Thread: He isnt a problem but wtf Rex

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

He isnt a problem but wtf Rex

We get that Rex is a defensive coach who'd rather win 9-6 and he's damn good at it but he's made some critical coaching errors and doesn't want to adjust.

In the beginning of the season there was an issue with our offense. We had too much change. We were passing too much. We needed to return to ground and pound. Why? We lost the Oakland game on a fumble on a kick return. The Raven game was an o-line issue and we had nothing on offense since there was pure jailbreak happening. Then our offense was turned back to a more run orientated conservative approach and we lost to the Pats. For as much flak as our early season offense got it was putting up some nice numbers for our qb and as a team in general. We weren't perfect but they kept us in a game in Oakland that based on defensive play we should've been blown out in. Rhythm is so important for a passing offense that handcuffing it will only lead to lack of progress. Sanchez was having a good year until that Raven game and why shouldn't he be able to try to keep up the pace. The beginning of the season was a bit too much too fast but it was the right idea for this team to compete against the offensive powers. This is important because guess what? We're not stopping those teams.

Something that made our defense awesome last year was that our team could stop the run with only its dline. Our defense was stopping the run from its nickel package. That isn't happening anymore. The most important event of the game against the Pats was not the McKnight fumble or the interceptions, it was the 8 minute drive in the fourth quarter. That is unacceptable for a team that calls itself ground and pound and harks defensive philosophy as its calling card. The offense came out flat and defeated after that. They were sluggish and out of sync. The game was over even before that pick. They lost confidence in their ability to win that game. Our team can't do it anymore, they can't stop the run from the nickel and they can't out smart you with blitzes anymore but rex didn't seem to notice that. On that drive I saw Muhammed Wilkerson and Marcus Dixon on the bench two guys that can actually beat their man. I saw Bart Scott try to play underneath coverage. I did not see Aaron Maybin at all. Maybin may have missed those sacks but he at least put pressure on Tom Brady and that was something that we needed but when it mattered he was on the bench.

We're a good team but there is evolution that has to take place for a team and hopefully our team will not be left behind. Sanchez has to be given a chance to fail and the defense has to identify its weak spots.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=kdelgado;4235826]We get that Rex is a defensive coach who'd rather win 9-6 and he's damn good at it but he's made some critical coaching errors and doesn't want to adjust.

In the beginning of the season there was an issue with our offense. We had too much change. We were passing too much. We needed to return to ground and pound. Why? We lost the Oakland game on a fumble on a kick return. The Raven game was an o-line issue and we had nothing on offense since there was pure jailbreak happening. Then our offense was turned back to a more run orientated conservative approach and we lost to the Pats. For as much flak as our early season offense got it was putting up some nice numbers for our qb and as a team in general. We weren't perfect but they kept us in a game in Oakland that based on defensive play we should've been blown out in. Rhythm is so important for a passing offense that handcuffing it will only lead to lack of progress. Sanchez was having a good year until that Raven game and why shouldn't he be able to try to keep up the pace. The beginning of the season was a bit too much too fast but it was the right idea for this team to compete against the offensive powers. This is important because guess what? We're not stopping those teams.

Something that made our defense awesome last year was that our team could stop the run with only its dline. Our defense was stopping the run from its nickel package. That isn't happening anymore. The most important event of the game against the Pats was not the McKnight fumble or the interceptions, it was the 8 minute drive in the fourth quarter. That is unacceptable for a team that calls itself ground and pound and harks defensive philosophy as its calling card. The offense came out flat and defeated after that. They were sluggish and out of sync. The game was over even before that pick. They lost confidence in their ability to win that game. Our team can't do it anymore, they can't stop the run from the nickel and they can't out smart you with blitzes anymore but rex didn't seem to notice that. On that drive I saw Muhammed Wilkerson and Marcus Dixon on the bench two guys that can actually beat their man. I saw Bart Scott try to play underneath coverage. I did not see Aaron Maybin at all. Maybin may have missed those sacks but he at least put pressure on Tom Brady and that was something that we needed but when it mattered he was on the bench.

We're a good team but there is evolution that has to take place for a team and hopefully our team will not be left behind. Sanchez has to be given a chance to fail and the defense has to identify its weak spots.[/QUOTE]

The only way this Jet team as currently constucted can win is to Run!!!!!!!!!!
    Forget about Sanchez, he's proven that he's not quite ready to be the man. Rex's albatross is Schotty also Sanchez's as well. (schotty has ruined sanchez beyound repair)

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Rich Caster;4235833]The only way this Jet team as currently constucted can win is to Run!!!!!!!!!!
    Forget about Sanchez, he's proven that he's not quite ready to be the man. Rex's albatross is Schotty also Sanchez's as well. (schotty has ruined sanchez beyound repair)[/QUOTE]

I agree sometimes but in genereal we have to pass a lot if we want to win something of real importance. Give Sanchez the chance to fail. Protect him when you have to but the Jets should go in with a sink or swim with the QB mentality. We're 2 -1 with that mentality and the 1 is a game when our QB threw for his highest yardage total ever. We can't be afraid to fail since clearly the defense isn't good enough to stop a good offense anymore.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Did you watch this game dude? Our offense came out firing and drove right downfield on the first drive. SH fell down or he scores a TD, then Knick Folk missed the chip shot FG that you or I could have made. That is when they got deflated. They did not come out flat.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ASH_1962;4235867]Did you watch this game dude? Our offense came out firing and drove right downfield on the first drive. SH fell down or he scores a TD, then Knick Folk missed the chip shot FG that you or I could have made. That is when they got deflated. They did not come out flat.[/QUOTE]

I understand I was rambling but I said they came out flat after that 8 minute drive in the 4TH quarter. They came out and looked ready to lose.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=kdelgado;4235826]We get that Rex is a defensive coach who'd rather win 9-6 and he's damn good at it but he's made some critical coaching errors and doesn't want to adjust.

We're a good team but there is evolution that has to take place for a team and hopefully our team will not be left behind. Sanchez has to be given a chance to fail and the defense has to identify its weak spots.[/QUOTE]

You think that's what Belichick was talking about when he said not bad against the best defense in the NFL. :eek:

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    NEED TO ROLL SANCHEZ OUT!!!!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

REX throwing Sanchez under the bus for that "stupid" play before the half might just hurt that clubhouse.