Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Rex vs Belichick

Rex vs Belichick

Rex keeps singing the praises of Bill Belichick, goes out of his way to call him the best coach in football, blah, blah, blah.

Well Rex, if you like him so much & feel he's the best than why not emulate him when it comes to running a team?
    BB always says, "do your job! & if you don't do your job you won't have it!"

Belichick has NO PROBLEM benching or even CUTTING players that don't perform.
    Rex kisses players that don't performs ass*s?
    Leonard? Slow, missing tackles all over the place this year!
    Smith? Don't get me started, with all the bad play we have seen over the last 2 games he was a huge part of the problems.
    Hunter? Is Rex still telling everyone he's the best right tackle in football? lol!
    Shotty? I love those routes where our players actually run right into each other! How about the pick, did u notice how close the wideouts were again? Do you see the lousy lazy route Plax ran?

Bottom line, in Belichicks realm, coaches & players have to answer for their shortcomings, in Rex system no one is held accountable.
    The same mistakes happening over & over & over again, but also by the SAME INDIVIDUALS! Belichick would NEVER put up with that & that is why you have a great coach & Rex, a great players coach, losing his players who feel they will never be called out.
    You would think coaches would try to learn from coaches they respect, Rex isn't paying attention, he's doing it Rex way & failing miserably now.
    He's getting his comeuppence for all his big talk, he needs to learn something & change a little to be successful, I hope he does.
    We'll see.
    Last edited by jetster; 11-18-2011 at 03:24 PM.

Rex couldnt carry Bills dirty jock.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=GMCJETS;4242431]Rex couldnt carry Bills dirty jock.[/QUOTE]

Why would a coach wear a jock?

[QUOTE=Jets Things;4242434]Why would a coach wear a jock?[/QUOTE]

Ok underwear then.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Who did better in their first 2 years as a HC??

All Pro
    Nail vs. Hammer

Grass vs. Mower

Turd vs. Toilet

etc.

My problem with Rex is his phony praise of under average players like Smith, Leonard & Hunter.
    Those 3 players alone have had a serious effect on this crappy season so far.

It's insulting to fans that know better! Many fans here have had worries in the offseason about the NY Jets hanging their hats on these 3!
    Fans talked about Plax effect, ie. Lazy, non practicing finger pointer.
    It's easy to see Holmes is a compainer & it didn't take long for him to throw Sanchez under the bus.
    There is a lot to be said for "TEAM" players!
    Belichick gets rid of ANYONE that does not buy in, no matter who they are other than Brady, everyone else is fair game!

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=jetster;4242459]My problem with Rex [B]is his phony praise of under average players like Smith[/B], Leonard & Hunter.
    Those 3 players alone have had a serious effect on this crappy season so far.

It's insulting to fans that know better! Many fans here have had worries in the offseason about the NY Jets hanging their hats on these 3!
    Fans talked about Plax effect, ie. Lazy, non practicing finger pointer.
    It's easy to see Holmes is a compainer & it didn't take long for him to throw Sanchez under the bus.
    There is a lot to be said for "TEAM" players!
    Belichick gets rid of ANYONE that does not buy in, no matter who they are other than Brady, everyone else is fair game![/QUOTE]

What's weird is Westoff loves him too..

I think Hell just froze over.:D

[QUOTE=Savage69;4242463]What's weird is Westoff loves him too..[/QUOTE]

Westoff can't say much after his special teams performance the last two weeks, miserable FAIL!
    He let Weathersford go for Conley?

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=jetster;4242481]Westoff can't say much after his special teams performance the last two weeks, miserable FAIL!
    He let Weathersford go for Conley?[/QUOTE]

That made no sense to me either..

Both are good coaches that are displaying different strengths and weaknesses as they deal with the flaws on their respective teams.

Rex is the coach you want for the Wednesday press conference. BB is the coach you want for the game on Sunday.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=Jets Things;4242434]Why would a coach wear a jock?[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=GMCJETS;4242436]Ok underwear then.[/QUOTE]

Rex rarely wears underwears, but when he does.....they're really big.

-

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=32green;4242512] [B]Rex rarely wears underwears[/B], but when he does.....they're really big.

-[/QUOTE]

And you know that how?? :eek:

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Savage69;4242519]And you know that how?? :eek:[/QUOTE]

[i]:usedtobeacop?:[/i]

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=AFCEastFan;4242501]Both are good coaches that are displaying different strengths and weaknesses as they deal with the flaws on their respective teams.[/QUOTE]

Rex has been taken to the cleaners a few more times than BB has recently.

Compared to BB first coaching stint in Cleveland Rex is Vince Lombardi but compared straight up, today, no contest. The honesty in this thread is refreshing.

BB is a better, more disciplined coach. X's and O's for BB, loud and proud for Rex.

The record tells us the difference.

Rex seems to be a good motivational coach who the players like and buy into. His defensive expertise is unquestioned. But, he's a lousy game day coach, and not a complete one at that, as he doesn't seem to have control and complete understanding of the offensive side of the ball.

BB is the complete coach IMO. Many, but not all of his players love playing for him. I do think with his GM duties he bites off more than he can chew but it's hard to argue with the results.

But I'd take Rex's pressers over monotone Bill any day of the week.:cool:

Practice Squad

Why would he want to?

All Pro
    [QUOTE=GronkWelkhead;4242612]Rex seems to be a good motivational coach who the players like and buy into. His defensive expertise is unquestioned. But, he's a lousy game day coach, and not a complete one at that, as he doesn't seem to have control and complete understanding of the offensive side of the ball.

BB is the complete coach IMO. Many, but not all of his players love playing for him. I do think with his GM duties he bites off more than he can chew but it's hard to argue with the results.

But I'd take Rex's pressers over monotone Bill any day of the week.:cool:[/QUOTE]

I think gameday coaching, just like everything else, improves with experience.

BB has a ton more experience than Rex and he's seen just about every single situation that can arise. He's prepared for just about everything, and his time in Cleveland certainly helped as a sort of trial run.

You're right that BB has a grasp on the offense and Rex does not, this is my biggest gripe with Rex. To an outsider it appears as though he takes a hands off approach to the O. That's not a recipe for success.