Thread: Why Am I So Certain That This Is What Fate Has Pre-ordained?

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

Why Am I So Certain That This Is What Fate Has Pre-ordained?

... for the Wild Card Round of the playoffs the 12-4 New York Jets ...

(wait for it)

... will have to travel as a Wild Card team to Oakland and play the 10 - 6 Western Division leading Raiders ...

:nunchuks:

l_j_r
    Last edited by lamont_jordan_rules; 11-17-2011 at 08:13 AM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    More likely to be in the Wild Card round than the Divisional Round. Oakland may win the Division, but I don't see them as a 1 or 2 seed which is who the Wild Cards woud play in the Divisional Round if they win.

Assuming we do get in, we could have a path through Oakland, NE & Baltimore or Pitt. Chance to exorcise some demons, but lets worry about getting there first.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Lithfan;4236378]More likely to be in the Wild Card round than the Divisional Round. [/QUOTE]

... yep, actually where i meant to go ... thanks, will edit:cool: ...

l_j_r

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would think Houston or Oakland which I would feel very confident that we could beat either team. We owe Oakland payback and Houston will most likely be lining up Matt Leinart at QB.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=frankiepapa;4236409]I would think Houston or Oakland [/QUOTE]

... def at oakland ...

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5m1A7zoIcc[/url]

l_j_r

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Because you desperately want to believe our season isn't swirling down the drain?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=lamont_jordan_rules;4236376]... for the Wild Card Round of the playoffs the 12-4 New York Jets ... Oakland
    [/QUOTE]

First off you aren't running the table to go 12-4 (lucky if you go 10-6)and the winner from afc west might be 9-7) . With that said its a distinct possibility the scenario you laid out comes to fruition.

There is also likely scenario that you don't make the playoffs either. You should only be worrying about making the playoffs at this point. Who you play when you get there should be the least of your concerns.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Raider9175;4236487]There is also likely scenario that you don't make the playoffs either. You should only be worrying about making the playoffs at this point. Who you play when you get there should be the least of your concerns.[/QUOTE]

Because it matters what fans on a message board worry about?:bangwall:

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Raider9175;4236487]First off you aren't running the table to go 12-4 (lucky if you go 10-6)and the winner from afc west might be 9-7) . With that said its a distinct possibility the scenario you laid out comes to fruition.

There is also likely scenario that you don't make the playoffs either. You should only be worrying about making the playoffs at this point. Who you play when you get there should be the least of your concerns.[/QUOTE]

... i have many concerns ...

... this was simply visiting our trips to oakland, and then revisiting them, and then re-revisiting them :anakin:

l_j_r

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=lamont_jordan_rules;4236376]... for the Wild Card Round of the playoffs the 12-4 New York Jets ...

(wait for it)

... will have to travel as a Wild Card team to Oakland and play the 10 - 6 Western Division leading Raiders ...

:nunchuks:

l_j_r[/QUOTE]

I would salivate over a chance to beat the POS Raiders in the Wild Card Round. F*** them.

As another poster said, we have a chance to avenge every loss we have this year on the way to the SB.

Raiders, then Ravens, then the Pats.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Raider9175;4236487]First off you aren't running the table to go 12-4 (lucky if you go 10-6)and the winner from afc west might be 9-7) . With that said its a distinct possibility the scenario you laid out comes to fruition.

There is also likely scenario that you don't make the playoffs either. You should only be worrying about making the playoffs at this point. Who you play when you get there should be the least of your concerns.[/QUOTE]

What we should not be worried about is facing the Raiders.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    11-5 and we'll play Houston then Pity followed by Baltimore. #5 vs# 6 for the afc championship.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

i'll say this...if the jets and raiders meet in the playoffs, that is when your season ends.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=TurkJetFan;4236700]i'll say this...if the jets and raiders meet in the playoffs, that is when your season ends.[/QUOTE]

IF is a big word. Will address that If both teams ever meet up again. Alot of Jet fans are following your headcoach lead. Making predictions your team can't cover. Go Jets tonight.