Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sanchez...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Sanchez...

... Gets killed way too much. Stafford in that same day threw 4 int. Get off of Sanchez' back. Jesus christ. I feel so bad for the kid. Improvement in third year qb's are almost impossible to be found. Jason went over this already. Schotty has failed time and time again with qb, after qb. If your gonna blame Sanchez I don't know what to tell you, because its pure and blatant stupidity.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    How about some blame on the o line. Watch the game, they are always blocking no one. Look at their position and where they are looking, always towards the center. We have 5 lineman blocking 3 d lineman and TE's trying to block ends. It the crappy game planning by Callahan and Sh!tty.

The coaches we have, they are the reason we are so inconsistent.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=MTJets;4234999]... Gets killed way too much. Stafford in that same day threw 4 int. Get off of Sanchez' back. Jesus christ. I feel so bad for the kid. Improvement in third year qb's are almost impossible to be found. Jason went over this already. Schotty has failed time and time again with qb, after qb. If your gonna blame Sanchez I don't know what to tell you, because its pure and blatant stupidity.[/QUOTE]

I 100% agree.

Plus, Flacco's team lost to friggin' Seattle.

Let the kid grow! I know the surrounding team is good now, but to quote a wise man, "it's a process." If you told anyone 4 years ago this time that Eli was a good QB, they'd laugh in your face. As long as the #s keep improving, I'll be happy.

Thank god the guy is resilient enough to handle this wacko New York media and fanbase. You think Josh Freeman would survive up here with the season he's having?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Rexipus Rex;4235013]I 100% agree.

Plus, Flacco's team lost to friggin' Seattle.

Let the kid grow! I know the surrounding team is good now, but to quote a wise man, "it's a process." If you told anyone 4 years ago this time that Eli was a good QB, they'd laugh in your face. As long as the #s keep improving, I'll be happy.

Thank god the guy is resilient enough to handle this wacko New York media and fanbase. You think Josh Freeman would survive up here with the season he's having?[/QUOTE]
    Haha! Oh so true. Imagine Matt Ryan, Flacco, Freeman, and Stafford trying to handle this media... it wouldn't happen. Stafford would get killed for being hurt all the time, Ryan and Flacco would be getting killed because of their postseason blunders, and Freeman... well... that is self explanatory this year.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=srobjets;4235012]How about some blame on the o line. Watch the game, they are always blocking no one. Look at their position and where they are looking, always towards the center. We have 5 lineman blocking 3 d lineman and TE's trying to block ends. It the crappy game planning by Callahan and Sh!tty.

The coaches we have, they are the reason we are so inconsistent.[/QUOTE]

I agree. Our O-line looks absolutely amazing one week, than the next they look like they are all CFL back ups. I feel bad for this kid.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    So when sanchez is an 8th year qb and 30 years old or whatever he should be expected to play well all game? Got it.

He's not playing well, he is playing fair, mediocre, some good passes some crap. When people gave him grief in year one his supporters said, he's a rookie wait till year two! In year two when he had some bad games people bellowed, we will know by year 3!

In year one and two he had a top 5 running game, defense and o-line. Now he doesn't, it is time for the kid to step up and start winning games for us as a leader and franchise QB. He needs to play better, like a lot of players on this team. No more freaking coddling.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Beerfish;4235025]So when sanchez is an 8th year qb and 30 years old or whatever he should be expected to play well all game? Got it.

He's not playing well, he is playing fair, mediocre, some good passes some crap. When people gave him grief in year one his supporters said, he's a rookie wait till year two! In year two when he had some bad games people bellowed, we will know by year 3!

