Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: Rex vs Belichick

What is BB record without Brady?

[QUOTE=palmetto defender;4249335]Sorry about the jumble. It was meant as more of a peace offering to savage as a fellow vet. There are a few Vietnam guys on here.
    Can't follow the realignments of the Army. Many units dissolved, composition changed.
    Lots of fancy new names. Too many guys with stars trying to come up with a new idea.[/QUOTE]

I agree. Several of the units I was with aren't active anymore and some of regiments have been deactived as well. You can sometimes tell what era someone is/was by the units they were associated with due to the constant changes in organization. I haven't kept up with the last 10 years or so but I know things have changed quite a bit with military operations as they should during any conflict. Anyway, welcome home and a heartfelt thanks from another Vet (and to all Vets).

[QUOTE=jetssjumets;4249946]You arrogant?? You words....not to be accused of a personal attack. Since I am far from retirement age, the only thing I would say is SC would not be my retirement home when I could choose south Florida, Phoenix, southern California, etc. That's just based on my many travels to said destinations. Only have been to SC twice in my lifetime; yes, Charleston and did not like it at all.

If you respect the game of football so much as you say, then your defense of Belicheat is a contradication. I cannot recall another coach caught cheating as he was. Yet, you denounce me for my use of "Belicheat" on a fan website of an opposing team. Yup, that makes sense. :rolleyes: Also, my use of the "GFY" is only directed at NE trolls who were quiet for two weeks leading up to the Jets game and now are here trolling and crowing because they won and the Jets are now in a 2 game losing streak. I am very respectful of my fellow Jets fans and do not use that term to others. Sorry but you were the exception based on your unwarranted personal attack.

Finally, I will make many mistakes typos and posts. It happens when you work 65 hours a week and travel as I do. While I work for a large west coast law frim and 1 of more than a 1,000 lawyers, I respect those who work in public service like the public defenders office. Not every is motivated by money but I admit I was. I picked this career move because I have large student loans to repay...still repaying and will not finish for a few more years. Was the first to graduate college in my family and growing up on LI, my parents were not rich by any means. In a perfect world, I would be an entertainment lawyer and sports agent based in LA. Not working thru the grind of a large firm where I sleep in my office (personal life stinks) or I am traveling to other offices for clients. On a plane now heading back from the holidays becasue I have to work today....and I will be in the office at least 10 hours today.....all about the billable hours. And just so you know, I represent some of the world's largest companies -- including Dow 10. [/QUOTE]

LOLz. Who gives a ****.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=FF2;4250322]LOLz. Who gives a ****.[/QUOTE]

I loze sleeps ovr his posts! :steamin:

All League
    [QUOTE=JetsMike;4250306]What is BB record without Brady?[/QUOTE]

Of course having a great QB helps but using this logic what was Dungy's record without Manning, Payton's without Brees, Walsh without Montana (was Young w/Seifart?), Shanahan without Elway, etc...

Oh and BB's record with Cassell as QB was IIRC 11-5
    Last edited by PatriotReign; 11-25-2011 at 08:35 PM.

[QUOTE=PatriotReign;4250331]Of course having a great QB helps but using this logic what was Dungy's record without Manning, Payton's without Brees, Walsh without Montana (was Young w/Seifart?), Shanahan without Elway, etc...[/QUOTE]

. . . Rich Kotite without Randall Cunningham.

. . . Rod Marinelli without Jon Kitna.

. . . Herm Edwards without Chad Pennington.

[QUOTE=palmetto defender;4249957]I can only imagine why you didn't like Charleston. 11 years voted the most polite city in the U.S. Designated the number one tourist destination by Conde Nast. The only city in the U.S. with a AAA bon rating ETC. You rae more interest in the dregs apparently. South Florida? Phoenix?
    You are inconsequntial as a person. Legal acumen? doggin has legal acumen. Not kissing up to him but he offers logical, succinct, moral and ethical solutions/discussions. Apparently Columbia (as we know) is a far superior school to Stanford.
    See you. Fortunately I don't need a rookie lawyer. Mine is an ex Senator.[/QUOTE]

Correct. My idea of a nice place to live (or retire) is not the charm of an old southern city -- pre 1900. Sorry but I enjoy the modern amenities life has to offer. Besides, Marina Del Rey, Newport Beach (Ca.) or the many nice venues of south Florida, offers a better quality of life than Charleston, SC....and that includes many factors. The AAA bond rating for the local municipality does not mean much. If the state's bond rating is not good....so what? But my primary concern is quality of life. The aforementioned cities have far more to offer than Charleston, SC. Of course, I will concede that "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" so what works for me may not for you. However, on a whole, I think most people would agree with me.

The rest of your post I will ignore as, once again, I am not here to get into a personal attack/back and forth with you (if the NE roll had no pointed out your post the other day, I wouldn't have even seen it). The tone/sarcasm is nasty imo. Somehow I interpet, usually, as is the case with the internet, that you want to get into a back and forth.....I dont have the time nor energy; I rather use that to go after the dumba$$ NE trolls. However, You are free to think what you wish....it made no difference in my life before and makes no difference now. So in the larger picture, who cares. I certainly don't....

[QUOTE=PatriotReign;4250204]How can you summarily dismiss the countless NFL analysts, writers and ex player commentators who routinely praise Belichick's coaching skills? BB for all his warts (and he has many) is a lock for the HOF. Are all those folks delusional as well? As an opposing fan I have no problem with you and others ragging on BB for the spygate stuff but a Jet fan is not delusional or any less of a fan if he thinks BB is a great coach.

