Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Colin Cowherd just gave major props to Sanchez

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Colin Cowherd just gave major props to Sanchez

Shocked to hear him ramble on at length about how Sanchez gets WAY too much blame because all I've heard him mention over the past few months are his negatives.

And I paraphrase, he said:

-He get's WAY too much blame because it's clear they aren't using him the right way, or to his strengths--they HAVE to roll him out a lot more and let him move around

-If you look at his tapes from USC, he was constantly rolling out, running bootlegs and moving in the pocket allowing him to throw on the run

-Said behind Rogers and Romo--he's probably the best thrower on the run in the league :eek:--then said maybe he's on par with Newton, yeah he's Cam Newton and he's not a Matt Ryan type

-He's not a pocket passer like Ryan, he's MUCH more athletic than Ryan or Brady or Payton or Eli or the like (mentioned a few others)--why would you try to make him something he's not--[I think he blamed Schotty by name]--said he's rangy, tall (?) and athletic and they aren't playing to his strengths

-He has 9 rushing TDs in 2-1/2 years--Brady has 7 for his career, why wouldn't you let him create more, run some bootlegs and just let him roll out and create on the run

-Said the Jets are the 4th best team in the red zone--that's because Sanchez is great while under pressure in a compressed area with a lot going on--it gives him the chance to create and make decisions on the run--was very impressed with his red zone decisions

-Said everyone keeps talking about his elite offensive playmakers but thinks that's crap--other than Santonio--none of those guys are elite playmakers, not Plax, not Keller, not LT, and the offensive line is worse than it was 2 years ago

-Said Denver is willing to change their entire offensive philosophy and the franchise's entire future for a guy who sucks, yet the Jets aren't willing to even think about modifying their system for a guy who is going to be their franchise for the next 10 years

-Also mentioned a few more times that he's tall (?), rangy and athletic and should be rolling out constantly and creating on the run

-Also said he think's there's friction between Rex and Sanchez because of Rex's defensive mindset and not wanting to allow Sanchez play like he's capable of--played a tape of Dilfer saying the same thing

Very interesting coming from what I've always thought to be is a Sanchez hater. These aren't my words, just repeating what he said (hope I haven't editorialized too much), for what it's worth.

_

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cowherd has always liked Sanchez.

I just don't get why everyone is talking like Sanchez had the worst game of his life. He had 2 TDs and 2 picks. A bad game? I guess. A game so bad its news worthy? Absolutley not.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Basically, Sanchez has not played well this year when the line can't keep him standing ... which goes for just about every QB in the league

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with 99% percent of what was posted in this OP and can't for the life me figure out why those of you who consistently defend the Jets offense don't see these basic points!!!!!:(

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Chupa;4235500][B]Cowherd has always liked Sanchez[/B].

I just don't get why everyone is talking like Sanchez had the worst game of his life. He had 2 TDs and 2 picks. A bad game? I guess. A game so bad its news worthy? Absolutley not.[/QUOTE]

Everytime I hear him talk about Mark he's either ragging on him or giving him really weak backhanded compliments.

Said Kyle Orton was better than him a few weeks ago :eek: and that everyone thinks Orton sucks.

_

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for posting.

He's taller than you, so in comparison I can see what Cowherd is saying... :D

That aside, not utilizing Sanchez properly is the final straw I had for Schottenheimer.

I can get over the motions, lining up FB's as Flankers, Tackles as Slot WR's, etc...

I can get over the mid range passing game, with very few shots down field as I think it suits our offense to a degree...

What I can't get over is his unwillingness to put Mark in the best situation possible to succeed.

You can blame Rex Ryan all day for holding Sanchez back.

But ask yourself if Rex Ryan asked Schottenheimer to empty the backfield twice on 2nd down in NE...

That doesn't seem very Rex like to me.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4235508]Everytime I hear him talk about Mark he's either ragging on him or giving him really weak backhanded compliments.

Said Kyle Orton was better than him a few weeks ago :eek: and that everyone thinks Orton sucks.

_[/QUOTE]

Trust me. I listened to the guy every day last year. He likes Sanchez a lot. Coweherd is a USC homer.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Maury77;4235504]Basically, Sanchez has not played well this year when the line can't keep him standing ... which goes for just about every QB in the league[/QUOTE]

Precisely right!!!

Lets see how good Manning or Rogers look when they have 2.5 seconds to throw or be sacked!!!

Does Sanchez sometimes make bad decisions? Yep. And so does every other QB in the NFL....... But the fact that he was getting crushed behind a revolving OL wasn't and isn't his fault!!!!:eek:

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    yeah he's good when he rolls to his right but so what. the pats took that away by blitzing from that side. Expect to see other teams emulate that.

Jets Insider VIP
    Phoenix, AZ (New Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think if Rex didn't think he could win every game by a score of 9-6 he'd uncuff Sanchez a lot more. It's obvious that we're not going deep anymore after the loss of Braylon so the field has shrunk for Sanchez to some degree as well. That makes all throws a little more crowded.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cowherd's awful.

Who cares what that moron thinks?

You guys have to remember:

The NFL and the national media want Sanchez to be something he's not:

A superstar latino QB in the world's largest media market.

He's considered good looking, charismatic, and well-spoken.

The problem is that he's not a very good QB right. He has never been, statistically speaking. 2nd year, 3rd year, I don't care, I don't cut people slack who get paid $17 million and don't perform better than other people doing the same exact job.

CEO's getting their big stock option bonuses for hitting certain benchmarks are vilified all over the world right now. We got hippies corroding Wall Street protesting people making jobs by crapping on the US flag.

