Thread: Remaining Schedule at a Glance

Remaining Schedule at a Glance

Now that were 5-4 and fighting for a wildcard spot, these final 7 games will let us now if were playoff bound or not. The schedule gets much easier, but we need to get every win we can get. I think the remaining schedule breaks into 3 seperate parts.

Part 1:
    Jets@Denver- In my opinion this is the 2nd most important game left on the schedule. We need to forget the Sunday night debacle and beat Denver badly. Obviously it will not be easy traveling across the country after an emotional sunday night game, but if you look at Denver's roster we have a great chance.

Bills@Jets- This is the most important game left on the schedule. If we can beat Buffalo in our house I believe that that will mean the end to Buffalo's wildcard run. We blew them out in their house why can't we do it in our's.

Part 2:
    Jets@Redskins- I know the Jets are notorious for losing a road game that they shouldn't. It seems like it always happens once a year, but there is no excuse to losing this game. Washington does not even have a QB right now .

Chiefs@Jets- Just like the Washington game. A game that should be ours.

Part 3:
    Jets@Eagles- I dont know what to think about this one. At this point of the year, the Eagles could be done with no playoff hopes, and Vick could be shut down for the year if his rib injury is as serious as it sounds. But there is a chance the Eagles can turn it around and come in hot into this game. We will see.

Giants@Jets- State rivalry, the Jets should play with a lot of emotion. This is going to be a tough game since the Giants are a good team and they will be playing with a lot of emotion at all. This is a game i would love a win.

Jets@Miami- Do not under estimate this game. Dolphins are starting to look a lot better and we always struggle against them. Road divisional games are never easy. We are still the better team though.

Now at looking at the remaining schedule how many wins do you see us getting. 10-6 usually gets teams in the playoffs and that means we would need to win 5 of our remaining games to get there. 7 wins would be awesome, 6 would be great, and 5 would be good, anything less would be a dissapointment. Thoughts?

Jets 8-8. no wildcard.

All League
    i really believe the jets will win at least 5 remaining games. with a good chance at 6.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=loluchka80;4236382]i really believe the jets will win at least 5 remaining games. with a good chance at 6.[/QUOTE]

... :yes: + 1 ...

l_j_r

Looking at the remainder of the schedule you would think we should will all of them. I think we are a better team than all 7 of those teams including the Giants. Here's the big question: Can Rex and Company get this team to play at their potential or will his loosey goosey player's coach mentality get in the way? They reported that players don't like the hard ass, disciplinarian style of a Tom Coughlin. But I think Rex is too soft (literally and figuratively). It's his responsibility to get this team prepared. Last week vs. NE the announcers commented how tired the Jets D was when they were on the field. Well...if they are not in shape by this point in the season, that's a lack of conditioning. They also seemed unprepared for many of the plays, both offensively and defensively. Combine 3 days rest, the thin air in Denver, lackadaisical conditioning with poor preparation and I fear the result is an overall record of 5-5. Comments?

When I look at loluchka's signature above, it makes me wonder if Rex can show that kind of emotion with one of his own players when the screw up. It's not in his nature to get in someone's face like that.

All League
    [QUOTE=CHIROJET-WPB;4236416]When I look at loluchka's signature above, it makes me wonder if Rex can show that kind of emotion with one of his own players when the screw up. It's not in his nature to get in someone's face like that.[/QUOTE]

i'm pretty sure that was towards his own players. it was the first preseason game against houston and the jets had too many men on defense and had to burn a timeout. something that seems to be a trend with this team, which is why he got so pissed. i'm also pretty sure it was directed at kenrick ellis. maybe he was trying to make an example of him?

[QUOTE=CHIROJET-WPB;4236412]Looking at the remainder of the schedule you would think we should will all of them. I think we are a better team than all 7 of those teams including the Giants. Here's the big question: Can Rex and Company get this team to play at their potential or will his loosey goosey player's coach mentality get in the way? They reported that players don't like the hard ass, disciplinarian style of a Tom Coughlin. But I think Rex is too soft (literally and figuratively). It's his responsibility to get this team prepared. Last week vs. NE the announcers commented how tired the Jets D was when they were on the field. Well...if they are not in shape by this point in the season, that's a lack of conditioning. They also seemed unprepared for many of the plays, both offensively and defensively. Combine 3 days rest, the thin air in Denver, lackadaisical conditioning with poor preparation and I fear the result is an overall record of 5-5. Comments?[/QUOTE]

Here's how it used to work.

