Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: The new nfl..

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

The new nfl..

Used to be defense wins championships. Now its a high scoring passing o that wins it. Just a thought, what your opinion?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Whoever gets hot at the end wins the Super Bowl. That's the new NFL. Just eke yourself into the playoffs and have a good month.

SAR I

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    The way the NFL has gimped defensive players over the years, its no wonder it's become a passing league. I miss the old days...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    hmm not so sure I agree here. GB was a top 2 D last year. Steelers where #1 going in to 2009. The Giants where 1st in sacks going in to 08 and pretty good when healthy. Steelers again in 06 where top 3 D. As where the Pats #1 and top 3 in 03 and 04. TB #1 in 02. The only D to not be a top D was NOs. Defence still wins it IMO.

As far as passing winning now. Not many of those teams end in the top 5 in passing.
    Last edited by Dreamers; 11-15-2011 at 11:53 PM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    As in everything else, depends on the matchup.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=srobjets;4235029]Used to be defense wins championships. Now its a high scoring passing o that wins it. Just a thought, what your opinion?[/QUOTE]

Only thing Colin cowherd every said right The NFl is a Qb driven league, you better have one if want to compete for championships. The question you have to ask as well as every other fan, is my Qb good enough to eventually get us a championship.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=srobjets;4235029]Used to be defense wins championships. Now its a high scoring passing o that wins it. Just a thought, what your opinion?[/QUOTE]

This has been true for the last quarter century.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Raider9175;4235161]Only thing Colin cowherd every said right The NFl is a Qb driven league, you better have one if want to compete for championships. The question you have to ask as well as every other fan, is my Qb good enough to eventually get us a championship.[/QUOTE]

I think it's funny that you've asked yourself that question over the last 8 or 9 years and said yes.