Thread: Don't Know What To Think Anymore

Veteran

Don't Know What To Think Anymore

I mean this damn team. Just when you think they are on their way to being on top of the AFC East, going into last Sunday nights game on a roll against a struggling Patriots team...they blow it. Of course.

Now we most of us have our negative thoughts and down in the dumps attitude, honestly, I'm not even excited about the game against the Broncos (mainly because I'm working) but even so, I just don't know what to expect anymore. I swear its like when you expect wins, they lose and when you expect them to absolutely crap the bed...they find wins. I honestly don't know what to feel about the future of this season with this team. I really don't. That loss on Sunday night really took alot out of me. This friggin team.

Great being a Jets fan, ugh!

Practice Squad
    When I looked at the 4 games coming out of the bye - @Buf, NE, @Den, Buf - I figured the Jets had to win three of those to have a legit shot at the playoffs. That is still in their grasp.

Would have been nice if one of the wins was against NE, but obviously that's water under the bridge. Win the next two and they are back on track for a playoff appearance.

[QUOTE=jetscc26;4235559]I mean this damn team. Just when you think they are on their way to being on top of the AFC East, going into last Sunday nights game on a roll against a struggling Patriots team...they blow it. Of course.

Now we most of us have our negative thoughts and down in the dumps attitude, honestly, [B]I'm not even excited about the game against the Broncos [/B](mainly because I'm working) but even so, I just don't know what to expect anymore. I swear its like when you expect wins, they lose and when you expect them to absolutely crap the bed...they find wins. I honestly don't know what to feel about the future of this season with this team. I really don't. That loss on Sunday night really took alot out of me. This friggin team.

Great being a Jets fan, ugh![/QUOTE]

Really, why? We have 16 games each year and if we are good enough, as we were the last two years, a few more in the playoffs. This is football. We are not on the field getting our bodies smashed in, taking helmet to helmet hits and worrying about how will we be able to walk 15 years from now. We watch for entertainment benefit. I will admit, I had a hard time going to sleep after the game Sunday and would have loved nothing nore than to found a way to win that game, but we didn't. There have been a number of posts on here about turning the page and I really think the fact that this game is happening with such little turn around works to our advantage.

Turn the page, get excited about a nice win in Denver and get ready for a playoff run and hopefully a trip to Indy come February!!

[QUOTE=frankiepapa;4235579]Really, why? We have 16 games each year and if we are good enough, as we were the last two years, a few more in the playoffs. This is football. We are not on the field getting our bodies smashed in, taking helmet to helmet hits and worrying about how will we be able to walk 15 years from now. We watch for entertainment benefit. I will admit, I had a hard time going to sleep after the game Sunday and would have loved nothing nore than to found a way to win that game, but we didn't. There have been a number of posts on here about turning the page and I really think the fact that this game is happening with such little turn around works to our advantage.

Turn the page, get excited about a nice win in Denver and get ready for a playoff run and hopefully a trip to Indy come February!![/QUOTE]

Exactly. We only get 16 days a year to watch our team. I try and get excited for every game when we are still in contention. One week some are trying to figure out hotel reservations for Indy, the next week the same people are running our OC out of town with torches discussing the 2016 draft.

For me it a great escape from life...I take it too seriously at times and take the big losses way too hard...but can't wait until SUNDAY (I mean Thursday)

Veteran
    I hear you guys. I try being positive, but its tough sometimes with this team. As many of you know. I am kind of glad we have a game so soon, just to get the bad taste of Sun night out of my mouth. If we do manage a win tomorrow, hopefully we can stay on track and knock off the Bills next week.