Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Rex vs Belichick

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=CleatMarks;4248174]Not stirring the pot here. I'm just curious. What's a 101st Ranger? Is that a 101st soldier that's tabbed or does it mean something else like a LRRP unit during Viet Nam? The Rangers aren't part of the 101st if we're talking Ranger bats. I'm not questioning anyone, I'm just curious if NS is a Nam era Ranger.[/QUOTE]

In the day, every division in Vietnam had a company of Rangers. The 101st Airborne (in which I was an officer) had Company L, 75th Rangers.
    NS was a 101st Ranger. I worked with the Rangers from time to time but not the same time as NS.
    At that time Rangers had a variety of roles including recon and deep insertion patrols.

Add on: The 101st initially went to Vietnam as just the 101st Airborne Division. However, because of competition with the 1st Air Cavalry, the powers that be changed the name to 101st Air Cavarly. It then reverted to 101st Airborne Division (Airmobile). It currently is 101st Airborne Division (Air Assault). Too much with silly semantic games IMO.
    Last edited by palmetto defender; 11-23-2011 at 12:27 PM. Reason: Suffixes

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=palmetto defender;4248304]You don't take kind? Learn that grammar at Stanford, did you?
    Stand in front of me? And you'd do exactly what? You would be on your back in three seconds.
    And what I don't like are people who degrade elements of a game I love and was involved with for a while at a few different levels. The word is respect. Your lack of it demonstrates you have a shortcoming. Opinions are one thing, but being boorish is another.
    As far as your right to express yourself - you do have that. And I have the right to call you on it.[/QUOTE]

Once again....:applause::applause::applause:

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=palmetto defender;4248304]You don't take kind? Learn that grammar at Stanford, did you?
    Stand in front of me? And you'd do exactly what? You would be on your back in three seconds.
    And what I don't like are people who degrade elements of a game I love and was involved with for a while at a few different levels. The word is respect. Your lack of it demonstrates you have a shortcoming. Opinions are one thing, but being boorish is another.
    As far as your right to express yourself - you do have that. And I have the right to call you on it.[/QUOTE]

Once again, inferior complex?? Did you apply to Stanford law (top 5 law school in case you didn't know) and get rejected? Let me guess, you had to settle for the University of SC? We all know the brilliant legal minds that school produces. :rolleyes:

as for respect, here's my respect for you....GFY. I wasn't talking about you nor do I care WTF you think about "the game you love' and have been involved with for a while. Go back to coaching pee wee football in SC.

As for Tammy and Belicheat, both are a-holes and cheaters as far as I am concerned. I hope that doesn't get the hair on your back tied up in knots. But if you don't like it, I don't fcuking care. As I said, GFY....

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=GronkWelkhead;4248403]Once again....:applause::applause::applause:[/QUOTE]

Troll,

As I said on numerous occassions, GFY....

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Savage69;4245377]I wonder why Pepper Johnson was on the 97-98 Jets then?? Also from that Browns team was Vinny, Rick Lyle,Anthony Pleasant and Ernie Logan remember them? [B]My point was Rex has been a HC for less then 3 seasons so I think it's unfair to compare him to a HC with 17 years experience[/B]..[/QUOTE]

To compare to a HC for 17 years would be an unfair comparison, but we can draw conclusions based on what we see so far.

Rex drops the ball when it comes to the so called minor things. Tackling, playing penalty free football, holding on to the football, not shooting yourself in the foot, those are all things that Rex is responsible for. That goes with the job description just as much as winning does.

It's even worse when you look at it from the standpoint that the Jets have BETTER talent on their roster. It should come as no big deal for the players to do the smaller things the right way. Yet, they consistently fail in those tasks.

BB, on the other hand, no matter good a player may be, no matter where their spot is on the roster, will always play good, consistent, penalty and mistake free football. That is the difference between Rex and BB. That is why BB is the better HC and will always be until Rex learns how to overcome these problems.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=palmetto defender;4248321]In the day, every division in Vietnam had a company of Rangers. The 101st Airborne (in which I was an officer) had Company L, 75th Rangers.
    NS was a 101st Ranger. I worked with the Rangers from time to time but not the same time as NS.
    At that time Rangers had a variety of roles including recon and deep insertion patrols.