In year one and two he had a top 5 running game, defense and o-line. Now he doesn't, it is time for the kid to step up and start winning games for us as a leader and franchise QB. He needs to play better, like a lot of players on this team. No more freaking coddling.[/QUOTE]
    +1

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=MTJets;4234999]... Gets killed way too much. Stafford in that same day threw 4 int. Get off of Sanchez' back. Jesus christ. I feel so bad for the kid. Improvement in third year qb's are almost impossible to be found. Jason went over this already. Schotty has failed time and time again with qb, after qb. If your gonna blame Sanchez I don't know what to tell you, because its pure and blatant stupidity.[/QUOTE]

1. Welcome to NY

2. See: Eli Manning

3. How do you know the folks in Detroit don't kill Stafford?

4. How do you know the folks in Baltimore don't kill Flacco?

5. Grow a pair.

I am sorry. I used to feel bad for Sanchez and stick up for him all day long, but after Sunday, I am starting to see the other side here...this kid is going to eventually run out of chances and we will have to move on...if he succeeds, he sticks around and we keep him at the helm (see: Eli), but if we continue down this road, I can see this organization going in a different direction...and the same goes for Rex, the joke is over, let's win a championship and quit the ****ing bull**** already...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SouthTown;4235035]1. Welcome to NY

5. Grow a pair.

I am sorry. I used to feel bad for Sanchez and stick up for him all day long, but after Sunday, I am starting to see the other side here...this kid is going to eventually run out of chances and we will have to move on...if he succeeds, he sticks around and we keep him at the helm (see: Eli), but if we continue down this road, I can see this organization going in a different direction...and the same goes for Rex, the joke is over, let's win a championship and quit the ****ing bull**** already...[/QUOTE]

People on this board love Stafford and Flacco. They love every qb not named Sanchez. I laugh so hard at our dumb ass fans... Jason already explained this. Improvement in year 3 is a joke! Its just not expected and will most likely not happen! I can't even explain how ignorant some of our fan base can be. I understand your point entirely, but he gets killed so much.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SouthTown;4235035]1. Welcome to NY

5. Grow a pair.

I am sorry. I used to feel bad for Sanchez and stick up for him all day long, but after Sunday, I am starting to see the other side here...this kid is going to eventually run out of chances and we will have to move on...if he succeeds, he sticks around and we keep him at the helm (see: Eli), but if we continue down this road, I can see this organization going in a different direction...and the same goes for Rex, the joke is over, let's win a championship and quit the ****ing bull**** already...[/QUOTE]

I say give him this year, hire a new OC next year. If you don't see clear development during the next season, cut the cord. As for Rex I think he has earned himself a little bit of leeway. No way I fire him unless we have a 2-3 no playoff years in a row and/or repeated failures to develop into a full HC aka taking ownership of the offense.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Beerfish;4235025]So when sanchez is an 8th year qb and 30 years old or whatever he should be expected to play well all game? Got it.

In year one and two he had a top 5 running game, defense and o-line. Now he doesn't, it is time for the kid to step up and start winning games for us as a leader and franchise QB. He needs to play better, like a lot of players on this team. No more freaking coddling.[/QUOTE]

Agreed.. Either he man up or man out!!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

I totally agree. I think the guy who would get killed here the most would be Stafford. If the Jets thought Pennington was injury prone, then I cant imagine what they would think of Stafford. The Lions are doomed for years investing that much money into a guy not only who never plays, but go into each year with all their hope invested in him for the season.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Just WOW!

Did Al Groh lead this team to the AFC Championship game? How about a playoff game? What about Herm Edward or Eric Mangini did they get the Jets to a Conference Championship?

What if the Steelers gave up on the Bill Cowher, would he be considered the great coach he is now? It took him four yrs to get to his first SB and 10 yrs after that to get to his second one.

Did Chad Pennington ever play in the AFC Championship game? How about Brett Favre or Neil O'Donnell as Jets QBs?

The Jets had the best back to back years in the past 10 yrs and still there's no faith in this team. A lot of people on this site just seem to complain: It's not pretty enough, it's not smooth enough, we're not New England and all the other crap that's said.

I remember the Wild Card lose to the Bills at home. I remember the Mud Bowl in Miami, and the lose to Cleveland. All thoughs games sucked because the ripped my heart out. The lose to New England felt the same way because I wanted my team, the Jets, to prove themselves. They didn't, but that's life. They'll move on and be ready for the next opportunity.

