

My name is Jeff, and I'm a Sanchez apologist.

Hello.

- Hi Jeff (says the group feigning interest).

Three years ago the Jets drafted a guy I thought we could grow into a great one. Did anyone else here think so...

- I did (says the guy near the coffee pot).
    - I was on the fence (says the guy coming in from a smoke)
    - Not really (says the guy picking over the day old donuts).

Maybe it was the USC thing, being that I live in LA. Or his ability to speak in full sentences. Or swarthy good looks and giant hands (no-homo).

- He's dreamy (says the skanky looking GILF).

Anyway - here's the thing - the guy shows flashes of brilliance. Moments - usually in the forth quarter where you say - "Damn, this kid could be something special."

- AND THEN HE BREAKS YOUR HEART (screams the angry, overweight guy with the foam Jet on his head).

True, but HE, helped us get to the last two AFC championship games. Not Peyton, not Tom, not Matty Ice. As a Rookie. No one has ever done that.

- And lost them both (says the guy with the stale donut in his mouth).

Did HE? Or did our defense.

Did he contribute to getting sacked 5 times this weekend - maybe. But doesn't D-Brick, Wayne "The Penalty" Hunter and Matt "Need More Than A" Mulligan deserve a great deal of blame?

Did Sanchez play D against the Raiders? Or the Pats?

- Well, no (says the girl in the faded Browning Nagle jersey, who looks like she's in the wrong room).

How is Sanchez an up-and-comer after he out plays Fitzpatrick, but a scrub after he loses to Brady?

- Because Tom wears Uggs? (says the guy in the too-tight t-shirt)

Exactly. I'm on the Mark Sanchez bandwagon. And I'm staying there. I've been through Bubby, Ray, Neil and Brett. Sanchez will get us there.

I believe.

- Thanks, Jeff (says the group, laughing under their breath and wondering what round Taylor Martinez will be available).
    Last edited by LAJET; 11-15-2011 at 05:25 PM.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Jeff,

Do you have a sponsor yet?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    dump

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Klingon;4234709]Hi Jeff,

Do you have a sponsor yet?[/QUOTE]

I think I need one. ; )

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    true story?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sanchez is having a bad year. So is Philip Rivers, Chris Johnson and Lamont Jordan. You can't forget what this kid has done in the past 2 years.

Jets need a change on offense. Unfortunately don't think that's going to come until the offseason.

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=LAJET;4234708]Hello. I believe. [/QUOTE]

Can you PM me your drug dealer's cell number & will he deliver to Mill Island in Brooklyn, NY if I spend over $100 in product?

:D

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    there are some pretty telling comments in this post about the oline. funny how the last time the oline imploded schitty was also the offensive coordinator. do i sense a trend? i think so. at least the last time he had adrian clarke and kendall's hold out as his excuse. look at what happened on sunday. is the patsie oline all that good? matt light is on the backside of his career, solder is a rookie and conolly isn't quite as good as koppen was. the only guy on that line worth anything is mankins yet girlie boy brady wasn't sacked. sanchez with his all pros in mangold and d'brick and moore was sacked 4.5 times by....andre carter. how on earth can this performance not be on the coaches is beyond me and the common thread is schitty.

schitty really needs to be shown the door. i was holding back a bit after the wins against the doltfins, chargers and bills but it's not the loss but the way they lost. they were horrible. and so is the offensive coordinator.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    i feel like this post squandered so much potential when it left out any mention of Chad.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    the only thing I have to explain sanchez to non-jets fans is that he's clutch. almost like a backwards tony romo

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I want a quarterback that wins games, rather than one who is expected to simply manage them.

Rex wants a guy to play the role of Trent Dilfer. So this is what we are going to get with Rex at the helm.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=LAJET;4234708]Hello.

Three years ago the Jets drafted a guy I thought we could grow into a great one. Did anyone else here think so...

Maybe it was the USC thing, being that I live in LA. Or his ability to speak in full sentences. Or swarthy good looks and giant hands (no-homo).

Anyway - here's the thing - the guy shows flashes of brilliance. Moments - usually in the forth quarter where you say - "Damn, this kid could be something special."

- AND THEN HE BREAKS YOUR HEART (screams the angry, overweight guy with the foam Jet on his head).

True, but HE, helped us get to the last two AFC championship games. Not Peyton, not Tom, not Matty Ice. As a Rookie. No one has ever done that.

