Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mario Williams

Mario Williams

[url]http://www.kffl.com/static/nfl/features/freeagents/fa.php?option=LB&y=2012[/url]

According to KFFL Mario Williams will be a UFA next year. This is a guy that Tanny will have to get to help our pass rush. Anthony Spencer is also available.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Franchise tag

[QUOTE=LockeJET;4235158]Franchise tag[/QUOTE]

Texans will never let him go.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=LockeJET;4235158]Franchise tag[/QUOTE]

+1

[QUOTE=TerminatorJet;4235159]Texans will never let him go.[/QUOTE]

+2

If you want a Mario Williams, you have to draft him or sign him when he's 30 (like the Bears did with Peppers). Williams is 26, he's not going anywhere.

Spencer is 27, and a very good player. I would like it if the Jets signed him, but he's not going to solve our pass rush issues, as he's never had more than 6 sacks in a season.

Hall Of Fame
    He will not be available. But if he is then I would vote to open up fort Knox to get him and I never say that about any player. I firmly believe that overspending for a near term fix, often at the expense of draft picks is long-term suicide for a franchise. If a Mario Williams in his prime becomes avaialbable and there are no medical question marks then I say do it.

But it will never come to that.

[QUOTE=EM31;4235171]He will not be available. But if he is then I would vote to open up fort Knox to get him and I never say that about any player. I firmly believe that overspending for a near term fix, often at the expense of draft picks is long-term suicide for a franchise. If a Mario Williams in his prime becomes avaialbable and there are no medical question marks then I say do it.

But it will never come to that.[/QUOTE]

the funniest part of this is, i remember bashing the texans for taking this guy over bush and young...
    hahahah did i get served...

this guy is exactly what we need!
    there is no safety or LB that can match up against TE like gronk/gates etc..

solution: mario williams putting the QB on their behinds!

we will have to draft the answer...no team is going to let a stud passrusher leave as they are so hard to come by

[QUOTE=jetlifer;4235195]we will have to draft the answer...no team is going to let a stud passrusher leave as they are so hard to come by[/QUOTE]

definitely agree here.....pass rush is such a hot commodity that teams will never let a great pass rusher go....we would have to develop one

All Pro
    I would 100% give up 2 mid to late first rounders for him.

Mario at OLB would be a beast. You could truly morph into a 3-4 to a 4-3 on a whim.

The best way to stop Gronk is to have Brady running for his life.

[QUOTE=jetstream23;4235160]+1

+2[/QUOTE]

+3 players of that caliber are never expendable, except of course John Abraham, who Bradway the clown (or Tannenbaum) traded away.
    Last edited by AceBoy; 11-16-2011 at 10:29 AM.

[QUOTE=AceBoy;4235285]+3 players of that caliber are never expendable, except of course John Abraham, who Bradway the clown (or Tannenbaum) traded away.[/QUOTE]

I know Tanny has gained some unwarranted superman status with some Jet fans, but it wasn't Bradway who traded away Abraham. it was Tanny during the winter of '06.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=AceBoy;4235285]+3 players of that caliber are never expendable, except of course John Abraham, who Bradway the clown (or Tannenbaum) traded away.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, hate that we got stuck with Mangold. The real crime is still not having replaced Abe 5 years later.

All Pro
    A new OC, Mario Williams, and we draft a stud WR in the first round.

I could only wish:(

[QUOTE=jamesangleton;4235156][url]http://www.kffl.com/static/nfl/features/freeagents/fa.php?option=LB&y=2012[/url]

According to KFFL Mario Williams will be a UFA next year. This is a guy that Tanny will have to get to help our pass rush. Anthony Spencer is also available.[/QUOTE]

Make it happen, Tanny! :rockon:

[QUOTE=chirorob;4235225]I would 100% give up 2 mid to late first rounders for him.

Mario at OLB would be a beast. You could truly morph into a 3-4 to a 4-3 on a whim.

The best way to stop Gronk is to have Brady running for his life.[/QUOTE]

Or you can have safeties that can actually cover a tight end.

Mario is a pipe dream.

Veteran
    Spencer is Calvin Pace part 2, don't let the big blue star on his helmet or the fact that he's playing opposite Ware fool you.

pfale

if you think the texans will let him walk you really should go into a corner and stand there for a few hours

Lol and I thought I was the Dreamer here. Yeah lets trade for Payton Manning and sign Mario Williams and Ben Grubbs. Then we can trade Sanchez for Kam Chancellor and Seattles 1st, While we are at it trade DeVito to Balt for Ed Reed and a 2nd. Followed by drafting Matt Kalil, Mohamed Sanu, and LaMichael James. Then finaly get Abraham back at league min. lol :cool:

Veteran
    [QUOTE=brady's a catcher;4235338] The real crime is still not having replaced Abe 5 years later.[/QUOTE]

Replacing a player like John Abraham or Hugh Douglas requires a lot of luck and not the Vernon Gholston kind of luck.