Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Republican candidates believe war is option to prevent Iran from creating nuclear wea

[QUOTE=bitonti;4237098]can someone explain to me why Israel can be trusted with the bomb but Iran can't?[/QUOTE]

Sure:

1) Israel hasn't recently threatened to wipe anyone off the map

2) Israel hasn't supplied arms, money and support to terrorists

3) Israel isn't run by a religious fanatic

4) Israel has had the bomb for decades and not misused it.

Any questions?

[QUOTE=bitonti;4237098]can someone explain to me why Israel can be trusted with the bomb but Iran can't?[/QUOTE]

wow. this is telling.

[QUOTE=bitonti;4237193]i
    . WWII wasn't about saving Jews any more than the Civil war was about freeing the slaves. In the end it's all about self interest. We have self interest and so does Iran.
    [/QUOTE]

Another wow here. The Civil war was absolutely about slavery. The union was splitting specifically because of the slavery issue. People that make the statement you just did simply have no understanding of history or the political climate of the era.

Are you for real? Have you ever listened to the rhetoric coming from the Iranian president or their ayatollahs?
    Their stated purpose is twofold: to destroy Israel and to make Islam the sole religion in the world.
    Plus they finance and support terrorism throught the Middle East.
    They are nut jobs. Korea is also but they answer to China to some extent.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=palmetto defender;4241428]Are you for real? Have you ever listened to the rhetoric coming from the Iranian president or their ayatollahs?
    Their stated purpose is twofold: to destroy Israel and to make Islam the sole religion in the world.
    Plus they finance and support terrorism throught the Middle East.
    They are nut jobs. Korea is also but they answer to China to some extent.[/QUOTE]

To be fair, if Islam was the only religion in the world, the Jets wouldn't have lost to Tim Tebow last night.

so what you guys want to pre-emptively invade another country

and fight another guerilla war on their soil? Another away game for the Armed forces?

The United States is tired of this neo-con tactic. We don't have the money for it and It's not even smart militarily to fight wars with 4000 mile supply lines.

[QUOTE=palmetto defender;4241428] Have you ever listened to the rhetoric coming from the Iranian president or their ayatollahs?
    [/QUOTE]

rhetoric is cheap. People say alot of crap that doesn't mean they are suicidal. I'd rather take the chance that Israel gets nuked than wage another unwinnable war in that region of the world.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [QUOTE=bitonti;4241708][B][SIZE="7"]I'd rather take the chance that Israel of the U.S. gets nuked.[/SIZE][/B] [/QUOTE]

Obviously.

[QUOTE=chiefst2000;4241395]wow. this is telling.[/QUOTE]

people are people. When a person goes to buy a gun do they ask if they are good or evil? No there are laws to handle a gun and if you violate those laws society reacts appropriately. There are also laws to handle nukes if Iran gets a nuke and violates international law there will be an appropriate reaction.

let me remind you that until they get ICBMs they aren't really a threat tot he continental USA. they might have a nuke but they don't have a delivery system that can reach us. If the country of Israel wants to join the USA put an extra star on the flag and let them start paying taxes. Then we can worry about Iran. Otherwise we have bigger problems than what happens in that middle eastern sandbox s--thole.

[QUOTE=Warfish;4241715]Obviously.[/QUOTE]

I say again If Israel wants to join the United states of America and become part of our union then it is an issue. Otherwise it's just a foreign policy issue with an ally 4000 miles away.

[QUOTE=bitonti;4241708]rhetoric is cheap. People say alot of crap that doesn't mean they are suicidal. I'd rather take the chance that Israel gets nuked than wage another unwinnable war in that region of the world.[/QUOTE]

Sort of nice attitude toward one of our better allies - Israel.
    No need for ground forces in taking out the nukes. A sustained cruise missile assault in the Indian Ocean from subs or on B52s from Diego Garcia.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [QUOTE=bitonti;4241716]people are people.[/QUOTE]

Don't question it folks, Hitler, Stalin, Roosevelt, Obama, they are all the same.

Just people being people, none better than the others, none more dangerous than the others. No one would ever do anything self-destructive.

So sayeth the Bitonti, so it must be true.

[QUOTE=bitonti;4241717]I say again If Israel wants to join the United states of America and become part of our union then it is an issue. Otherwise it's just a foreign policy issue with an ally 4000 miles away.[/QUOTE]

Which might be true, if the U.S. was not the #1 most likely target for Iranian or Iranian backed terror groups, right?

But as you've said, you don't care if we're nuked first and if the wordl is destroyed in a Nuclear War, because you trust the Iranians and their leadership just as much as you trust Obama. They're all just people being people, none are good, none are evil, they'll are just people. And every person has a right to have a nuke in Bitworld.
    Last edited by Warfish; 11-18-2011 at 11:08 AM.

[QUOTE=palmetto defender;4241734]
    No need for ground forces in taking out the nukes. A sustained cruise missile assault in the Indian Ocean from subs or on B52s from Diego Garcia.[/QUOTE]

you know that the nukes are under mountains right? Cruise missles won't do it. it would have to be that new bunker buster bomb... maybe.

either way it's not our problem. Israel is not part of the USA. you guys ***** and moan about a post office being 5 billion in the hole and then you want to start a war 4000 miles away? Get a grip we don't have the money for any of this misadventures. if Israel wants the USA to go to war they can hire us to do it. Let them pay for it.

