Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: It's the 2012 offseason and you're GM, how do you fix the Jets

It's the 2012 offseason and you're GM, how do you fix the Jets

When I read these forums, one thing I am always looking for are the ideas mentioned by fellow Jet fans. I've always liked to hear your thoughts on how we can make this team better. As of lately, a lot of us here are discussing certain ideas we wish would happen, say finding a new QB, cutting Mulligan, replacing Eric Smith, ect. Therefore, you are the GM of this team, I want to know who you would sign, release, trade, trade for and/or draft. So let's hear it.....
    Last edited by sharachow; 11-15-2011 at 10:21 PM.

Fire Schotty.

Replacement TBD.

Draft - OLB, T, S, WR, TE, ILB

Sign - Competent backup QB immediately. Re-sign Burress. Big splash FA signings of OLB and S if possible. Re-sign Pouha. A Punter.

Release/Do not re-sign. Leonhard. Thomas. Possibly Scott. Conley.

Fringe players TBD. I'm on my phone so don't know contract expirations off the top off my head.

[QUOTE=AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite;4234898]Fire Schotty.

Replacement TBD.

Sign - Competent backup QB immediately. Re-sign Burress. Big splash FA signings of OLB and S if possible. Re-sign Pouha. A Punter.

Fringe players TBD. I'm on my phone so don't know contract expirations off the top off my head.[/QUOTE]

This looks good to me. I'd add in a G/possible backup center as a later round draft target if there's one Cally likes.

Definitely need some athleticism at safety and linebacker.

Well win the superbowl this year.

Replacement TBD.

Fringe players TBD. I'm on my phone so don't know contract expirations off the top off my head.[/QUOTE]

Agree with everything you say except resign Burress. He's going to want a long-term deal, will be 35 and is the same thing as TO, Moss in that he only behaves for 1 year and then reverts to primadonna bs.

Veteran
    michael bush in FA

I can't answer this right now because I don't know which coaches are going to be fired, which players will be released or re-signed, who's going to declare for the draft, and how guys are going to perform at the combine.

Hall Of Fame
    make like this is venezuela & kidnap aaron rodgers :P

All Pro
    Trade Sanchez for picks. Bring in vet QB and build up our roster.

i'm okay with those moves. i think the only major exception would be to draft the best available athlete as opposed to drafting for need. they need some faster line backers, safeties and a pass rusher. they can lose the pass rusher if they get faster and better at lb and safety. they also need oline if only for depth and can use another te and wr.

they do need to launch schitty above all. let's hope rex doesn't pull a walt michaels and make schitty get promoted.

Replacement TBD.

Veteran

Replacement TBD.

Sorry, but Scott isn't going anywhere next year. His salary is fully guaranteed next year. They still need to draft his replacement, though, so he can watch and learn for a year and fill in on passing downs

Veteran
    Sanchez is not going to have room for improvement unless the oline can keep the pressure off him. The line is not performing where it was two years ago, I think despite the love that Hunter evokes from the fans an upgrade there has to be looked at. Along with that we need a better blocking tight end.

Obviously we need to replace Smith and we need more speed at linebacker. Drafting an additional speedster WR to stretch the field would be a luxury.

Jets Insider VIP
    Need big safeties and a passrusher; maybe put Maybin on steroids.

kill Wayne Hunter and find replacement.

kick Mulligan in nuts really hard, then tell him to GTFO

[LIST=1][*]PASS RUSH[*]PASS RUSH[*]PASS RUSH[*]Cut Mulligan[*]a safety that is taller than 5'10"[*]REPLACE shotty (but with who is the question...)[/LIST]

[QUOTE=quantum;4235182]Need big safeties and a passrusher; maybe put Maybin on steroids.

kill Wayne Hunter and find replacement.

kick Mulligan in nuts really hard, then tell him to GTFO[/QUOTE]

Add in a vicious game of dwarf tossing with Jim Leonhard before giving him the pink slip and you have the perfect black comedy version of a productive offseason.

Jets Insider VIP
    Priorities...

1) Get rid of Schottenheimer
    2) RT
    3) OLB
    4) S
    5) competent backup QB
    6) WR
    7) P

there aren't really any good pass rushing FA's that will be available for us to get this offseason. I would draft 3 pass rushing prospects and hope to hit on one of them...

I would also work the phones and see what we can do in a trade.

[QUOTE=Bronxville Jets Fan;4235135]Sorry, but Scott isn't going anywhere next year. His salary is fully guaranteed next year. They still need to draft his replacement, though, so he can watch and learn for a year and fill in on passing downs[/QUOTE]

I said 'Possibly'...

He can't be on the field in a no-huddle situation.

That's a nightmare.

[QUOTE=Jets Things;4235215]Priorities...

[B]5) competent backup QB[/B]
    [/QUOTE]

Yes please.

Fire Schotty. Hire Norv Turner (he'll be looking for work)

First pick in the draft - best available pass rushing OLB

Second pick in the draft - a Free Safety with speed and cover skills (someone who is not a midget)

Rest of draft picks - best available OLB, O lineman, ILB, WR.

Free Agency - If the Ravens are stupid enough not to Franchise Ray Rice - sign him even if we have ot overpay. Do not sign any more aging WR's, and take a peak at Safeties and LB's that may be available, but only make "value" signings at these positions.