Thread: Presidents Cup

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Presidents Cup

3rd day of matches about to kick off. USA leads 7 - 5. The course they are playing on is in the top 5 best in the world - the greens are the quickest on the globe, probably even worse than the notorious Oakmont. It's a sick test of golfing skill especially when the wind kicks up a bit. Today will be a bit calmer than yesterday but the single matches on Sunday should feature some high-wind scenarios and should be quite a fun watch.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    The greens are absolutely ridiculous. I didn't see the morning matches today but going in Tiger was the only America who hasn't won a hole :eek:

Should be a good tournament going into the weekend. Couples and Norman, two of my all time favorite golfers. Of course I want the USA to win, but it's hard to root against Norman.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Woods' is back in a big way. His putting today was just superb. Jim Furyk the player of the event. Americans deserved their victory - some bad planning on the Internationals behalf, though Greg Norman is a great captain. Hopefully we can win this thing next time around and build a rivalry akin to that of the Ryder Cup.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Black Death;4243910]Woods' is back in a big way. His putting today was just superb. Jim Furyk the player of the event. Americans deserved their victory - some bad planning on the Internationals behalf, though Greg Norman is a great captain. Hopefully we can win this thing next time around and build a rivalry akin to that of the Ryder Cup.[/QUOTE]

I don''t understand why I don't care about this one. Ryder Cup may be my favorite sporting event.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Probably because there is no rivalry - the Ryder Cup has rivalry because both teams have a chance at winning. Can't say that about the Presidents' Cup.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Black Death;4244226]Probably because there is no rivalry - the Ryder Cup has rivalry because both teams have a chance at winning. Can't say that about the Presidents' Cup.[/QUOTE]

The International team's only won once and that was 13 years ago. Too one sided to be a real rivalry.