Add on: The 101st initially went to Vietnam as just the 101st Airborne Division. However, because of competition with the 1st Air Cavalry, the powers that be changed the name to 101st Air Cavarly. It then reverted to 101st Airborne Division (Airmobile). It currently is 101st Airborne Division (Air Assault). Too much with silly semantic games IMO.[/QUOTE]

Yes, knew all of that. That's the exact reason why I was asking if he was Nam era. The initial post was a little jumbled.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=GronkWelkhead;4248403]Once again....:applause::applause::applause:[/QUOTE]

hey gronk,

has anyone told you GFY today?

if not, GFY.

-TJF

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Well handled, Palmetto...

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=TurkJetFan;4248678]hey gronk,

has anyone told you GFY today?

if not, GFY.

-TJF[/QUOTE]

Actually yes.

Hope your turkey is dry and crumbly, your gravy thick and gooey, and the green beans mushy and burnt.:D

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetssjumets;4248598]Once again, inferior complex?? Did you apply to Stanford law (top 5 law school in case you didn't know) and get rejected? Let me guess, you had to settle for the University of SC? We all know the brilliant legal minds that school produces. :rolleyes:

as for respect, here's my respect for you....GFY. I wasn't talking about you nor do I care WTF you think about "the game you love' and have been involved with for a while. Go back to coaching pee wee football in SC.

As for Tammy and Belicheat, both are a-holes and cheaters as far as I am concerned. I hope that doesn't get the hair on your back tied up in knots. But if you don't like it, I don't fcuking care. As I said, GFY....[/QUOTE]

Inferiority? LMAO. A few people on JI thinki somewhat the opposite - arrogant SOB. Maybe they are a little correct.
    Never lived in SC until 6 years ago when I retired here in Charleston - good climate, nice boating, style.
    I never formally applied to college. I had a few offers to play football which I did for a D1 (before they had classifications) and started for 3 years - all conference for the last one. I respect football and those involved with it. Did apply to a grad school and was accepted. Also worked with some pretty good corporations - Dow 30s.
    BTW, I may have misunderstood but I thought you indicated you got your MBA at Stanford om a previous thread. I's always good to get your story straight - especially for a lawyer. Wht don't you have Stanford in your JI name - a lot more prestigious than St. John's.
    All anyone really needs to know about you, however, is your constant use of GFY. That really shows lawyerly style and excellent verbal skill.
    Continued good luck at the public defender's office.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=CleatMarks;4248674]Yes, knew all of that. That's the exact reason why I was asking if he was Nam era. The initial post was a little jumbled.[/QUOTE]

Sorry about the jumble. It was meant as more of a peace offering to savage as a fellow vet. There are a few Vietnam guys on here.
    Can't follow the realignments of the Army. Many units dissolved, composition changed.
    Lots of fancy new names. Too many guys with stars trying to come up with a new idea.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=palmetto defender;4249330]Inferiority? LMAO. A few people on JI thinki somewhat the opposite - arrogant SOB. Maybe they are a little correct.
    Never lived in SC until 6 years ago when I retired here in Charleston - good climate, nice boating, style.
    I never formally applied to college. I had a few offers to play football which I did for a D1 (before they had classifications) and started for 3 years - all conference for the last one. I respect football and those involved with it. Did apply to a grad school and was accepted. Also worked with some pretty good corporations - Dow 30s.
    BTW, I may have misunderstood but I thought you indicated you got your MBA at Stanford om a previous thread. I's always good to get your story straight - especially for a lawyer. Wht don't you have Stanford in your JI name - a lot more prestigious than St. John's.
    All anyone really needs to know about you, however, is your constant use of GFY. That really shows lawyerly style and excellent verbal skill.
    Continued good luck at the public defender's office.[/QUOTE]

You arrogant?? You words....not to be accused of a personal attack. Since I am far from retirement age, the only thing I would say is SC would not be my retirement home when I could choose south Florida, Phoenix, southern California, etc. That's just based on my many travels to said destinations. Only have been to SC twice in my lifetime; yes, Charleston and did not like it at all.

