Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I......have become..comfortably numb.

[QUOTE=nyahay bus;4243073]Where do you stand on Several Furry Animals Gathered Together in a Cave and Grooving with a Pict?[/QUOTE]

I stand firmly in the camp that that song sucked even after 5 bong hits.

edit: however several species does get props for one of the greatest song titles ever. That's pretty much it.

[QUOTE=OrangeJet;4243077]I stand firmly in the camp that that song sucked even after 5 bong hits.

edit: however several species does get props for one of the greatest song titles ever. That's pretty much it.[/QUOTE]

perhaps the error is yours, calling it a *song*. :rolleyes:

[QUOTE=nyahay bus;4243089]perhaps the error is yours, calling it a *song*. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

What am I supposed to call it, other than a colossal failure?

[QUOTE=OrangeJet;4243099]What am I supposed to call it, other than a colossal failure?[/QUOTE]

dunno. how 'bout an aural mosaic. :D

Hate to risk The Fist's vengeance. I will just say that I love Floyd, and few bands will ever match the run from Dark Side through Momentary (yes, momentary belongs amongst the greatest of Floyd albums). I thoroughly enjoyed it for years, and still do from time to time....but there is soooo much quality music being produced right now, that I don't have the time to revisit on a regular basis.

Bewildered Beast
    [QUOTE=southside;4241581]

Try being numb to that mofos.[/QUOTE]

LMAO

You're just evil; there's nothing else wrong with you.

[QUOTE=OrangeJet;4243109]Hate to risk The Fist's vengeance. I will just say that I love Floyd, and few bands will ever match the run from Dark Side through Momentary (yes, momentary belongs amongst the greatest of Floyd albums). I thoroughly enjoyed it for years, and still do from time to time....but there is soooo much quality music being produced right now, that I don't have the time to revisit on a regular basis.[/QUOTE]

No vengeance old buddy. :D I've been honest wit you that I don't get your love for most modern-Prog a ala Spocks Beard and Dream Theatre types, most of whom I find unlistenable and far too "Rush/Yes" and far far too little "Floyd".

Probably one reason I disagree with how much "good new music" there is today. I find Prog today a barren landscape of same-sounding Metalic-Yes clones pounding out the same overwrought "operatic" lyrics to the same metal-esque riffs with (almost universally) the same really bad lead singers and the same overcomplicated, not-epic-or-melodic, soloing for wankers. /shrug. It has no soul, and it doesn't touch mine.

"Pict" is an art peice, and a dated one. Nothing more. Good for a little giggle, same as the Beatles "Number 9", and appreciation for the ideas of making music into something more, broader, but thats about it.

Sometimes we have to remember that without crap like this, music would not have evoleved as broadly as it has. Just listen to techno, and you'll hear many Beatles/Floyd infuences in the "Sound Collage" of modern electronic music. Not the main influence, of course, but an influence.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pigfzwqz6_Q&feature=related[/url]