Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Can we blame the OL instead of Sanchez? - They're f**king horrible!!

Can we blame the OL instead of Sanchez? - They're f**king horrible!!

The O-Line sucks!!!!!!!!!! there isn't a QB in the NFL that can play while constantly getting assaulted. Look what happens to Cindy when she gets any kind of pressure.

We made Andre Fu**ing Carter look like Reggie White on Sunday!!!

Sanchez plays great when the OL gives him time. And I'm not talking about coffee break Brady time, i'm talking enough time to set up and throw the ball.

It's just a joke that everyone is killing Sanchez. I guess that goes with the job of being a QB in NY but the experts, and some JETS fans, need to take their heads out of their asses.

All Pro
    I agree with the OL playing horrible on Sunday and I don't agree with people calling for Sanchez to get cut, however I do think it is perfectly okay to ask the question: when is this guy gonna put it all together? Personally speaking I am tired of defending the guy when he doesn't show anything to prove me right. I can't use the whole "he only had 16 college starts and he is showing improvement" schtick for the rest of his career. The fact that Sanchez has an imbecile for an OC doesn't help his cause and I can't wait to see what he can do with an OC who can use Mark's strengths instead of trying to fit a circle in a square hole.

[QUOTE=carlito1171;4236498]I agree with the OL playing horrible on Sunday and I don't agree with people calling for Sanchez to get cut, however I do think it is perfectly okay to ask the question: when is this guy gonna put it all together? Personally speaking I am tired of defending the guy when he doesn't show anything to prove me right. I can't use the whole "he only had 16 college starts and he is showing improvement" schtick for the rest of his career. The fact that Sanchez has an imbecile for an OC doesn't help his cause and I can't wait to see what he can do with an OC who can use Mark's strengths instead of trying to fit a circle in a square hole.[/QUOTE]

Sanchez plays great when he has half the time as any other QB... That's the bottom line!! Shotty does make me scratch my head but when the OL does its job, this offense rolls....AMEN!!

Veteran
    [QUOTE=ctjetfan;4236503]Sanchez plays great when he has half the time as any other QB... That's the bottom line!! Shotty does make me scratch my head but when the OL does its job, this offense rolls....AMEN!![/QUOTE]

+1

Jets Insider VIP
    They need to start inserting Conner on passing plays to help with the secondary blocking. LT is not what he used to be in that role and Greene is not good at all at blocking.

[QUOTE=Jordy;4236515]They need to start inserting Conner on passing plays to help with the secondary blocking. LT is not what he used to be in that role and Greene is not good at all at blocking.[/QUOTE]

We really do miss T-Rich!!

This is another classic "chicken and egg" situation. Is the OL at fault for not giving Sanchez enough time, or are at least some of the sacks Sanchez takes due to the fact that he holds on to the ball too long and doesn't feel pressure?"

I think it's no coincidence that it's extremely difficult to get pressure on statues like Brady, Schaub, and both of the Mannings, while mobile guys like Sanchez, Tarvaris Jackson, and even Tebow are constantly taking sacks. The only top tier QB that's been sacked a bunch this year is Rodgers, and why wouldn't he hold on to the ball - the guy is trying to break every single-season record there is.

Sure, some of it is of course line play, but the elite guys are avoiding sacks by reading blitzes, feeling pressure, and getting rid of the ball. When Wayne Hunter does his 'ole' thing, there's nothing any QB could do. But I'm sure Brady or either Manning avoids the two sacks that Mulligan gave up, where he basically created a pocket for the QB but Sanchez rolled into the pressure.

You can argue on both sides, but my personal opinion is that if the QB has 4 seconds to throw, he should not be taking a sack. Sanchez took two with at least that much time.

Jets Insider VIP
    Two of the sacks when the game was still competitive happened because of Sanchez. He didn't step up into the pocket like a good QB does. He admitted that in postgame.

Perhaps he's skittish from the pounding he's taking, but Sanchez has to do a better job in the pocket reading pressure.

All League
    How much of the pass protection issues last week were on Sanchez? Who's fault is it that Mulligan was left isolated against an edge rusher multiple times?

[QUOTE=Jordy;4236515]They need to start inserting Conner on passing plays to help with the secondary blocking. LT is not what he used to be in that role and Greene is not good at all at blocking.[/QUOTE]

To get this would mean using the play action , which ironically is Sanchez's strong point. This is something Schotty will not see. He loves 5 wide with no protection. His favorite formation inside the 10 is 5 wide. If you dont believe me, watch the tape.

I'm getting hotter and hotter as I TYPE!!!!!!!