Do I have fears about this team? Absolutely, but I am not ready to throw in the towel on the HC or the QB at this point. I guess that's the loyalty in me.

I personally will not judge Sanchez until we get a new OC. You have to prove to me that the OC is not the bigger problem!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JetzIL;4235084]Did Al Groh lead this team to the AFC Championship game? How about a playoff game? What about Herm Edward or Eric Mangini did they get the Jets to a Conference Championship?

What if the Steelers gave up on the Bill Cowher, would he be considered the great coach he is now? It took him four yrs to get to his first SB and 10 yrs after that to get to his second one.

Did Chad Pennington ever play in the AFC Championship game? How about Brett Favre or Neil O'Donnell as Jets QBs?

[B]The Jets had the best back to back years in the past 10 yrs and still there's no faith in this team. [/B]A lot of people on this site just seem to complain: It's not pretty enough, it's not smooth enough, we're not New England and all the other crap that's said.

I remember the Wild Card lose to the Bills at home. I remember the Mud Bowl in Miami, and the lose to Cleveland. All thoughs games sucked because the ripped my heart out. The lose to New England felt the same way because I wanted my team, the Jets, to prove themselves. They didn't, but that's life. They'll move on and be ready for the next opportunity.

Do I have fears about this team? Absolutely, but I am not ready to throw in the towel on the HC or the QB at this point. I guess that's the loyalty in me.

I personally will not judge Sanchez until we get a new OC. You have to prove to me that the OC is not the bigger problem![/QUOTE]

I thnk the success of the past two years is part of the issue. As fans, we expected this team to take the next step this year. Past two years, we were inconcistent in the regular season, had a couple of games each year where the team looked completely lost. This year, I expected to see more consistency out of the team and out of the QB. And I hoped that consistency might translate to an easier path through the playoffs (a bye and a home game).

As the quarterback of a team with high expectations that has underperformed so far this season, Sanchez is bound to take some of the blame. And I think he deserves some of the blame. I also think that clearly the Coaching Staff (including but not limited to the OC) deserve some of the blame. What makes it even more frustrating is that we have seen stretches where Sanchez plays well and looks like a leader, but we have also seen stretches where he appears to lack confidence and look lost. I don't know how much of it falls on the OC -- Sanchez is best when we are running the ball which opens up play action, yet we abandon the run too quickly and put Sanchez in 5-wide sets which he does not appear comfortable in. That said, a 3rd year QB should be able to take care of the ball better. Sanchez seems to turn the ball over 1 or 2 times every game. 9 picks and 7 fumbles (5 lost) through 9 games is too much from a 3rd year QB.

Am I ready to give up on Sanchez? No
    Am I ready to give up on the season? No
    Am I frustrated by the up and down performance of Sanchez and the team this season? Yes
    Would I like to see what Sanchez could do with a differenct OC? Yes

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've mentioned it in anther thread, Staffort is playing insane this year. One bad game is not unexpected everyone has a bad day. Matts biggest issue is he is injured AGAIN. That is a pretty big deal. Much like you look at Vick and say he can never win a SB bacause he can't stay healthy, at this point you have to look at Staffort and kinda say the same thing. How can you have a franchise QB that can't give you 16 straight games? We had that heartship with Chad so we should all know that pain. You pray every game he ends it walking and that is not confidence.

The only reason I'd say Sanchez is more importent to us then Staffort is to Detroit is they have 2 very good BUs. I do not feel Brunell or OConnel can get the job done for even a day. Sanchez is our only option good or bad he is simply it.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JetzIL;4235084]Did Al Groh lead this team to the AFC Championship game? How about a playoff game? What about Herm Edward or Eric Mangini did they get the Jets to a Conference Championship?

The Jets had the best back to back years in the past 10 yrs and still there's no faith in this team. A lot of people on this site just seem to complain: It's not pretty enough, it's not smooth enough, we're not New England and all the other crap that's said.