If you respect the game of football so much as you say, then your defense of Belicheat is a contradication. I cannot recall another coach caught cheating as he was. Yet, you denounce me for my use of "Belicheat" on a fan website of an opposing team. Yup, that makes sense. :rolleyes: Also, my use of the "GFY" is only directed at NE trolls who were quiet for two weeks leading up to the Jets game and now are here trolling and crowing because they won and the Jets are now in a 2 game losing streak. I am very respectful of my fellow Jets fans and do not use that term to others. Sorry but you were the exception based on your unwarranted personal attack.

Finally, I will make many mistakes typos and posts. It happens when you work 65 hours a week and travel as I do. While I work for a large west coast law frim and 1 of more than a 1,000 lawyers, I respect those who work in public service like the public defenders office. Not every is motivated by money but I admit I was. I picked this career move because I have large student loans to repay...still repaying and will not finish for a few more years. Was the first to graduate college in my family and growing up on LI, my parents were not rich by any means. In a perfect world, I would be an entertainment lawyer and sports agent based in LA. Not working thru the grind of a large firm where I sleep in my office (personal life stinks) or I am traveling to other offices for clients. On a plane now heading back from the holidays becasue I have to work today....and I will be in the office at least 10 hours today.....all about the billable hours. And just so you know, I represent some of the world's largest companies -- including Dow 10.

Nevertheless, I am not on this site to have a pissing battle with you or dispaly my legal acumen. Don't need to impress you, or anyone else...not trying either. I am here to discuss Jets footabll. Like it or not. And I will continue to use GFY to NE trolls as long as it is within the rules.

Hope you ahd a good Thansgiving?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetssjumets;4249946]You arrogant?? You words....not to be accused of a personal attack. Since I am far from retirement age, the only thing I would say is SC would not be my retirement home when I could choose south Florida, Phoenix, southern California, etc. That's just based on my many travels to said destinations. Only have been to SC twice in my lifetime; yes, Charleston and did not like it at all.

If you respect the game of football so much as you say, then your defense of Belicheat is a contradication. I cannot recall another coach caught cheating as he was. Yet, you denounce me for my use of "Belicheat" on a fan website of an opposing team. Yup, that makes sense. :rolleyes: Also, my use of the "GFY" is only directed at NE trolls who were quiet for two weeks leading up to the Jets game and now are here trolling and crowing because they won and the Jets are now in a 2 game losing streak. I am very respectful of my fellow Jets fans and do not use that term to others. Sorry but you were the exception based on your unwarranted personal attack.

Finally, I will make many mistakes typos and posts. It happens when you work 65 hours a week and travel as I do. While I work for a large west coast law frim and 1 of more than a 1,000 lawyers, I respect those who work in public service like the public defenders office. Not every is motivated by money but I admit I was. I picked this career move because I have large student loans to repay...still repaying and will not finish for a few more years. Was the first to graduate college in my family and growing up on LI, my parents were not rich by any means. In a perfect world, I would be an entertainment lawyer and sports agent based in LA. Not working thru the grind of a large firm where I sleep in my office (personal life stinks) or I am traveling to other offices for clients. On a plane now heading back from the holidays becasue I have to work today....and I will be in the office at least 10 hours today.....all about the billable hours. And just so you know, I represent some of the world's largest companies -- including Dow 10.

Nevertheless, I am not on this site to have a pissing battle with you or dispaly my legal acumen. Don't need to impress you, or anyone else...not trying either. I am here to discuss Jets footabll. Like it or not. And I will continue to use GFY to NE trolls as long as it is within the rules.