[QUOTE=Warfish;4241740]
    Which might be true, if the U.S. was not the #1 most likely target for Iranian or Iranian backed terror groups, right?
    [/QUOTE]

the irony of this discussion is that the USA is the only country to ever use a nuclear weapon... twice. We are good and they are evil. Yeah right.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [QUOTE=bitonti;4241749]the irony of this discussion is that the USA is the only country to ever use a nuclear weapon... twice. We are good and they are evil. Yeah right.[/QUOTE]

Yes, we used a nuke, against a country who attacked us in an unprovoked war, in order to end the war instantly and without further loss of american life. What a shame. We should all cry sparkly tears of sadness, like you do, about it. If we cry enough sparkly tears of sorrow, maybe all the really good folks on Earth (like Iran, and AQ) will forgive us our many sins, and we can all live in peace and equallity (of outcomes) together in a grand union of workers!

Then all people could just be people, no one would care about money or war anymore, and Capt. Picard would never ever ever have need to facepalm again.

Naive and self-hating doesn't even begin to cover your policy ideas Bit. I'm not convinced you wouldn't LIKE to see the U.S. attacked by anuke, and taken down a serious notch or broken apart, just as long as it doen't effect you personally. Is there any part of the U.S. you actually think IS good?

Of course not, I forgot, you don't think people are good or bad, just people. People like Hitler, peoeple like Obama, just people being people, all perfectly the same in Bitworld.
    Last edited by Warfish; 11-18-2011 at 11:29 AM.

[QUOTE=Warfish;4241809]
    Naive and self-hating doesn't even begin to cover your policy ideas Bit. [/QUOTE]

i didn't say we were evil or good. I said people are people. I think that's more than fair considering history. I didn't make up the history, it happened. this idea that We can be trusted but no one else can, it's got no evidence to back it up.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [QUOTE=bitonti;4241828]i didn't say we were evil or good. I said people are people. I think that's more than fair considering history. I didn't make up the history, it happened. this idea that We can be trusted but no one else can, it's got no evidence to back it up.[/QUOTE]

There is a concept you seem to lack utterly (when discussing policy), and it's called "Self-interest".

Odd, given how deeply you embrace self-interest in your own life, not engaging in any of the policies you claim to support due almost exclsuively to personal self-interest.

But on the National scale, it seems you just don't think self-interest should exist. Citizenship, valueless (to you). Borders, pointless (to you). Laws, meaningless (for you). Defense, foolishness (we have no right!)

Iran's "right" to posess nukes is irrelevant. We (as a nation) should do what's in OUR self-interest.

You, on the other hand, want to live in a make-beleive world where there is nos uch thing as "suicidal", i.e. aggressive National or Organizational Leaders (other than Bush, of course), and where no one would ever dare attack us (right?), and where almost every problem that exists is in some form our fault.

So I'll ask again, what DO you like about the U.S. Bit? Cause I'm not seeing much in your posts. You hate 50% of your fellwo citizens, you like illegals more than Americans, you like Iran more than Bush (or any (R)), and you pine daily for the policies of Joseph Stalin, one of the biggest mass murderers in history, who you describe as "not good, not evil, just people being people".

Whats wrong with you? It's got to be a troll. It simply has to be.

[QUOTE=Warfish;4241985]There is a concept you seem to lack utterly (when discussing policy), and it's called "Self-interest".

Odd, given how deeply you embrace self-interest in your own life, not engaging in any of the policies you claim to support due almost exclsuively to personal self-interest.

But on the National scale, it seems you just don't think self-interest should exist. Citizenship, valueless (to you). Borders, pointless (to you). Laws, meaningless (for you). Defense, foolishness (we have no right!)

Iran's "right" to posess nukes is irrelevant. We (as a nation) should do what's in OUR self-interest.
    .[/QUOTE]

I absolutely agree about self-interest. So let me ask you why is it in the USA's self interest to go to war to stop Iran from possessing nukes... that they can't deliver against the USA? Serious question. What is the military risk to the USA of Iran having short range nukes?

do you think they are going to scrape every sliver of uranium up for 20 years to make a weapon and then just give it away to a terrorist for a suicide mission? follow up question when's the last time we were attacked by an Iranian based terror organization? what is the threat of Iranian terrorists to the USA?

[QUOTE=bitonti;4241746]you know that the nukes are under mountains right? Cruise missles won't do it. it would have to be that new bunker buster bomb... maybe.

either way it's not our problem. Israel is not part of the USA. you guys ***** and moan about a post office being 5 billion in the hole and then you want to start a war 4000 miles away? Get a grip we don't have the money for any of this misadventures. if Israel wants the USA to go to war they can hire us to do it. Let them pay for it.[/QUOTE]

You are aware that cruise missiles do come with varying amount of high explosives.
    Or a ballistic misssile from a sub would work nicely as well. We have nice weapons to cover every scenario.
    Mountain entrances can be sealed BTW.

[QUOTE=palmetto defender;4242005]You are aware that cruise missiles do come with varying amount of high explosives.
    Or a ballistic misssile from a sub would work nicely as well. We have nice weapons to cover every scenario.
    Mountain entrances can be sealed BTW.[/QUOTE]

neither of those would work. the MOP would work.

[url]http://nation.foxnews.com/bombs/2011/11/17/us-unveils-15-ton-bunker-buster-bomb[/url]

[url]http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1111/68129.html[/url]

isn't it cheaper (and smarter) to sell the bomb to the UAE or Israel and let them drop it?

it's really not our problem