Thread: Can anyone make sense of this?

Can anyone make sense of this?

[URL="http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/scouting?gameId=311117007"]http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/scouting?gameId=311117007[/URL]

It's insider content, so if you can't read it I'll summarize.

Scout's Inc. has determined that the Jets have an advantage at every position:

QB, RB, WR, OL, DL, LB, DB, ST, and Coach....

YET, they still pick Denver to win 17 - 14....wtf. Would love to hear your take. I find it hard to beleive that the fact that the jets are travelling impacts the game that much. It's the same anchoring crap that analysts get hooked on, one bad loss influences these morons' predictions just a silly amount.

Jets Insider VIP
    Did they factor Schotty in the calculation?

[QUOTE=bjetsb;4235725][URL]http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/scouting?gameId=311117007[/URL]

YET, they still pick Denver to win 17 - 14....wtf. Would love to hear your take. I find it hard to beleive that the fact that the jets are travelling impacts the game that much. It's the same anchoring crap that analysts get hooked on, one bad loss influences these morons' predictions just a silly amount.[/QUOTE]

How our WR core compares to their WR core is irrelevant in determining actual win or loss.

Our LB core is slow and they are going to work the hell out of the middle of the field on us, whether it be via run or pass. As has been said, our Safety play has been abysmal.

Our biggest defensive strength, which is our CB's, is going to basically be relegated to a near after-thought because they simply are going to work the middle of the field and throw very, very little.

In fact, I think many teams will do this against us from here on out because it's obvious your TE's will eventually get open.

And I don't care how much Wilson has improved, only Cro can cover a TE out of our entire defensive secondary.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=jetstream23;4235728]Did they factor Schotty in the calculation?[/QUOTE]
    yes this throws the standard deviation way off

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

[QUOTE=bjetsb;4235725]

YET, they still pick Denver to win 17 - 14....wtf. Would love to hear your take. I find it hard to beleive that the fact that the jets are travelling impacts the game that much. It's the same anchoring crap that analysts get hooked on, one bad loss influences these morons' predictions just a silly amount.[/QUOTE]

It's very simple:

The Jets defense has a very nasty habit of sleepwalking in games that meet the following conditions:

* On the road against an inferior opponent.

* Everyone saying it's an easy Jets win.

* On the heels of a big game the week before.

* Out west, different time zone, at night.

* Head coach having a quiet media week.

* Lack of "us against the world" mentality, no fire in the belly.

I expect the Jets to lollygag through the game and win it late in miraculous fashion. If they lose, I won't be shocked at all.

SAR I

Simple. Jesus loves Tebow

[QUOTE=SAR I;4235836]It's very simple:

The Jets defense has a very nasty habit of sleepwalking in games that meet the following conditions:

I expect the Jets to lollygag through the game and win it late in miraculous fashion. If they lose, I won't be shocked at all.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

this is the classic set up for the "how did we lose that game" big thing going for the Jets is the High School OFF. they run in Denver...

[QUOTE=FlagmanL11;4235844]this is the classic set up for the "how did we lose that game" big thing going for the Jets is the High School OFF. they run in Denver...[/QUOTE]

I can't see how Rex lets the Broncos score more than 10 points in this game.

[QUOTE=CleatMarks;4235838]Simple. Jesus loves Tebow[/QUOTE]

This, plus the air is thin and your HC and QB are light headed at the best of times. 3 picks, 1 of which will be for 6 points.

[QUOTE=bjetsb;4235725][URL="http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/scouting?gameId=311117007"]http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/scouting?gameId=311117007[/URL]

That's because they believe we will be out coached again and the team will come in flat.

Jets Insider VIP

:zzz::zzz::zzz:

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=SAR I;4235836]It's very simple:

SAR I[/QUOTE]

I'd agree except for the fact that we were humiliated last game. I expect the guys to come out fired up and play tough.

All Pro
    On the road, on a Thursday night after a Sunday night game, in the mile high air, against a hot team nobody believes in, after a devastating, deflating loss that may have cost us our season.

This has the makings of an upset -- I'm stunned the Jets are giving 6.5 on the site I bet on.

or mulligan?

All Pro
    [QUOTE=CleatMarks;4235838]Simple. Jesus loves Tebow[/QUOTE]

You misunderstand.Jesus Loves everyone.

Tebow Loves Jesus,so you should never bet against him.

Hall Of Fame
    Few problems for Jets.

1. Schotty is on their staff.
    2. It is a prime time game. Jets suck at night.
    3. Jets suck on West Coast.
    4. God is on Denver's side.

[QUOTE=nycuse;4236179]or mulligan?[/QUOTE]

A true factor, when you consider Mulligan has accounted for more negative yardage than positive yardage on the season.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

[QUOTE=FlagmanL11;4235844]this is the classic set up for the "how did we lose that game" big thing going for the Jets is the High School OFF. they run in Denver...[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://anmwe.com/images/articlePhoto/do_1.jpg[/IMG]

The Jets looked ridiculous against the Wildcat in its heyday. Here we go again. Creamscicle uniforms, too.

SAR I