Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If I am a fan of this team

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

If I am a fan of this team

therefore I am a part of this team and you are all insulting me when you are insulting the team. This is how I feel. I feel personally attacked anytime someone crticizes the team that I root for. From the media to you guys. All of you are saying that I am not adequate.

THis might sound very crazy but its how I feel.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am a fan of this team. They are not adequate. Besides our pro-bowlers, the rest basically stink. We have personnel who don't match up to the playoff teams and need to be replaced. I do not share a symbiotic bond with this team therefore I am not slighted by my own criticism. I like things associated with me to have success, not failure.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Eckesg1;4234811]therefore I am a part of this team[/QUOTE]

No, actually you're not.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=GoBigGreen;4234813]I am a fan of this team. They are not adequate. Besides our pro-bowlers, the rest basically stink. We have personnel who don't match up to the playoff teams and need to be replaced. I do not share a symbiotic bond with this team therefore I am not slighted by my own criticism. I like things associated with me to have success, not failure.[/QUOTE]

So do I. But I dont like excessive criticism. Its very hard being told again and again that your faith is worthless because the team you put faith in to win doesnt.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    thanks for posting and keep coming back.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    maybe it's time to get some perspective on life

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=TurkJetFan;4234820]thanks for posting and keep coming back.[/QUOTE]

I came here so I could talk to others and socialize, so I could vent a little bit. I would prefer people to say. Okay the team lost, lets move on. No wallowing in the dissappointment.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JetsFan24;4234823]maybe it's time to get some perspective on life[/QUOTE]

Hey man, at least I'm not spending my time trolling on purpose on websites or molesting children.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you take a swipe at one of ours.........

Then we're gonna take a swipe at two of yours.

(Unleash Hell)

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Eckesg1;4234826]I came here so I could talk to others and socialize, so I could vent a little bit. I would prefer people to say. Okay the team lost, lets move on. No wallowing in the dissappointment.[/QUOTE]

This was the biggest game of the season next to a playoff game.
    If you are okay with losing 2 times to the Pats then really I'm not sure what to say.

A lot of us are fed up with the way things have been going and lack of development of our $53 million dollar qb.

A qb who with his measly 16 college starts and avg arm many of us never wanted.

Oh is that wallowing... Sorry. Bring on Denver!
    Last edited by Monsterxman; 11-15-2011 at 07:25 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Monsterxman;4234834]This was the biggest game of the season next to a playoff game.
    If you are okay with losing 2 times to the Pats then really I'm not sure what to say.

A lot of us are fed up with the way things have been going and lack of development of our $53 million dollar qb.

A qb who with his measly 16 college starts and avg arm many us never wanted.

Oh is that wallowing... Sorry. Bring on Denver![/QUOTE]

I didn't say that I was ok with it. I just dont want to hear about how we are below average over and over and over and over again.

Just say "We lost" "It sucks" and that's it. No more

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    sorry, but that just doesn't cut it. jets fans have been putting up with an awful lot for quite some time. the patsies have more subpar players than the jets yet they whipped em good on sunday. and it's not so much the loss as how bad the loss was.

sunday's loss was all on schitty and his stupidly run offense. this has been going on for over 5 seasons and i wouldn't be much of a jets fan if i didn't speak up about it. maybe my criticism will get schitty launched sooner than later.

[QUOTE=Eckesg1;4234836]I didn't say that I was ok with it. I just dont want to hear about how we are below average over and over and over and over again.

Just say "We lost" "It sucks" and that's it. No more[/QUOTE]

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sameoldjets;4234844]sorry, but that just doesn't cut it. jets fans have been putting up with an awful lot for quite some time. [B]the patsies have more subpar players than the jets yet they whipped em good on sunday[/B]. and it's not so much the loss as how bad the loss was.

sunday's loss was all on schitty and his stupidly run offense. this has been going on for over 5 seasons and i wouldn't be much of a jets fan if i didn't speak up about it. maybe my criticism will get schitty launched sooner than later.[/QUOTE]

Thats what good coaching does.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is that you Sanchez? Shouldn't you be sleeping and resting?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sameoldjets;4234844]sorry, but that just doesn't cut it. jets fans have been putting up with an awful lot for quite some time. the patsies have more subpar players than the jets yet they whipped em good on sunday. and it's not so much the loss as how bad the loss was.

sunday's loss was all on schitty and his stupidly run offense. this has been going on for over 5 seasons and i wouldn't be much of a jets fan if i didn't speak up about it. maybe my criticism will get schitty launched sooner than later.[/QUOTE]

You can have your opinions of course. I am no okay with the loss. I just dont go on a maniacal rampage about it.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=NewYorkSackExchange;4234851]Is that you Sanchez? Shouldn't you be sleeping and resting?[/QUOTE]

No I'm just counting up all the money that you will never have :rolleyes:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Eckesg1;4234811]therefore I am a part of this team and you are all insulting me when you are insulting the team. This is how I feel. I feel personally attacked anytime someone crticizes the team that I root for. From the media to you guys. All of you are saying that I am not adequate.

THis might sound very crazy but its how I feel.[/QUOTE]

DUMP

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Eckesg1;4234811]therefore I am a part of this team and you are all insulting me when you are insulting the team. This is how I feel. I feel personally attacked anytime someone crticizes the team that I root for. From the media to you guys. All of you are saying that I am not adequate.

THis might sound very crazy but its how I feel.[/QUOTE]

I'm as big a fan as the next guy but buddy, you need to unplug.

I used to be upset for 3 days after a loss and one day, I said to myself, "what the hell am I doing this for?" It's crazy. Now I'm fine an hour after a loss. I yell, scream, pout and its done.

You have to realize nobody is insulting you when they criticize the jets because you have not control over the success of the jets. If you personally had a hand in a loss, then I can see you getting upset. But its something you can't control. Do you get upset every day when the sun sets?

My advice: Love your family, Love your life, [B]LIKE[/B] your football team...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=carlito1171;4234860]DUMP[/QUOTE]

Why? This is how I truly feel. It may sound stupid, but I needed to get it off my chest.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JetsMakeMeCry;4234862]I'm as big a fan as the next guy but buddy, you need to unplug.

I used to be upset for 3 days after a loss and one day, I said to myself, "what the hell am I doing this for?" It's crazy. Now I'm fine an hour after a loss. I yell, scream, pout and its done.

You have to realize nobody is insulting you when they criticize the jets because you have not control over the success of the jets. If you personally had a hand in a loss, then I can see you getting upset. But its something you can't control. Do you get upset every day when the sun sets?

My advice: Love your family, Love your life, [B]LIKE[/B] your football team...[/QUOTE]

I'm just like that. It takes about a few hours to get it out of my system.
    In my head I know I have no control and I am being very stupid. But when it happens, my emotions just get the better of me.

This week, it was much better because I tuned out after the muffed punt and went to bed.

I just wish more Jet fans had your attitude so we could all talk about things in a calm manner and it would help me to further control my emotions