Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For all the trouble of playing the Thursday Night Game...

For all the trouble of playing the Thursday Night Game...

I think we have done pretty well as of late:

2008 - Neat NE on the road
    2009 - Beat Buffalo in Toronto
    2010 - Beat Cincy on Thanksgiving
    2011 - ????????

This is just a quick thought off the top of my head and didn't go back any further...not sure if there were Thursday Night games prior...at leat we have that going for us!!

I think this is a real blessing for the Jets this year despite the very short turn around and the problems Denver brings with it. This short turnaround lets the team and fans brush away the last game more quickly and get focused on moving ahead.

[QUOTE=frankiepapa;4236443]I think we have done pretty well as of late:

2008 - Neat NE on the road
    2009 - Beat Buffalo in Toronto
    2010 - Beat Cincy on Thanksgiving
    2011 - ????????

This is just a quick thought off the top of my head and didn't go back any further...not sure if there were Thursday Night games prior...at leat we have that going for us!![/QUOTE]

like that thought....

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Beerfish;4236604]I think this is a real blessing for the Jets this year despite the very short turn around and the problems Denver brings with it. This short turnaround lets the team and fans brush away the last game more quickly and get focused on moving ahead.[/QUOTE]
    On the flipside, I'm sure Denver is also saying they're playing us at the best possible time.

This is just a "win and get outta there" game.

If it's 10-3 I'll take it, happily.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Make no mistake this is a HUGE game for us tonight. It's important we bounce back from Sunday night with a win tonight. It will set the tone for the rest of the season. A loss tonight would NOT be good. If we are to get another loss, I'd rather it come AFTER momentum has been regained. The division title is already a long shot with the loss against the Pats...i don't want to be any more behind.

Denver always plays us tough...and they have momentum(with question marks) going into this game. Alot of people are pointing at Tebows lack of completions....but there is no denying, he brings an "it" factor into the game. And that makes up for alot.

We win this game tonight, and we reclaim our momentum. Going into Denver after such a short turn around and coming out with a win would be huge.

Last Sundays game was huge and would have put us in the lead for the division title. But that game is over. This is the new HUGE game. A must win.

Jets defense will be standing around woth their tounge's hanging out by the 2nd quarter. Last sunday night they looked like Rivis Fat Farm.
    Jets get taught a lesson tonight but will be too stupid to learn it and also loose to the Bill's.

Undrafted Free Agent
    [QUOTE=Rich Caster;4236633]Jets defense will be standing around woth their tounge's hanging out by the 2nd quarter. Last sunday night they looked like Rivis Fat Farm.
    Jets get taught a lesson tonight but will be too stupid to learn it and also loose to the Bill's.[/QUOTE]

Last sunday they didnt adjust to the Pats no huddle offense, and they had two horrible turnovers that led to Pat scores. THAT wont be happening tonight. You can preach all your doom and gloom....but the Jets will win tonight, and they will beat Buffalo next week. These are the two most important games left in the season, and the Jets will come out on top. The loss against the Pats at home is just the motivation they need to turn things around and regain their momentum.

We will see which one of us is right in about 9 hrs. :-P

[QUOTE=greenmeanie;4236644]Last sunday they didnt adjust to the Pats no huddle offense, and they had two horrible turnovers that led to Pat scores. THAT wont be happening tonight. You can preach all your doom and gloom....but the Jets will win tonight, and they will beat Buffalo next week. These are the two most important games left in the season, and the Jets will come out on top. The loss against the Pats at home is just the motivation they need to turn things around and regain their momentum.

We will see which one of us is right in about 9 hrs. :-P[/QUOTE]

I really do hope you are right, but I'm not feeling it. Go Jets!

Undrafted Free Agent
    [QUOTE=Rich Caster;4236653]I really do hope you are right, but I'm not feeling it. Go Jets![/QUOTE]

I can understand that. Sunday's loss took the wind out of my sails too. But just look at the last two years under Rex....this is not the same old Jets. They have great talent, and a great motivator as coach. They went to the AFC championship last year. They WILL make the playoffs this year.

Sunday's game is already a memory to me. I am PSYCHED for tonights game.

I am totally feelin' it.