I personally will not judge Sanchez until we get a new OC. You have to prove to me that the OC is not the bigger problem![/QUOTE]

Your Words are my [B]WORDS!!!![/B]

Thank you :yes:

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Dreamers;4235153]I've mentioned it in anther thread, Staffort is playing insane this year. One bad game is not unexpected everyone has a bad day. Matts biggest issue is he is injured AGAIN. That is a pretty big deal. Much like you look at Vick and say he can never win a SB bacause he can't stay healthy, at this point you have to look at Staffort and kinda say the same thing. How can you have a franchise QB that can't give you 16 straight games? We had that heartship with Chad so we should all know that pain. You pray every game he ends it walking and that is not confidence.

The only reason I'd say Sanchez is more importent to us then Staffort is to Detroit is they have 2 very good BUs. I do not feel Brunell or OConnel can get the job done for even a day. Sanchez is our only option good or bad he is simply it.[/QUOTE]

Also Stafford has [B][SIZE="3"]MEGATRON [/SIZE][/B]who is better than Holmes and Plex...combined!!!:yes:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    i just dont see Sanchez being a star, i think most of us dont at this point...not to say he wont be decent for a long time to come. he has been in the league for 3 years, started every game...and is making the same dumb decisions under preassure he always has, same inaccurate throws...look at Dalton in Cinci...watch a game or 2...here is a guy playing for a ****ty ass team making GOOD decisions in his first year.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Lithfan;4235142]I thnk the success of the past two years is part of the issue. As fans, we expected this team to take the next step this year. [B]Past two years, we were inconcistent in the regular season, had a couple of games each year where the team looked completely lost.[/B] This year, I expected to see more consistency out of the team and out of the QB. And I hoped that consistency might translate to an easier path through the playoffs (a bye and a home game).

As the quarterback of a team with high expectations that has underperformed so far this season, Sanchez is bound to take some of the blame. [B]And I think he deserves some of the blame. [/B] I also think that clearly the Coaching Staff (including but not limited to the OC) deserve some of the blame. What makes it even more frustrating is that we have seen stretches where Sanchez plays well and looks like a leader, but we have also seen stretches where he appears to lack confidence and look lost. I don't know how much of it falls on the OC -- Sanchez is best when we are running the ball which opens up play action, yet we abandon the run too quickly and put Sanchez in 5-wide sets which he does not appear comfortable in. That said, a 3rd year QB should be able to take care of the ball better. Sanchez seems to turn the ball over 1 or 2 times every game. 9 picks and 7 fumbles (5 lost) through 9 games is too much from a 3rd year QB.

Am I ready to give up on Sanchez? No
    Am I ready to give up on the season? No
    Am I frustrated by the up and down performance of Sanchez and the team this season? Yes
    Would I like to see what Sanchez could do with a differenct OC? Yes[/QUOTE]

Good Post!

Nice Avatar and Quote btw...

Couple things:

1. I agree that Sanchez has been inconsistent/ inaccurate over past three years and that does scare me. I also agree that he has to take some of the blame. When has Sanchez not taken the blame for his actions since he's been here?

2. Inconsistancy has plagued this offense since the days of Pennington as the QB, who was far more accurate passer (and probably smarter). Also, Pennington would consently check to down in this offense and he would be kill for it. "Captain Chech Down" I believe some people would call him. I think the only difference between Pennington and Sanchez when it comes to check downs is that Pennington did it much quicker and Sanchez looks for the home run ball more.

Which brings up a whole other set questions, one being why are our receivers almost always covered compared to the most others receivers in the league? Atleast that's how it seems me.

The inconsistancy of the offense over the past six years has one common denominator and it's not the QB.
    Last edited by JetzIL; 11-16-2011 at 10:45 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

But he's not 30 years old, so all this is irrelevant. QB's struggle, they all go through ups and downs, even veteran QB's. Look at Rivers this year, he's struggling. Favre had some down years. I mean Jesus H, the problems on Sunday night weren't all Sanchez, his pass protection was again poor, and he was getting hit a lot. He's still just 25 years old, people are jumping off of a bridge on this kid for no reason, it's part of the game, it's part of his development, some fans here need to calm the hell down.