Mark Sanchez is EXACTLY what they should be protesting. Not guys who got bonuses for doing their job well.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Charlie Brown;4235517]Precisely right!!!

Lets see how good Manning or Rogers look when they have 2.5 seconds to throw or be sacked!!!

Does Sanchez sometimes make bad decisions? Yep. [B]And so does every other QB in the NFL[/B]....... But the fact that he was getting crushed behind a revolving OL wasn't and isn't his fault!!!!:eek:[/QUOTE]

Go back no further to the Pats game vs. the Giants when Eli just blindly threw a pass into the end zone which was picked.

I wish that the only reason we are not 9-0 right now was Mark Sanchez. Sadly there are other factors!!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Forget about the substance of what he said and whether it's true or not... but anyone who follows Cowherd should know he takes unpopular or off-the-wall positions to get people to call in. He basically gets paid to troll his listeners

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=frankiepapa;4235601]Go back no further to the Pats game vs. the Giants when Eli just blindly threw a pass into the end zone which was picked.

I wish that the only reason we are not 9-0 right now was Mark Sanchez. Sadly there are other factors!![/QUOTE]

+1

Remember last season when Eli threw the ball wildly into the endzone left handed and had it picked? That was funny. Imagine the reaction if Sanchez tried something like that.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PMarsico9;4235594]
    Who cares what that moron thinks?
    [/QUOTE]

I have that very same reaction when you post...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Since Sanchez came into the league he's behind only Rodgers and Vick for rushing TDs by a QB.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Colin is exactly right, and its basically what I have been saying for years now

Sanchez is not a pure pocket passer, but he is very atheltic and throws on the run

I even suggested that the Jets look at all of his USC plays (THE REASON WHY WE DRAFTED HIM SO HIGH IN THE FIRST PLACE!) and modify their system to fit his strengths

Guys, please watch these highlights, and tell me if you notice a big difference between Sanchez now and then (The plays ran)......

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_rib5nD5P0&feature=channel_video_title[/url]

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4235495]Shocked to hear him ramble on at length about how Sanchez gets WAY too much blame because all I've heard him mention over the past few months are his negatives.

And I paraphrase, he said:

-He get's WAY too much blame because it's clear they aren't using him the right way, or to his strengths--they HAVE to roll him out a lot more and let him move around

-If you look at his tapes from USC, he was constantly rolling out, running bootlegs and moving in the pocket allowing him to throw on the run

-Said behind Rogers and Romo--he's probably the best thrower on the run in the league :eek:--then said maybe he's on par with Newton, yeah he's Cam Newton and he's not a Matt Ryan type

-He's not a pocket passer like Ryan, he's MUCH more athletic than Ryan or Brady or Payton or Eli or the like (mentioned a few others)--why would you try to make him something he's not--[I think he blamed Schotty by name]--said he's rangy, tall (?) and athletic and they aren't playing to his strengths

-He has 9 rushing TDs in 2-1/2 years--Brady has 7 for his career, why wouldn't you let him create more, run some bootlegs and just let him roll out and create on the run

-Said the Jets are the 4th best team in the red zone--that's because Sanchez is great while under pressure in a compressed area with a lot going on--it gives him the chance to create and make decisions on the run--was very impressed with his red zone decisions

-Said everyone keeps talking about his elite offensive playmakers but thinks that's crap--other than Santonio--none of those guys are elite playmakers, not Plax, not Keller, not LT, and the offensive line is worse than it was 2 years ago

-Said Denver is willing to change their entire offensive philosophy and the franchise's entire future for a guy who sucks, yet the Jets aren't willing to even think about modifying their system for a guy who is going to be their franchise for the next 10 years

-Also mentioned a few more times that he's tall (?), rangy and athletic and should be rolling out constantly and creating on the run

-Also said he think's there's friction between Rex and Sanchez because of Rex's defensive mindset and not wanting to allow Sanchez play like he's capable of--played a tape of Dilfer saying the same thing

Very interesting coming from what I've always thought to be is a Sanchez hater. These aren't my words, just repeating what he said (hope I haven't editorialized too much), for what it's worth.

_[/QUOTE]

I agree with everything said in this thread. Sanchez is terrific when they roll the pocket and he throws on the run. I don't understand why Schitty does not make the necessary adjustments. This kid is a winner and has produced at an elite college program and in his 3 seasons as a Jet. Make the adjustments and give him the tools to succeed. And he will.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=King Koopa;4235619]Colin is exactly right, and its basically what I have been saying for years now

Sanchez is not a pure pocket passer, but he is very atheltic and throws on the run

I even suggested that the Jets look at all of his USC plays (THE REASON WHY WE DRAFTED HIM SO HIGH IN THE FIRST PLACE!) and modify their system to fit his strengths

Guys, please watch these highlights, and tell me if you notice a big difference between Sanchez now and then (The plays ran)......

[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_rib5nD5P0&feature=channel_video_title"][/URL][/QUOTE]

This line of thought is flawed because you are talking about what can effectively be called the worst team in the NFL playing against high schoolers in regards to USC.

Alex Smith and Sanchez have more in common than how their teams currently try to lessen their respective impacts on games.

They both looked great in college feasting on weak West Coast competition, as had Leinart and Ryan Leaf, and both had insanely strong high school teams.

In essence, they didn't hit true adversity until the NFL. Smith was teammates with Reggie Bush in High School, I think I read Sanchez didn't lose a game in H.S.

Regardless of how mobile Sanchez is, he's not Vick or Tebow. You can roll him out all day, but in the end of the day he needs to be more accurate.