Thread: 2012 2nd Round pick

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like

2012 2nd Round pick

If there is any way we can get multiple second round picks I say we pull the trigger. If we can trade down and still be able to dradt Barkley, Jones, or Griffin while getting an additional second round pick I'll be ecstatic.

Main Moves I'll like to see this offseason:

Trade down to the 5-10 range in the first round select Barkley, Jones, or Griffin and gain an additional 2nd.

Draft Dwayne Allen and Brandon Jenkins with the two second round picks draft mostly defensive players and OL help throughout the rest of the draft.

Sign Desean Jackson and Mckenzie/Grubbs

What do you think? I think this can be pretty realistic. The rookie wage scale only helps us.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wrong forum?

Here you go: FinHeaven

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    Wrong forum?

Here you go: FinHeaven
    Gold

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sharachow View Post
    If there is any way we can get multiple second round picks I say we pull the trigger. If we can trade down and still be able to dradt Barkley, Jones, or Griffin while getting an additional second round pick I'll be ecstatic.

Trade down to the 5-10 range in the first round select Barkley, Jones, or Griffin and gain an additional 2nd.

Draft Dwayne Allen and Brandon Jenkins with the two second round picks draft mostly defensive players and OL help throughout the rest of the draft.

What do you think? I think this can be pretty realistic. The rookie wage scale only helps us.
    I've heard a couple of ppl say they preferred him over Luck! Idk haven't seen enough of him he looked good vs. Stanford.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    yeah what team are we talking here? Unless it is Indy Barklay will be gone by 4 at the latest so trading down makes no sense for anyone IMO. If Indy takes Luck and Barkley is in the draft you take him if he is there. That guy is as good as it gets. I still say any team that jumped the gun last year would have to consider taking him this year. Not to mention for teams like Washington, Philly, Cleveland, Seattle, and yes even Zona it would be a no brainer IMO. Both him and Jones will be gone in the top 10 easy.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sharachow View Post

I disagree. I dont think we should trade out of the 1st rd. There's bound to be a stud OLB or cover safety available. Also signing that overrated bum D. Jackson should be an option. We need a big, strong reciever who can stretch the field, not a Santonio clone.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    This second rounder will be crucial, we have very defined needs but I could see us going for ILB or TE if a Harris or Hernandez type is available

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post
    I disagree. I dont think we should trade out of the 1st rd. There's bound to be a stud OLB or cover safety available. Also signing that overrated bum D. Jackson should be an option. We need a big, strong reciever who can stretch the field, not a Santonio clone.
    Agreed we need passrusher in the first or perhaps safety if the talent is there. We also need a big WR that can stretch the field, D Jackson is a bit too frail for us

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    What the hell?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    This second rounder will be crucial, we have very defined needs but I could see us going for ILB or TE if a Harris or Hernandez type is available
    the key with the second round pick is that he needs to be able to start from day 1. IMHO, our first two picks should be OLB and then RT.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nycuse View Post
    the key with the second round pick is that he needs to be able to start from day 1. IMHO, our first two picks should be OLB and then RT.
    I posted about the bolded statement in the main forum and a lot posters brushed it off.

This team can't afford to keep bringing in project picks. We're just not that good.

Tannenbaum needs to bring in immediate contributors.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Anton Chigurh View Post
    I posted about the bolded statement in the main forum and a lot posters brushed it off.

This team can't afford to keep bringing in project picks. We're just not that good.

Tannenbaum needs to bring in immediate contributors.
    i think i remember seeing this in a ducasse discussion. the problem with projects is that unless they get on the field they typically dont get better. if hunter gets owned again this week i think we need to seriously consider seeing vlad.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    jets aren't drafting a QB that early.