Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Huge game tonight and everything still within reach

Huge game tonight and everything still within reach

Now that we've got the Sanchez sucks out of our system, and the let's blame Rex out of our system, let's all think about this calmly for a minute.

Tonight is a huge game. With a win the DIVISION is still within reach. I know how things look on paper, but a LOT happens every week in the NFL. Things change on a dime. The Jets win tonight and all is still very much in play.

Jets need to win tonight. Frankly, I don't care if it's ugly, or a complete smoking. Just win the game and get out of there.

I'm not saying anything revolutionary but the division still must be the goal. I refuse to say the division\ is lost being 1 game out with 7 to play regardless of tiebreakers.

And feel free to call me crazy, but I have my upset special of the week being KC over NE.

KC has gotten embarassed the last few weeks, and just lost their QB.

KC is going to play balls to the wall and oh btw McCourty is out.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

... barring the unforeseen miracle the division is not in reach anymore ...

... the 2 game swing in losing sunday made it highly unlikely that we would sweep and the pats would drop 2 games ...

... we certainly can get on a roll, go into the post-season again as a wildcard, and make some big noise once we're there:yes: ...

l_j_r

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I'm with you on everything but noway the Pats lose to KC, especially w/o Cassel. Noway! It might be a close game but the Pats will pull it out.

I blame Schotty!

[QUOTE=lamont_jordan_rules;4237178]... barring the unforeseen miracle the division is not in reach anymore ...

... the 2 game swing in losing sunday made it highly unlikely that we would sweep and the pats would drop 2 games ...

... we certainly can get on a roll, go into the post-season again as a wildcard, and make some big noise once we're there:yes: ...

l_j_r[/QUOTE]

i know its going to be real tough to win the division, but being 1 game out and with the pats defense still a horrid mess, it is far from a miracle.

[QUOTE=LockeJET;4237180]I'm with you on everything but noway the Pats lose to KC, especially w/o Cassel. Noway! It might be a close game but the Pats will pull it out.[/QUOTE]

Not sure about that. NE defense is horrid and took another hit to the secondary. This has a Chiefs statement game written all over it especially with their division up for grabs. Realize Cassel is out but still not willing to count them out.

Would it be a shocker if NE won? Of course not. But I like the Chiefs against thsi team. I think they have more of a chance then youre giving them credit for.

Count me on board. Until the Jets are mathematically eliminated, every game represents a potential turning point and the start of a run.

I'm down on our QB and coaches right now, but I'm ready to re-buy as soon as they give me a reason.

i think we finish the season 6-1.

however, i don't know if that'll be enough to win the division, as the Pasts* have a REALLY soft schedule going forward.

either way, it ain't over 'til it's over :yes:

Tyler Palko time against the Pats.

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    [QUOTE=LockeJET;4237180]I'm with you on everything but noway the Pats lose to KC, especially w/o Cassel. Noway! It might be a close game but the Pats will pull it out.[/QUOTE]

This could be another of your with/without lube bets.

(take the pats without)

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=TurkJetFan;4237173]Now that we've got the Sanchez sucks out of our system, and the let's blame Rex out of our system, let's all think about this calmly for a minute.
    [/QUOTE]

the pass protection sucks

the pass rush sucks

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Timmy®;4237250]the pass protection sucks

t[B]he pass rush sucks[/B][/QUOTE]

Fear the Maybin?:confused:

[QUOTE=Dirtstar;4237238]i think we finish the season 6-1.

however, i don't know if that'll be enough to win the division, as the Pasts* have a REALLY soft schedule going forward.

either way, it ain't over 'til it's over :yes:[/QUOTE]

absolutely they do....but i have a strange feeling the pats flutter down the stretch.

bottom line, jets need to take care of business and beat Denver and let the chips fall where they may.

[QUOTE=escamoter2;4237241]Tyler Palko time against the Pats.[/QUOTE]

Wasnt he the QB in the movie The Replacements?

btw im really tired of all the media tebow rim jobs.

i really hope we crush him tonight and shut everyone up already.