From what I've read you have an impressive education, the GFY stuff is usually used by the teenagers or pseudo tough guys...I know you don't give a flying F what I think but you sound silly telling people on the internet to go bleep themselves as if it's intimidating. My apologies if the salutation is simply used as a therapy exercise for your anger management issues.

The Pats fans are crowing? I dunno if you've noticed but the same Pats fans have been posting for quite sometime including after the Jets playoff whooping last season. You hate Pats fans...we get it but the internet anger about all things BB or about anyone who doesn't march lockstep with your opinions is laughable.

Of course you will use the fact that I root for another football team as a reason/justification to continue ranting like a mouth breather.

To that I say GFY (good for you). :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

PatriotReign,

Cheating is cheating. Period. Will Pete Rose, Barry Bonds or Roger Clemens enter the HOF? Most observers don't think so. So why should Belicheat? Can we attribute what impact steroids had on Bonds or clemens performance? Afterall, both were HOF players before the steroid usage by their performance on the field.

Also, why did the League decide to destroy the tapes before any objective third party was able to review the evidence? In any legal proceeding, destrucvtion of evidence is a crime. Smells of the term "coverup." Now I am not accusing the League of being part of the spygate scandal. However, in order to preserve the integrity of the sport, the League's actions says a lot --destruction of the tapes and the fines given to Belicheat and NE.

Also, former Rams and Eagles players have been very outspoken on this topic. You may dismiss it as "sour grapes." But then again, we will never know becasue the evidence was destroyed.

I am not angry either. Just don't understand why NE fans feel the need to troll on a jets site. Why are you not spending your time exchanging ideas and opinions with other NE Patriot fans? Obviously, and maybe not you, some NE trolls are only here to garner a negative reaction from Jets fans -- many of those same trolls who were no where to be found a few weeks ago.

PatriotReign,

Hit submit to fast; long day and just catching up but.....in response to your GFY, I tip my hat to you. That brought a smile to my face. :D

But that's where me being nice to a troll ends. ;)

[QUOTE=GronkWelkhead;4250225]heh, heh, heh,....mouth-breathing "lawyer"....:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

You know what you can do....if you haven't done it already but is worth repeating, GFY.....

[QUOTE=DeanPatsFan;4250228]Let me help you out....

[IMG]http://musketfire.com/files/2011/10/Jets-Videotaping.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

This is just silly. Please explaing how the Jets are cheating in this photo when the cameraman is filming the Jets coaching staff? :eek: Talk about reaching for straws. But your argument holds no water. Unlike NE, the League took no action against the Jets. None. Zip. Zero. As opposed to a record fine against Belicheat and NE as an organization.

Furthermore, if you visit any NFL stadium, credential media members wearing vest have a purpose -- filming the game. This is nothing new as opposed to the filming of the opposition's practices and walk thrus to gain an advantage on game day. Nice try but very weak.

[QUOTE=The Boston Patriot;4250323]I loze sleeps ovr his posts! :steamin:[/QUOTE]

Good. Then get lost troll and go post on the NE board.

[QUOTE=PatriotReign;4250331]Of course having a great QB helps but using this logic what was Dungy's record without Manning, Payton's without Brees, Walsh without Montana (was Young w/Seifart?), Shanahan without Elway, etc...

Oh and BB's record with Cassell as QB was IIRC 11-5[/QUOTE]That wasn't the answer to my question.

[QUOTE=JetsMike;4250474]That wasn't the answer to my question.[/QUOTE]

52-60, I think.

[QUOTE=PatriotReign;4250331]Of course having a great QB helps but using this logic what was Dungy's record without Manning, Payton's without Brees, Walsh without Montana (was Young w/Seifart?), Shanahan without Elway, etc...

Oh and BB's record with Cassell as QB was IIRC 11-5[/QUOTE]

I see your point, but two points. One... Sean Payton is 0-0 without Brees, He joined during the same off-season. Dungy, also, had a good record without Manning. Remember he was a good coach in TB,

Remember coaches usually (not always) take over bad teams, and get good QBs, the first year or two are usually bad for teams under that circumstance anyhow.

[QUOTE=Batmans A Scientist;4250544]I see your point, but two points. One... Sean Payton is 0-0 without Brees, He joined during the same off-season. Dungy, also, had a good record without Manning. Remember he was a good coach in TB,

Remember coaches usually (not always) take over bad teams, and get good QBs, the first year or two are usually bad for teams under that circumstance anyhow.[/QUOTE]

No Dungy fan but in all fairness he took over a horrible TB team and converted them into winners. I think he was fired because he never could get to the SB. His 10-6, 9-7 teams I guess was not good enough for TB ownership.

[QUOTE=AFCEastFan;4250479]52-60, I think.[/QUOTE]

More like 41-57.

[QUOTE=jetssjumets;4250549]More like 41-57.[/QUOTE]

Less like that, actually. 52-62 is my final offer.

Does anyone really give a **** about this thread? I mean really, BB and Brady are going to the HOF. There's no point trying to undercut them. Their own peers are going to send them, not a bunch of yahoo fans. If you don't like who Rex thinks is good, take out your crayons and write him. Think about it. In your professional lives, who is in a better position to evaluate your talent? Is it your peers or some lay person calling up and complaining that he could do better.

[QUOTE=CleatMarks;4250602]Does anyone really give a **** about this thread? [/QUOTE]

We're up to 12 pages now, so I would have to say yes.