Did he contribute to getting sacked 5 times this weekend - maybe. But doesn't D-Brick, Wayne "The Penalty" Hunter and Matt "Need More Than A" Mulligan deserve a great deal of blame?

- Well, no (says the girl in the faded Browning Nagle jersey, who looks like she's in the wrong room).

How is Sanchez an up-and-comer after he out plays Fitzpatrick, but a scrub after he loses to Brady?

Exactly. I'm on the Mark Sanchez bandwagon. And I'm staying there. I've been through Bubby, Ray, Neil and Brett. Sanchez will get us there.

I believe.

- Thanks, Jeff (says the group, laughing under their breath and wondering what round Taylor Martinez will be available).[/QUOTE]

lol, good post. I believe too.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    sounds like the beginning of a support group....

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Jeff: In Mark Sanchez third year he is 5-4 coming off losing a game to the Patriots that could very well determine the divison champ. In this HUGE game he threw for 51.3% 1td 2int with a 64.7 qb rating at home! kind of debunking the theory that Sanchez steps up in big games. Not to mention this was against the 32nd ranked pass defense who also lost their starting safety and corner.

Through this third critical year in a QB's development he leads a team ranked 23rd in offense completing 56.7% of his passes ,14td, 9int, and a 81.5 rating. Any reasonable human being looking at him with an unbiased eye will tell you these are some very concerning signs. You have to ask yourself Jeff what are you really? Are you a Jets fan who wants the team to win or are you a Sanchez fan that is willing to live with 15 years of middling game managing QB play just so you can fool yourself that Tannenbaum didn't **** up trading to the top 5 pick to get Sanchez and pay him a fortune.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Magnus;4234822]Hi Jeff: In Mark Sanchez third year he is 5-4 coming off losing a game to the Patriots that could very well determine the divison champ. In this HUGE game he threw for 51.3% 1td 2int with a 64.7 qb rating at home! kind of debunking the theory that Sanchez steps up in big games. Not to mention this was against the 32nd ranked pass defense who also lost their starting safety and corner.

Through this third critical year in a QB's development he leads a team ranked 23rd in offense completing 56.7% of his passes ,14td, 9int, and a 81.5 rating. Any reasonable human being looking at him with an unbiased eye will tell you these are some very concerning signs. You have to ask yourself Jeff what are you really? Are you a Jets fan who wants the team to win or are you a Sanchez fan that is willing to live with 15 years of middling game managing QB play just so you can fool yourself that Tannenbaum didn't **** up trading to the top 5 pick to get Sanchez and pay him a fortune.[/QUOTE]

Way to twist the stats. I could say he had 2 TDs and 300+ yards passing. I'm not saying he was good. But he certainly wasn't bad. And he certainly wasn't the reason we lost.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=LAJET;4234708]Hello.

I believe.

- Thanks, Jeff (says the group, laughing under their breath and wondering what round Taylor Martinez will be available).[/QUOTE]

Very funny post Mr. Clifton :D

. . . and take notice of that 40-time!
    [url]http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=91103&draftyear=2014&genpos=QB[/url]

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Jeff I m glad u did this and not me

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lacks character development. I want to know more about this GILF. Whats her deal?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cant wait;4234814]the only thing I have to explain sanchez to non-jets fans is that he's clutch. almost like a backwards tony romo[/QUOTE]

This is so true. I'm still a Sanchez fan. I still believe that he is the one who will bring balance to the force one day.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Magnus;4234822]Hi Jeff: In Mark Sanchez third year he is 5-4 coming off losing a game to the Patriots that could very well determine the divison champ. In this HUGE game he threw for 51.3% 1td 2int with a 64.7 qb rating at home! kind of debunking the theory that Sanchez steps up in big games. Not to mention this was against the 32nd ranked pass defense who also lost their starting safety and corner.

Through this third critical year in a QB's development he leads a team ranked 23rd in offense completing 56.7% of his passes ,14td, 9int, and a 81.5 rating. Any reasonable human being looking at him with an unbiased eye will tell you these are some very concerning signs. You have to ask yourself Jeff what are you really? Are you a Jets fan who wants the team to win or are you a Sanchez fan that is willing to live with 15 years of middling game managing QB play just so you can fool yourself that Tannenbaum didn't **** up trading to the top 5 pick to get Sanchez and pay him a fortune.[/QUOTE]

Yep, fire Tanny!!!!! He wasted our pick to draft this douche when he had Brett Ratliff waiting in the wings :rolleyes: