Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Rex vs Belichick

[QUOTE=Savage69;4242440]Who did better in their first 2 years as a HC??[/QUOTE]

Seriously...I am tired of people comparing Rex to Belichick...it's freaking stupid. In BB's 1st 3 years as a HC, he had 20 wins. Rex had that in 2 years...not including 4 playoff wins, which got them to 2 consecutive AFC CG.

All League
    [QUOTE=OrangeJet;4243065]Seriously...I am tired of people comparing Rex to Belichick...it's freaking stupid. In BB's 1st 3 years as a HC, he had 20 wins. Rex had that in 2 years...not including 4 playoff wins, which got them to 2 consecutive AFC CG.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Rex is ten times the coach Bellichick is. End of discussion.

Hall Of Fame
    Belichick in Cleveland. LOL. Not even close.

Belichick has Brady. Rex has Sanchez. End of story.

BTW Pats get zero credit for Brady. They passed on him five times like everyone else.

[QUOTE=BushyTheBeaver;4243071]Agreed. Rex is ten times the coach Bellichick is. End of discussion.[/QUOTE]

Well, that's not exactly what I'm saying. I'm saying you can't compare a 3rd year HC to a 17th year HC. While still not the best of gauges, comparison at a benchmark of years coaching is far more adequate.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Foley11;4242505]Rex is the coach you want for the Wednesday press conference. BB is the coach you want for the game on Sunday.[/QUOTE]

I disagree. With the exception of this past game and last year's blowout in NE, Rex owned Belichick in making adjustments and out-scheming him.

I'll take Rex and Tom Brady over BB and Sanchez any day. All things being equal, Rex is the guy I want on the sidelines.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=jetster;4242459]My problem with Rex is his phony praise of under average players like Smith, Leonard & Hunter.
    Those 3 players alone have had a serious effect on this crappy season so far.

It's insulting to fans that know better! Many fans here have had worries in the offseason about the NY Jets hanging their hats on these 3!
    Fans talked about Plax effect, ie. Lazy, non practicing finger pointer.
    It's easy to see Holmes is a compainer & it didn't take long for him to throw Sanchez under the bus.
    There is a lot to be said for "TEAM" players!
    Belichick gets rid of ANYONE that does not buy in, no matter who they are other than Brady, everyone else is fair game![/QUOTE]

Agreed. REX has a lot to learn and should keep quiet until he learns how to win it all. He is a players coach and nice guys don't win! His OC & QB coach have failed to develop fully a young talent and are now harming his progress. yet he praises SCHOTTY & Cavanaugh. Its time for REX to wake up and realize he is a headcoach and is paid to win and not support mediocrity.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=OrangeJet;4243065]Seriously...I am tired of people comparing Rex to Belichick...it's freaking stupid. In BB's 1st 3 years as a HC, he had 20 wins. Rex had that in 2 years...not including 4 playoff wins, which got them to 2 consecutive AFC CG.[/QUOTE]

Of course Belichick's first team did not have the talent that Rex has had in his first three seasons! That is why comparisions of this nature are as bad as statistics. Without all the facts any answer can be read into any situation.

[QUOTE=PatriotReign;4243016]Ok fine but using that logic no one here can brag about Rex's playoff wins that went to nowhere. The fact that the Jets non factor playoff wins were more recent that the Pats is a hardly a HOF accomplishment worthy of bragging rights.[/QUOTE]

Ok. Using that logic, the Pats were one missed FG away from not winning anything in their SB victories. Goes both ways.

Also, in regards to Belicheat, if Rex's defensive brillance is due to the players already on the team as you said, how can you argue that Belicheat's "supposed brilliance" is not due to having an all time great QB? His record without Brady is 41-55, hardly a true representative of a genius. The genius is a defensive guru but his defense has stunk for years and he is riding Tammy's coattails. And you Patsies fans know it.

[QUOTE=GronkWelkhead;4243001]Another 12 year old internet tough guy...just what the world needs.[/QUOTE]

Stop talking about yourself troll. It is better to let people think you are smart rather than continuing to open your childish mouth and remove all doubt.

Like I said...:zzz:

[QUOTE=GMCJETS;4242431]Rex couldnt carry Bills dirty jock.[/QUOTE]

He'd rather carry his dirty socks. :eek:

[QUOTE=OrangeJet;4243074]Well, that's not exactly what I'm saying. I'm saying you can't compare a 3rd year HC to a 17th year HC. While still not the best of gauges, comparison at a benchmark of years coaching is far more adequate.[/QUOTE]

But that wasn't the OP's point in creating this thread. He is comparing the Belichick of today versus Rex today. Based on that parameter, the choice is clear to any objective observer.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=GronkWelkhead;4243174]But that wasn't the OP's point in creating this thread. He is comparing the Belichick of today versus Rex today. Based on that parameter, the choice is clear to any objective observer.[/QUOTE]

Go to your own forum. Please.

[QUOTE=STL Jet fan;4243012]BUT....... Its true the past have not won ANYTHING since being exposed[/QUOTE]

Since spygate the Pats record is 57-16 for a win percentage of .781. (That's a better percentage than they had in the Belichick era before spygate.) They've won 3 division championships (soon to be 4), and tied for the division lead in the only season that they didn't win the division, but lost it on tie breakers. They also won the AFC Championship and played in Super Bowl 42. The last time that the Jets played in a Super Bowl, Joe Namath was wearing paisley polyester bell bottoms, white side zipper boots, and a neru jacket.

Right now Rex can't hold Bill's jock.

[QUOTE=BluVayner;4243188]Since spygate the Pats record is 57-16 for a win percentage of .781. (That's a better percentage than they had in the Belichick era before spygate.) They've won 3 division championships (soon to be 4), and tied for the division lead in the only season that they didn't win the division, but lost it on tie breakers. They also won the AFC Championship and played in Super Bowl 42. The last time that the Jets played in a Super Bowl, Joe Namath was wearing paisley polyester bell bottoms, white side zipper boots, and a neru jacket.[/QUOTE]

You are making a horse's ass out of yourself. Many teams/coaches can claim high winning percentages during a certain stretch in their respective careers. How many playoffs wins does Belicheat have over that period? If the answer is none, as it is, you can take your winning percentage and shove it up your avartar.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=BluVayner;4243188]Since spygate the Pats record is 57-16 for a win percentage of .781. (That's a better percentage than they had in the Belichick era before spygate.) They've won 3 division championships (soon to be 4), and tied for the division lead in the only season that they didn't win the division, but lost it on tie breakers. [/QUOTE]

Facts Are Fun !! :yes::yes::yes:

[QUOTE]Including both at 1-1 in playoffs...

Rich Kotite (Career)...........41 wins - 57 losses

Bill Belichick (pre-Brady)....42 wins - 58 losses
    [/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=srobjets;4243222]Right now Rex can't hold Bill's jock.[/QUOTE]

Don't be a prisoner of the moment. Did you say that just a week ago when the NE trolls were in hiding and everyone, especially in Boston, was questioning the wisdom of Belicheat?

I am more than happy that Rex is the Jets coach and thank god Belicheat never became our coach. Let's not rewrite history. Absent Tammy, Belicheat is another overated coordinator. And all you need to do is watch his press conference when he resigned as Jets coach. That famous performance tells you all you need to know.

[QUOTE=Phoenixx;4243232]Facts Are Fun !! :yes::yes::yes:[/QUOTE]

Well said. Thanks for digging up Rick Kotite's winning percentage. If I recall, he had some very good years with Philly. This is a perfect illustration. You nailed it. Without Tammy, Belicheat is nothing...he would not have a job.

But that day is coming and when these NE trolls disappear and go back into hibernation not to be heard from again (Jets fans, remember the days going up to NE playing in fromt of 30,000 fans). Tammy's clock is ticking. Nothing lasts forever. Just ask the 49ers after Joe Montana.

[QUOTE=jetssjumets;4243228]You are making a horse's ass out of yourself. [B]Many teams/coaches can claim high winning percentages during a certain stretch in their respective careers[/B]. How many playoffs wins does Belicheat have over that period? If the answer is none, as it is, you can take your winning percentage and shove it up your avartar.[/QUOTE]

Like who? Bill Walsh,Chuck Knoll, Dungy (recent)? Name these coaches who've had that kind of success for that period of time. I'll bet there are only a few and probably HOF coaches.

I'm calling bull****.