[QUOTE=Rich Caster;4236633]Jets defense will be standing around woth their tounge's hanging out by the 2nd quarter. Last sunday night they looked like Rivis Fat Farm.
    Jets get taught a lesson tonight but will be too stupid to learn it and also loose to the Bill's.[/QUOTE]

the Jet's will beat the Bill's!

Undrafted Free Agent
    Personally, i am SICK of all this Tebow can walk on water talk. He is headed for a smack down...and i hope the Jets are the ones to do the smacking tonight.

Sanchez gets no respect. He's won 4 playoff games ON THE ROAD. Hello! That is one of the best records in NFL history.

Tebow has a future....but come on. So much of this is media created hype surrounding Tebow. Tonight he gets smacked down by an angry Jets Defense looking for redemption. They will take it out on Tebow.

[QUOTE=Kotch;4236621]This is just a "win and get outta there" game.

If it's 10-3 I'll take it, happily.[/QUOTE]

same...i dont care what the score is at all...i don't care how the game looks.

just win.

[QUOTE=Kotch;4236621]This is just a "win and get outta there" game.

If it's 10-3 I'll take it, happily.[/QUOTE]

All things considered I completely agree but you know the fans and media will be all over this team if they don't win it by a wide margin. Fact is, this is probably a no win situation from a media/fan standpoint. Beat up on the Broncos and no one will be impressed, win by a close margin and people will keep on the "This team just doesn't have it" mentality, lose the game and it turns into "Suck for Luck" So I agree just win and move on.

[QUOTE=drsamuel84;4236721]All things considered I completely agree but you know the fans and media will be all over this team if they don't win it by a wide margin. Fact is, this is probably a no win situation from a media/fan standpoint. Beat up on the Broncos and no one will be impressed, win by a close margin and people will keep on the "This team just doesn't have it" mentality, lose the game and it turns into "Suck for Luck" So I agree just win and move on.[/QUOTE]

There were a number of posts stating this same thing (that this is a no win for the Jets) prior to the Miami game. This is the NFL. There are no style points and it really doesn't matter what the media says. This is not a "no win situation" for us, we need to win....We can win ugly from here on out and all the way through the Superbowl for all I care. Aesthetics went out the window a long time ago for this team.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Personally, as a life long Jets fan, i don't care WHAT the media or anyone else says.

As a fan, a win is a win, and all that matters is getting into the playoffs and making another run for the superbowl.

I have heard all the naysayers twist a win or a lose by this team into their own little pretzel. I don't care.

The Jets under Rex have continuously proven the skeptics wrong. And personally, i care more about what Rex has to say than any sportscaster or would be analyst.

This has been the most exciting time to be a Jets fan in a looooong time, and I for one ain't gonna bail on them this close to the end of the season. Why? Cause they lost to the Pats? Pshaw!

Tonights game is gonna be FUN. And I'm gonna enjoy it. I just don't get the negative talk from so called fans calling tonights game before it even starts, and season before its even over.

Tebow is gonna get sacked like crazy tonight...and when he throws...he is gonna get intercepted ALOT.

Tonight, the media love affair with Tebow as the second coming ENDS.

Thursday night football is not doing it for me. I wish we go back to all Sunday 1:00 games and stay under the radar.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Yeah. Sunday is my day. But i don't mind the occassional Thursday night game. Gonna enjoy tonights game thats for sure. :-)

Its a real blessing we are playing a piece of crap like Tebow and the Broncos. If we had to play anyone else in the AFC West, we would lose. If we lose to this team, we are done.... D O N E !!!!!!!!!!!!!! And since I am a Athesis, kiss my ass Tebow, go to hell!!!!

Undrafted Free Agent
    Lol. I disagree with your comment that we'd lose to any other team in the AFC West...

But i do agree with your Tebow comment. Yes the dude has energized his team, but the media has whipped this story up like he's the second coming. It's just rediculous and overblown. Tebow is headed for a big time NFL smack down...and I think the Jets are gonna be doing the smacking.

Yup. The media's starry eyed love affair with Tebow ends tonight.

Jets D got embarressed Sunday....they are looking for payback...and are gonna take it out on Tebow. Sacks and interceptions galore. Tebow is gonna get crucified tonight.
    Last edited by greenmeanie; 11-17-2011 at 02:55 PM.