All Pro
    Whatever happened to that picture of him with his GF with the gigansome breastesses :huh:

[QUOTE=sdJETSetter;4237285]Whatever happened to that picture of him with his GF with the gigansome breastesses :huh:[/QUOTE]

here's the pic, minus Teblow:

[IMG]http://i49.tinypic.com/2qlfhxk.jpg[/IMG]

mmmmmm, breastesses :homer:

[QUOTE=TurkJetFan;4237199]i know its going to be real tough to win the division, but being 1 game out and with the pats defense still a horrid mess, it is far from a miracle.

Not sure about that. NE defense is horrid and took another hit to the secondary. This has a Chiefs statement game written all over it especially with their division up for grabs. Realize Cassel is out but still not willing to count them out. .

Would it be a shocker if NE won? Of course not. But I like the Chiefs against thsi team. I think they have more of a chance then youre giving them credit for.[/QUOTE]

You do realize the "horrid" Pats defense has allowed as many points as the Jets has this year? Both teams have given up 200 points or 22.2 PPG. Yes, both teams have given points up on offense and/or special teams, but I think those even out.

BTW, the Chiefs have given up more than either of those teams. The Chiefs have given up 218 points or 24.2 PPG. And the Pats are third in scoring at 28.8 PPG and have score 30 points on offense twice against the Jets.

The Chiefs could pull an upset, but it is highly unlikely. The Chiefs' offense isn't good, their defense is giving up a lot of points, and the Pats defense is improving.

I mean if the Pats' defense is horrid, what does that say about the Jets' offense that scored 21 in the first game (and one of the TD drives was a 20 yard drive) and 16 points the second game.

The odds aren't good of the Jets winning the division because the Pats need to lose two more games than the Jets going forward and the Jets have a slightly harder schedule (still have to play the Giants), but I agree it is too early to award the division to the Patriots with seven games left.
    Last edited by Rob0729; 11-17-2011 at 07:03 PM.

[QUOTE=GMCJETS;4237268]Wasnt he the QB in the movie The Replacements?[/QUOTE]

No. That was Falko. LOL Gene Hackman was a hell of a coach.

Forget the Pats and the division.. that ship has sailed. The teams to consider now from a Jets perspective are the other AFC wild-card contenders - the Bengals, Bills and Titans in particular and any of the AFC West teams that might go on a run.

Beat the Broncos tonight and you most likely knock them out as one team that could over-take the Jets. Then hopefully sit back on Sunday and watch the AFC teams lose on the road (Bengals, Titans, Bills, Chargers, Raiders) and it can be a profitable game-week for the Jets, regardless of the result of the Pats and Chiefs.

[QUOTE=Rob0729;4237289]You do realize the "horrid" Pats defense has allowed as many points as the Jets has this year? Both teams have given up 200 points or 22.2 PPG. Yes, both teams have given points up on offense and/or special teams, but I think those even out.

BTW, the Chiefs have given up more than either of those teams. The Chiefs have given up 218 points or 24.2 PPG. And the Pats are third in scoring at 28.8 PPG and have score 30 points on offense twice against the Jets.

The Chiefs could pull an upset, but it is highly unlikely. The Chiefs' offense isn't good, their defense is giving up a lot of points, and the Pats defense is improving.

I mean if the Pats' defense is horrid, what does that say about the Jets' offense that scored 21 in the first game (and one of the TD drives was a 20 yard drive) and 16 points the second game.

The odds aren't good of the Jets winning the division because the Pats need to lose two more games than the Jets going forward and the Jets have a slightly harder schedule (still have to play the Giants), but I agree it is too early to award the division to the Patriots with seven games left.[/QUOTE]

you can throw whatever you want at me to say the pats defense isn't horrid...but we all know they are....and don't tell me that your claim to fame is holding the jets offense down...an offense who has stumbled around all year...give me a break.

i never said the odds were good, but what i'm saying is I do believe the Pats stumble a bit down the stretch. and I believe there is a chance that starts Monday. On paper obviously NE is a better team, but this is the NFL. The Jets are a better team on paper then the Pats and we saw what happened on Sunday night.

But since you are so sure, feel free to tune out until the postseason and save yourself some time, chowd. :D