Veteran
    Come on people, wake up! It's not Mark or the O-Line. Neither is playing terrific but at least 80% of the sacks , maybe more, come when the Jets are in a 4 or 5 wide shotgun. It tells the defense we're passing the ball with zero threat of a run. They pin their ears back and go after Mark. This is Schitty's fault!!!!!!!!!!! All he has to do is keep Mark under center. Make the defense worry about run and pass. Mark's skill set fits a modified West Coast offense. That a$$hole insists on forcing him into a spread unnecessarily. Why spread the field on 2nd 5? We always wind up in 3rd and 12....
    Last edited by RoadFan; 11-17-2011 at 11:14 AM.

No LT to pick up the blitz tonight.....ouch!!

Sux we went from one of the best OLs to mediocre. Vlad busting hurt big time. I think we go OL second pick in 2012.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=HitSomeone41;4236540]No LT to pick up the blitz tonight.....ouch!![/QUOTE]
    Should be more John Conner then.

Jets Insider VIP

I agree.

Rookie
    [QUOTE=RoadFan;4236538]Come on people, wake up! It's not Mark or the O-Line. Neither is playing terrific but at least 80% of the sacks , maybe more, come when the Jets are in a 4 or 5 wide shotgun. It tells the defense we're passing the ball with zero threat of a run. They pin their ears back and go after Mark. This is Schitty's fault!!!!!!!!!!! All he has to do is keep Mark under center. Make the defense worry about run and pass. Mark's skill set fits a modified West Coast offense. That a$$hole insists on forcing him into a spread unnecessarily. Why spread the field on 2nd 5? We always wind up in 3rd and 12....[/QUOTE]

+ 1000 I was so pissed with the Pats game. Greene would run for 4 to 6 yrds then in comes the spread O, empty backfield, QB in shotgun. Not even a threat of a run.
    This OC doesn't have a clue - Pathetic :steamin:

[QUOTE=GreenWave;4236520]This is another classic "chicken and egg" situation. [B]Is the OL at fault for not giving Sanchez enough time, or are at least some of the sacks Sanchez takes due to the fact that he holds on to the ball too long and doesn't feel pressure?[/B]"

I think it's no coincidence that it's extremely difficult to get pressure on statues like Brady, Schaub, and both of the Mannings, while mobile guys like Sanchez, Tarvaris Jackson, and even Tebow are constantly taking sacks. The only top tier QB that's been sacked a bunch this year is Rodgers, and why wouldn't he hold on to the ball - the guy is trying to break every single-season record there is.

Sure, some of it is of course line play, but the elite guys are avoiding sacks by reading blitzes, feeling pressure, and getting rid of the ball. When Wayne Hunter does his 'ole' thing, there's nothing any QB could do. But I'm sure Brady or either Manning avoids the two sacks that Mulligan gave up, where he basically created a pocket for the QB but Sanchez rolled into the pressure.

You can argue on both sides, but my personal opinion is that if the QB has 4 seconds to throw, he should not be taking a sack. Sanchez took two with at least that much time.[/QUOTE]

Green, I have to disagree with you on this. I think Sanchez does feel the pressure. He has an uncanny ability to avoid sacks when it is not a total deluge..The problem is that he doesn't even have time to set up.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=GreenWave;4236520]This is another classic "chicken and egg" situation. Is the OL at fault for not giving Sanchez enough time, or are at least some of the sacks Sanchez takes due to the fact that he holds on to the ball too long and doesn't feel pressure?"

[/QUOTE]

SSSSSHHHHHHH.....remember, there is Pennington-style loyalty here for the Sanchize. He makes no errors. Don't ruin it for some.

[QUOTE=RoadFan;4236538]Come on people, wake up! It's not Mark or the O-Line. Neither is playing terrific but at least 80% of the sacks , maybe more, come when the Jets are in a 4 or 5 wide shotgun. It tells the defense we're passing the ball with zero threat of a run. They pin their ears back and go after Mark. This is Schitty's fault!!!!!!!!!!! All he has to do is keep Mark under center. Make the defense worry about run and pass. Mark's skill set fits a modified West Coast offense. That a$$hole insists on forcing him into a spread unnecessarily. Why spread the field on 2nd 5? We always wind up in 3rd and 12....[/QUOTE]

+1 Pound for pound we have one of the most if the the most talented OL in the league. It is hard to defend when everyone knows what you are doing 98% of the time. Same goes with Sanchez. He has looked OK but it is hard to put up good #s when every time a passing play is being called the D knows it. How do you expect pass action to ever work with this team given our play calling? Until they fire Shotty and prove it is not him you really can't blame anyone else IMO.

All Pro
    There is no question the offensive line has struggled this year.

Wayne Hunter is one thing, but Brick was awful on Sunday night too.

Sanchez does need to do a better job of feeling the pressure though. He's mobile and good at avoiding sacks when he sees it coming, but he's often oblivious.