Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Republican candidates believe war is option to prevent Iran from creating nuclear wea

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;4256671]All I want is consitency of argument.

What bugs me is if Obama orders U.S. action in or against Iran, in any form, I know the same posters talking against the idea now, will rise to support it fully, with long lists of reasons why Obama is doing the "right thing".

They'll be reams of posts as to why Iran is different from "insert (R) orders Wars here", and how Obama is doing th eonly moral thing, or how deeply in U.S. interests it really is if you look at it from this angle, or how Oil isn't a factor at all, etc, etc, etc.

There is almost no consistency here.[/QUOTE]

Of course it will be in retribution for the 1979 hostage crisis.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Trades;4256723]Of course it will be in retribution for the 1979 hostage crisis.[/QUOTE]

Kermit Roosevelt Strikes Back?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;4256671]All I want is consitency of argument.

What bugs me is if Obama orders U.S. action in or against Iran, [b]in any form[/b], [/QUOTE]

you want consistency, here it is: i will support the President when he uses drones and airstrikes, I don't like it when he commits 100,000+ troops to a theater 4000 miles away.
    if he can wage a Libya like war in Iran, go for it. He can't by the way cause the demonstrators aren't calling for a new President they are trashing the British embassy. If a people wants to be free and democratic, and we can help them without endangering US lives, go for it.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti;4256550]republicans are out of touch with the American people. polls say the public is overwhelmingly against more pre-emptive war.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=bitonti;4256749]you want consistency, here it is: i will support the President when he uses drones and airstrikes, I don't like it when he commits 100,000+ troops to a theater 4000 miles away. If he can wage a Libya like war in Iran, go for it.[/quote]

Bit, if I'm looking for consistency, it won't be on this forum.

Within the space of three posts, you decry preemptive war, and then immediately proclaim that you support premeptive war as long as we kill people from the air only, and it's a (D) who orders it, because you support whatever a (D) says in a good reason to do things.

If thats what you see as consistent, so be it.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;4256766]
    Within the space of three posts, you decry preemptive war, and then immediately proclaim that you support premeptive war [/QUOTE]

1st off libya wasn't pre-empting anything it was settling old scores

also all war is not equal. I support war that's winnable, period. I don't support war that's unwinnable. You all might want to invade Iran and make them worship the deity of your choosing but it's not a good theater, it's not close, and theres no local rebels to back. war isn't about doing what's moral it's about doing what's best for the USA. I support smart war. Not dumb unwinnable traditional war.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    The war in Lybia was to settle a score. Which score? It was all about getting
    Mr. Q out of power and look who is about to take power? Just like Egypt the Muslim Brotherhood nice guys from the neighborhood!