Hardass coaches got their team ready to play quicker and, as a result, they start fast out of the gate and have an overachieving first half of the season. But the hardass coach wears his players down resulting in a poor finish to the season. see e.g. Coughlin, Mangini

Players' coaches never have their teams trul ready for the first half so they lose a few games they should win, but their fresh for the second half of the season so they overachiev in the second half. See e.g. Rex, Herm

This was always a very reliable indicator unit the new CBA came along. How can you be a hardass when you are required to give your players a week off during the bye and your number of padded practices are limited? The new CBA actually favors the hardass coach by saving him from sabotaging his season by overworking his players. IT will be interesting to see how this plays out.

If the JETS play to their talent, there is only two games that worry me, Giants & Eagles. Yeah I know the Eagles suck, but JETS have NEVER beaten the Eagles in the regular season.

We will see tonight if this team means business. Playing on three days rest after a brutal loss, flying 2/3 across the country, thin air, with Tebow mania, tough spot. This is a game we all know the JETS should win and win easy.

We'll see....

I'm not worried in the least bit. Anyone remember when we were "eliminated" from the playoffs in 09? Remember how the only way for us to make the playoffs was to beat the Steelers after coming off of two of the most embarrassing losses of the year?

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=SONNY WERBLIN;4236435]
    This was always a very reliable indicator unit the new CBA came along. How can you be a hardass when you are required to give your players a week off during the bye and your number of padded practices are limited? The new CBA actually favors the hardass coach by saving him from sabotaging his season by overworking his players. IT will be interesting to see how this plays out.[/QUOTE]

... agree, interesting thought ... let's hope it doesn't come to fruition ...

l_j_r

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=SONNY WERBLIN;4236435]Here's how it used to work.

Hardass coaches got their team ready to play quicker and, as a result, they start fast out of the gate and have an overachieving first half of the season. But the hardass coach wears his players down resulting in a poor finish to the season. see e.g. Coughlin, Mangini

Players' coaches never have their teams trul ready for the first half so they lose a few games they should win, but their fresh for the second half of the season so they overachiev in the second half. See e.g. Rex, Herm

This was always a very reliable indicator unit the new CBA came along. How can you be a hardass when you are required to give your players a week off during the bye and your number of padded practices are limited? The new CBA actually favors the hardass coach by saving him from sabotaging his season by overworking his players. IT will be interesting to see how this plays out.[/QUOTE]

Great point. The new CBA has changed the dynamic.

Jets Insider VIP
    Jets are capable of winning 7. But their inconsistency leads me to believe that 4-5 wins are the likely outcome. Win 5 and they'll be in the playoffs. Win 4 and they won't....AFC seems too tough this year. I think there may be a few 9-7 teams.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=SONNY WERBLIN;4236435]Here's how it used to work.

Interesting points but this year the evidence points to Rex having benefited from the new CBA. Rex was 0-2 after the Bye week his first two years. This year he won after the Bye in arguably the Jets best performance of the season.

6 or 7 wins make the playoffs get close but no Super Bowl again or I can be wrong as usual and we do make it despite my superstitions and actually win it

The only problem games I see are the Eagles and Giants. Even the Broncos tonight. The rest I think we can win and should.

Giants are the biggest problem. Just because it will be a big emotional game, and you know Rex will make a big deal about it trying to be New York's team. If the offense can hold up against their pass rush, we'll be okay.

One other good thing. No more primetime games and in the spotlight.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=MDL_JET;4236581] you know Rex will make a big deal about it trying to be New York's team. [/QUOTE]

... i actually think the opposite ... when rex acts like himself and comes in with all bluster,fire, & brimstone the team seems to respond ...

... he lowered the volume last week leading up to the pats game & the guys all $h*t the bed ...

talk the talk again rexxy babyyy ... your players will walk the walk!

l_j_r

Veteran
    My feeling is that we will go into the last game of the season on January 1st in Miami with 9 wins.

Miami as the OP stated will not be a pushover; Sparano performing his swan song.

So no divisional win but with a bit of luck I expect us to squeak into the playoffs.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=MDL_JET;4236581]The only problem games I see are the Eagles and Giants. Even the Broncos tonight. The rest I think we can win and should.

Giants are the biggest problem. Just because it will be a big emotional game, and you know Rex will make a big deal about it trying to be New York's team. If the offense can hold up against their pass rush, we'll be okay.

One other good thing. No more primetime games and in the spotlight.[/QUOTE]

Vick is hurt and the Eagles were sputtering before his injury. I want that game against the giants. BADLY!

Jets Insider VIP
    11 wins minimum

12 a strong possibility