Hope you ahd a good Thansgiving?[/QUOTE]

I can only imagine why you didn't like Charleston. 11 years voted the most polite city in the U.S. Designated the number one tourist destination by Conde Nast. The only city in the U.S. with a AAA bon rating ETC. You rae more interest in the dregs apparently. South Florida? Phoenix?
    You are inconsequntial as a person. Legal acumen? doggin has legal acumen. Not kissing up to him but he offers logical, succinct, moral and ethical solutions/discussions. Apparently Columbia (as we know) is a far superior school to Stanford.
    See you. Fortunately I don't need a rookie lawyer. Mine is an ex Senator.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetssjumets;4249946]

If you respect the game of football so much as you say, then your defense of Belicheat is a contradication. I cannot recall another coach caught cheating as he was. Yet, you denounce me for my use of "Belicheat" on a fan website of an opposing team. Yup, that makes sense. :rolleyes:[/quote]

How can you summarily dismiss the countless NFL analysts, writers and ex player commentators who routinely praise Belichick's coaching skills? BB for all his warts (and he has many) is a lock for the HOF. Are all those folks delusional as well? As an opposing fan I have no problem with you and others ragging on BB for the spygate stuff but a Jet fan is not delusional or any less of a fan if he thinks BB is a great coach.

From what I've read you have an impressive education, the GFY stuff is usually used by the teenagers or pseudo tough guys...I know you don't give a flying F what I think but you sound silly telling people on the internet to go bleep themselves as if it's intimidating. My apologies if the salutation is simply used as a therapy exercise for your anger management issues.

[quote] Also, my use of the "GFY" is only directed at NE trolls who were quiet for two weeks leading up to the Jets game and now are here trolling and crowing because they won and the Jets are now in a 2 game losing streak. I am very respectful of my fellow Jets fans and do not use that term to others. Sorry but you were the exception based on your unwarranted personal attack.[/quote]

The Pats fans are crowing? I dunno if you've noticed but the same Pats fans have been posting for quite sometime including after the Jets playoff whooping last season. You hate Pats fans...we get it but the internet anger about all things BB or about anyone who doesn't march lockstep with your opinions is laughable.

Of course you will use the fact that I root for another football team as a reason/justification to continue ranting like a mouth breather.

[quote]And I will continue to use GFY to NE trolls as long as it is within the rules.[/QUOTE]

To that I say GFY (good for you). :rolleyes:

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    heh, heh, heh,....mouth-breathing "lawyer"....:rolleyes:

All Pro
    Annoying Chowd

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetssjumets;4249946]

If you respect the game of football so much as you say, then your defense of Belicheat is a contradication. I cannot recall another coach caught cheating as he was. [/QUOTE]

Let me help you out....

[IMG]http://musketfire.com/files/2011/10/Jets-Videotaping.jpg[/IMG]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DeanPatsFan;4250228]Let me help you out....

[IMG]http://musketfire.com/files/2011/10/Jets-Videotaping.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

Patriot fans are so defensive about spygate that they have to bring up this picture to act like the Jets were caught cheating there, when in reality it was already reported that the NFL wouldn't look into it because it was within rules. The guy was for NFL films or Jets TV, camera men that are for programs like that wear lime green vests.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=k.Rhodes25;4250254]Patriot fans are so defensive about spygate that they have to bring up this picture to act like the Jets were caught cheating there, when in reality it was already reported that the NFL wouldn't look into it because it was within rules. The guy was for NFL films or Jets TV, camera men that are for programs like that wear lime green vests.[/QUOTE]

Or so the Jets claim. Yup, perfectly innocent. What else they going to say. There are other instances where Jets taped from the sideline, the most notorious during the playoffs in 2006 when Mangini claimed they had "permission". Right. Okay. Sounds like Bill.

[url]http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3151217[/url]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=k.Rhodes25;4250254]Patriot fans are so defensive about spygate that they have to bring up this picture to act like the Jets were caught cheating there, when in reality it was already reported that the NFL wouldn't look into it because it was within rules. The guy was for NFL films or Jets TV, camera men that are for programs like that wear lime green vests.[/QUOTE]

If only Estrella had remembered to wear his lime green vest! The Pats would have drafted Kenny Phillips and the whole Brown/Ihedigbo/Barrett debacle never would have happened. :mad:
    Last edited by AFCEastFan; 11-25-2011 at 06:41 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Its not my problem that you Pats fans don't understand the rules, keep reaching with that picture. Lime green vests indicate that the camera man is authorized personnel.