Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Am I the only one that believes that the Jets come to play but were just unlucky?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Am I the only one that believes that the Jets come to play but were just unlucky?

Honestly, they team was clearly prepared. They were clearly pumped.

The opening drive was beautiful. Holmes slipped (yes, the ball was a little behind, but a 50 million dollar WR needs to make that play). Nick Folk missed a field goal.

The Jets defense forced 5 three and outs. They forced Tom Brady to throw THREE interceptions (unfortunately, they were dropped).

Bray somehow muscles a ball away from a 300+ LB DE after he fumbles on his own 2.

The Jets had a 9-6 lead with 1 minute left in the half. A strange time out gives the Pats 20 extra seconds. A couple of strange flags allow the Pats to get the ball moving (ticky tack PI on REVIS, really?).

Jets force a 3 and out to start the second half.

McNight fumbles the punt. Three Jets have a CLEAR shot at the thing but somehow don't get it.

They convert a big 3rd and 14 only to have it called back for PIs.

The offense is moving the ball at will, they are at the Pats 30, a pass that would have led to a 5-10 yard gain bounces off Greenes hands and its picked off after two tips.

I can't begin to count how many times the Jets had Brady dead to rights and just somehow, magically, missed easy tackles for sacks.

It was just one of those days. Random chance plays a role in anything involving a ball and gravity. It was the Pats day. The Jets played well, they just didn't make plays even though they put themselves in positions to make them.
    Last edited by Chupa; 11-15-2011 at 07:56 PM.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I absolutely agree with everything you said, well put. However, no one else will. Our season is done, won't win another game, we need to move on from Rex and Sanchez, and Tebow is gonna run all over us :rolleyes:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dont get why McKnight was back there in the first place but still...just read the names of the guys who played in that secondary on Sunday. We should have torched them. I felt like we didnt run enough. We also lack the guy who can stretch the field. I know people say Holmes can but its few and far between compared to what Braylon did last year.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    There's some truth to all of this. Doesn't make the loss hurt any less, but I too was thinking all this during the game. Just not our day. You forgot to mention not only did Folk miss a FG, but it was like a 25 yarder. Just not our day. Hopefully this balances out and we win a game down the road we're not supposed to win. Or maybe we had our share of those in the regular season last year and THIS is the payback. It's all too confusing, only Schotty knows the answers because he is so cerebral and a great HC prospect.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    you might be able to chalk this one up to luck if it wasn't for schitty doing his usual stupid play calling. putting d'brick in the slot was just priceless. you got to wonder how many times they practiced that play. maybe they should have practiced some bread and butter plays instead.

the defense has to take a hit too. how can they not be prepared for the hurry up offense that girlie boy runs.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    +1.

Most NFL games are decided on luck anyway.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good post and yes some of us feel as you.

Stuff happens, sometimes all at once.

Its just one game, and its just a game.

The JETS will be fine.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Chupa;4234838]Honestly, they team was clearly prepared. They were clearly pumped.
    [/QUOTE]

Yes, they were pumped. Way, over pumped. They were totally jacked up and it interfered with their ability to channel their energy productively. Everything you mentioned - the drops, the missed kicks, unrecovered fumbles, IMO were the result of their emotions getting in the way. I think Rex must have overdone the selling of the 'must have' importance of the game. Wilson drops an INT that normally he is able to hold on to, etc. etc. etc. I think Rex still has some learning to do in striking the right balance in preparing his players -- not too flat, not too hyper, but just right.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Too many times we weren't lined up for the snap and the defense looked like they have never seen a hurry up before in their lives.

That's why people said the Jets looked unprepared....

I agree with most of your post though, a lot of bounces didn't go our way, but again you can say it comes down to players not making those plays. Greene DIDN'T make that catch, McNight DID fumble, you can't say that it was all luck. Sure luck is a part of any football game but the Pats clearly outplayed us in the 2nd half.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=IM3;4234920]Too many times we weren't lined up for the snap and the defense looked like they have never seen a hurry up before in their lives.

That's why people said the Jets looked unprepared....

I agree with most of your post though, a lot of bounces didn't go our way, but again you can say it comes down to players not making those plays. Greene DIDN'T make that catch, McNight DID fumble, you can't say that it was all luck. Sure luck is a part of any football game but the Pats clearly outplayed us in the 2nd half.[/QUOTE]

I agree about the defense having issues with communications. But even when Revis tried to call a time out, the Refs didn't see it and a big play happens. I'm not saying the Jets played a perfect game. But they certainly put themselves in positions to win, with relative ease even...

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good post but it's hard to say we had 21 points worth of bad luck.

The Patriots had some bad luck as well but they overcame it.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    reality is we lost a tough game to the Patriots where we looked bad at times. Did we have high hopes considering the way the Pats and Jets were both playing going into this game? Yes. But the Pats are still a good team, it's not like we lost to the Colts or Dolphins

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetstream23;4234922]Good post but it's hard to say we had 21 points worth of bad luck.

The Patriots had some bad luck as well but they overcame it.[/QUOTE]

Like what?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    NO and NO.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2;4234888]+1.

Most NFL games are decided on luck anyway.[/QUOTE]

I cant see the jets losing to the pats 3 times in one yr.. watch your back *uck*ace2

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great points chupa.

The little breaks that went against us were just to much to overcome against a top tier team. We miss a td then miss a 1 yard fg and ne comes back and hits a 50 yd fg. Changes the whole game. It maybe a cliche, but the other team gets paid to win as well.

We are a very good football team and took a big speed bump. Hopefully we can pick back up and get going thursday.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    it's a funny thing how luck often sides with the most prepared team.

"luck" had nothing to do with the Jets defense being COMPLETELY unprepared for the no-huddle.

"luck" had nothing to do with idiot Sanchez calling timeout early enough to give Brady time for a TD

The Jets weren't unlucky. They just sucked.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like the spin. My team doesn't suck it has bad Karma.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sameoldjets;4234882] putting d'brick in the slot was just priceless.[/QUOTE]

I was at the game, where ya don't always know every little thing that's going on on the field, but what's this about putting Brick as a slot receiver? Did that really happen? Once, multiple times?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Chupa;4234838]Honestly, they team was clearly prepared. They were clearly pumped.

The opening drive was beautiful. Holmes slipped (yes, the ball was a little behind, but a 50 million dollar WR needs to make that play). Nick Folk missed a field goal.

The Jets defense forced 5 three and outs. They forced Tom Brady to throw THREE interceptions (unfortunately, they were dropped).

Bray somehow muscles a ball away from a 300+ LB DE after he fumbles on his own 2.

The Jets had a 9-6 lead with 1 minute left in the half. A strange time out gives the Pats 20 extra seconds. A couple of strange flags allow the Pats to get the ball moving (ticky tack PI on REVIS, really?).

Jets force a 3 and out to start the second half.

McNight fumbles the punt. Three Jets have a CLEAR shot at the thing but somehow don't get it.

They convert a big 3rd and 14 only to have it called back for PIs.

The offense is moving the ball at will, they are at the Pats 30, a pass that would have led to a 5-10 yard gain bounces off Greenes hands and its picked off after two tips.

I can't begin to count how many times the Jets had Brady dead to rights and just somehow, magically, missed easy tackles for sacks.

It was just one of those days. Random chance plays a role in anything involving a ball and gravity. It was the Pats day. The Jets played well, they just didn't make plays even though they put themselves in positions to make them.[/QUOTE]

Not bad luck, its bad coaching. It's the details that are being missed.