Thread: Can you tell Sanchez from McNabb?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Can you tell Sanchez from McNabb?

Based on their first three years. No cheating.

[CODE]Passing Rushing Fumbles
    Avg TD Int Sck Rate Avg TD FUM Lost
    7 14 9 22 81.5 3.4 3 7 5
    6.5 17 13 27 75.3 3.5 3 9 1
    6.7 12 20 26 63 2.9 3 10 3
    Passing Rushing Fumbles
    Avg TD Int Sck Rate Avg TD FUM Lost
    6.6 25 12 39 84.3 5.9 2 8 3
    5.9 21 13 45 77.8 7.3 6 7 4
    4.4 8 7 28 60.1 6.7 0 8 6[/CODE]

Then figure in Donovan's 4 consecutive trips(and losses) to the conference championship vs Sanchez's two.

I brought this up in another thread but am expanding on it here. Quite similar stats in my view.

So please.... help me see how this is completely wrong or somehow a good thing. Donovan did make it to the Super Bowl. Then again he did puke the bed once there.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    You wouldn't be happy with Sanchez becoming a McNabb caliber QB? Are you serious?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JB1089;4236395]You wouldn't be happy with Sanchez becoming a McNabb caliber QB? Are you serious?[/QUOTE]
    McNabb in his prime, right now, I wouldn't mind.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well McNabb is #2 obviously. As I recall, McNabb didn't have anywhere near the talent around him on either side of the ball that Sanchez has had his first three years.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BushyTheBeaver;4236406]Well McNabb is #2 obviously. As I recall, McNabb didn't have anywhere near the talent around him on either side of the ball that Sanchez has had his first three years.[/QUOTE]

Actually, it was really only the TO year that McNabb had big-time weapons on offense AND stayed healthy throughout...see it as no coincidence that this was also the one and only year they finally jumped the conference game hurdle.

Not exactly the best example to illustrate that Sanchez won't develop into a top-tier QB, which I assume is what the OP was going for.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=GreenWave;4236446]Actually, it was really only the TO year that McNabb had big-time weapons on offense AND stayed healthy throughout...see it as no coincidence that this was also the one and only year they finally jumped the conference game hurdle.

Not exactly the best example to illustrate that Sanchez won't develop into a top-tier QB, which I assume is what the OP was going for.[/QUOTE]

+10000

this is just another example of "stats don't tell the whole story"

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    In his prime McNabb was widely viewed as top 5-10 QB.

But if Sanchez did that, it would be a bad thing.

Because Sanchez sucks :mad:

PS -- look at those sack totals. In 9 games, Sanchez has been sacked nearly as many times as he was in each of the two previous seasons. thats certainly not helping.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JB1089;4236395]You wouldn't be happy with Sanchez becoming a McNabb caliber QB? Are you serious?[/QUOTE]

McNabb in his prime was a bona fide elite QB.

You're either fixated on his later sucky years or you're too young to remember when he was good.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Dirtstar;4236458]In his prime McNabb was widely viewed as top 5-10 QB.

But if Sanchez did that, it would be a bad thing.

Because Sanchez sucks :mad:

PS -- look at those sack totals. In 9 games, Sanchez has been sacked nearly as many times as he was in each of the two previous seasons. thats certainly not helping.[/QUOTE]

To me that only proves the point that Sanchez is actually developing well and improving every year....

Despite an obviously average at best OL this year, all his stats are better than the 2 previous season when the OL was markedly better as was the run game.....

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=GreenWave;4236446]Actually, it was really only the TO year that McNabb had big-time weapons on offense AND stayed healthy throughout...see it as no coincidence that this was also the one and only year they finally jumped the conference game hurdle.

Not exactly the best example to illustrate that Sanchez won't develop into a top-tier QB, which I assume is what the OP was going for.[/QUOTE]
    I guess I see McNabb as QB that frustrated fans for 10 years and then was let go when it become clear he lacked something(fitness some say) to get them over the hurdle.

But I respect his career. He did have some thrilling seasons.
    Last edited by jxc; 11-17-2011 at 12:45 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=SMC;4236528]McNabb in his prime was a bona fide elite QB.

You're either fixated on his later sucky years or you're too young to remember when he was good.[/QUOTE]

I was incredulous at the OP's suggestion that McNabb wasn't a great QB. We're on the same page here.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BushyTheBeaver;4236406]Well McNabb is #2 obviously. As I recall, McNabb didn't have anywhere near the talent around him on either side of the ball that Sanchez has had his first three years.[/QUOTE]

Westbrook???

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    So we have a QB with a Donovan McNabb-type ceiling? Awesome, can't wait

[IMG]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_1Be_Te7G4Zs/S0vwfDLproI/AAAAAAAAAZI/PCI7DdpASJA/s400/mcnabb+vomit.jpg[/IMG]

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JetsFan24;4236770]So we have a QB with a Donovan McNabb-type ceiling? Awesome, can't wait

[IMG]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_1Be_Te7G4Zs/S0vwfDLproI/AAAAAAAAAZI/PCI7DdpASJA/s400/mcnabb+vomit.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

Based on what we've seen in recent weeks, we should HOPE that's the case.

I would gladly trade a couple of bouts with vomit for some more completions and big plays. Willie Beamon led the Sharks to a playoff win in just his first season, and even he was a vomiter. :cool:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetsmetsrangers;4236542]To me that only proves the point that Sanchez is actually developing well and improving every year....

Despite an obviously average at best OL this year, all his stats are better than the 2 previous season when the OL was markedly better as was the run game.....[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="5"]HEY[/SIZE]

Stop that right now lil' Mister!!!
    You're making sense and that's not what this board is about :P

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=GreenWave;4236779]Based on what we've seen in recent weeks, we should HOPE that's the case.

I would gladly trade a couple of bouts with vomit for some more completions and big plays. Willie Beamon led the Sharks to a playoff win in just his first season, and even he was a vomiter. :cool:[/QUOTE]

yeah but he was downright steamin'

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JB1089;4236752]I was incredulous at the OP's suggestion that McNabb wasn't a great QB. We're on the same page here.[/QUOTE]

LOL. Sorry, I missinterpreted you there.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jxc;4236743]I guess I see McNabb as QB that frustrated fans for 10 years and then was let go when it become clear he lacked something([B]fitness [/B]some say) to get them over the hurdle.

But I respect his career. He did have some thrilling seasons.[/QUOTE]

lol That was a sad excuse. That man torcures himself in the off seasons. Most people contribute his sports hernia to his off season workouts not his on field play. Even in his 1st year in Washington he worked out with a few " in shape" rooks out in Zona that couldn't keep up with him.

If anything McNabb lacked leadership. I do not believe he ever had any great friends in that locker room and from what I've heard most of his WRs hated him. Not just TO. As far as talent he was amazing.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JFB;4236758]Westbrook???[/QUOTE]

Westbrook was never healthy and his receiving corps was always crap in his prime years.

Stinkston, anyone? TO was the best he had, but he had him for 1 yr before TO went crazy.
    Last edited by SMC; 11-17-2011 at 01:53 PM.