Thread: Jets using Mark Brunell to mimic Tebow in practice

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Jets using Mark Brunell to mimic Tebow in practice

The New York Jets have been using 41-year-old Mark Brunell, one of the game's most mobile quarterbacks in his prime, on the scout team to mimic Tim Tebow according to the Associated Press.

"I'm left-handed and he is left-handed, and that's about it right there," Brunell joked when asked how similar he is to Tebow

--------------------------------------------

So what are they doing? having him stand there and not throw?

All Pro
    [QUOTE=petejet;4235223]The New York Jets have been using 41-year-old Mark Brunell, one of the game's most mobile quarterbacks in his prime, on the scout team to mimic Tim Tebow according to the Associated Press.

"I'm left-handed and he is left-handed, and that's about it right there," Brunell joked when asked how similar he is to Tebow

So what are they doing? having him stand there and not throw?[/QUOTE]

Brunell was a pretty mobile quarterback in his day - unfortunately, I think they played with leather helmets back then.

[QUOTE=Lithfan;4235227]Brunell was a pretty mobile quarterback in his day - unfortunately, I think they played with leather helmets back then.[/QUOTE]

Not true at all, if anyone still owns a projector and a movie screen I can show you the the black and white tapes from his college days.

Jets Insider VIP
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKhEw7nD9C4[/url]

@ 1:52 is what we should do to Tebow when he tries to pray after a play....

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Lithfan;4235227]Brunell was a pretty mobile quarterback in his day - unfortunately, I think they played with leather helmets back then.[/QUOTE]

The only reason he was so mobile was because Knute Rockne had yet to invent the forward pass.

a goal line only qb. Even a blind squirrel finds a nut.

You would think they would use a running back. A running back is probably a better match.

[QUOTE=petejet;4235223]The New York Jets have been using 41-year-old Mark Brunell, one of the game's most mobile quarterbacks in his prime, on the scout team to mimic Tim Tebow according to the Associated Press.

So what are they doing? having him stand there and not throw?[/QUOTE]

Is Brunell praising the Lord and enjoying pre marital celibacy?

Brunell should be used for nothing. Ever wonder why were 5-4.

Tim Tebow uses a Rascal?

If Brunell was starting this year the Jets would be at least 7 and 2
    Sanchez is on the verge of being sat on by the fat lady when she sings, the kid is a kid.

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

Well I am glad to hear they are using him for something besides babysitting Nacho and holding a mighty fine looking clipboard on the sidelines during the games. I also imagine the piece of paper that is attached to Brunell's clipboard reads:

Rex - light with half & half, 2 splenda
    Schotty - dark, no sugar
    Mike P. - light & sweet
    Mike W. - black, no sugar

:D

Seriously though, PLEASE Rex & Cappy, get me a back up QB that can step in the second Sanchez freezes up and win out the game. Thank you.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=Rich Caster;4235809]If Brunell was starting this year the Jets would be at least 7 and 2
    Sanchez is on the verge of being sat on by the fat lady when she sings, the kid is a kid.[/QUOTE]

This is a joke, right? :eek: