Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will 10-6 get Jets in Playoffs?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

PLAYOFFS dept. : How many teams will New York get into the NFL playoffs ? ? ?

> [url]http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2011/11/how-many-teams-will-new-york-get-into-the-nfl-playoffs/1?csp=34sports&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+UsatodaycomSports-TopStories+%28Sports+-+Top+Stories%29&utm_content=ESPN[/url]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Will 10-6 get Jets in Playoffs?

The Jets would have to go 5-1 down the stretch to get in.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    8-8 is more likely.

no playoffs. Raiders game sealed it ( like I have been saying) in wk 2.
    Raiders will only get better with Palmer.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=NewYorkSackExchange;4242876]8-8 is more likely.

Raiders will only get better with Palmer.[/QUOTE]

I think raiders will win the west... steelers/ravens & bengals are the ones who we will be competing for that final WC spot. assuming we beat buffalo again

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=NewYorkSackExchange;4242876]8-8 is more likely.

Raiders will only get better with Palmer.[/QUOTE]

[B]Which three teams will the jets lose to?[/B] On how the season has gone im pickin two more losses for jets. @Philly and @Miami/HUGH letdown bc Win & In if the jets beat Miami last game. But a loss eliminates Jets w/9-7 record..

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jeT.MAC;4242904][B]Which three teams will the jets lose to?[/B] On how the season has gone im pickin two more losses for jets. @Philly and @Miami/HUGH letdown bc Win & In if the jets beat Miami last game. But a loss eliminates Jets w/9-7 record..[/QUOTE]

It certainly wouldn't shock me if they lose to Miami in that last game and miss the playoffs, but if the OLine doesn't play better over the next few weeks, that Giants game could get ugly and Miami might be meaningless.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Even 10-6 isn't looking good - given head to head losses to BAL, OAK, DEN and five conference losses already.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think 10-6 will do it really.

1 Bills will not get 10 wins so they are out. at JETS, NE, SD, and Miami. Then Tenn and Denver who will also sadly be in this playoff run. I actually think 8-8 is the best they can do with that poor D. In reality I wouldn't be shocked if they lost the rest of their games.

2 Cincy is still at Balt and at Pitts then end the year vs Balt again. I have a feeling they will loose one more with the rook so 9-7 there most likely. Not bad for a team everyone had as like a 2-14 team going into the year. Tenn is actually the only good team they have beaten this year so I just think 10-6is a stretch still. Any team that can put up a good O I think will beat them. Even if they make 10-6 it is very likely they too have 5 conference losses.

3. If Tenn gets to the playoffs it will be because Houston came appart at the seems IMO. They already have 4 conference losses and have a pretty rough schedule in the back end with 4 teams looking to make the playoffs. They are at Atlanta this sunday and still have TB and NO. If they win 2 of those 3 I'd be surprised. Even if they do they'd still have to sweap the rest of the schedule including Buff, Jax, and Houston who will give them trouble.

5-8 Really only one 10-6 WILL be in the West if that. KC and SD are not making 10-6 with that schedule. That means Denver would have win in 5 of its next 6 vs teams like NE, Chi, SD, and Buff who are much better at scoring points then us. I'd be more then shock if that happened. I think it is more likely they take the division with a 9-7 record then go 10-6 and knock us out of the playoffs.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Lithfan;4242936]It certainly wouldn't shock me if they lose to Miami in that last game and miss the playoffs, but if the OLine doesn't play better over the next few weeks, that Giants game could get ugly and Miami might be meaningless.[/QUOTE]

If the O-line doesnt step it up the Giants will set an NFL record for sacks in one game.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    We just lost to The Broncos. The Broncos had 1 drive. ONE. And we lost. There is no f-ing way the Jets are going 5-1. 1-5, maybe.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    rex re playoffs -

> [url]http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jets/post/_/id/8926/rex-ryan-our-playoffs-start-right-now[/url]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    its looking grim....my agitation toward this team is beyond belief...

i need a few more days before i can answer this question objectively.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    After 2 Bad Losses, Jets Face Tough Path

> [url]http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/19/sports/football/jets-face-tough-path-after-losing-to-broncos-and-patriots.html?_r=1&ref=football[/url]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Have to hope for the Bengals and Broncos to fall apart.

Huge game for Bengals Sunday. Ray Lewis is out though.

Broncos will lose games. Jets provided a great blueprint. I just hope other teams can just FINISH the job.

If the Jets lose one more game I think I am gonna go into the "Lose Out" mode. Would rather have a better draft pick than useless pride.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jets will go 8-8. Raiders will get 6th seed.

1. Steelers - 13-3
    2. Pats -13-3
    3. Texans - 11-5
    4. Ravens - 11-5
    5. Bengals - 10-6
    6. Raiders - 9-7

Texans over Raiders
    Ravens over Bengals

Steelers over Ravens
    Pat over Texans

Pats over Steelers

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    No way they will not win another 2 games. it's over

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Problem is the Jets are losing to the Bills, Giants, and Eagles.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=NewYorkSackExchange;4243180]Jets will go 8-8. Raiders will get 6th seed.

1. Steelers - 13-3
    2. Pats -13-3
    3. Texans - 11-5
    4. Ravens - 11-5
    5. Bengals - 10-6
    6. Raiders - 9-7

Texans over Raiders
    Ravens over Bengals

Steelers over Ravens
    Pat over Texans

Pats over Steelers[/QUOTE]

Raiders would be 4th seed in that scenario.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Even if we did go 10-6, which we aint, we wouldnt win any of the tiebreakers so we would still be on the outside looking in....

Doesn't really matter at this point.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    10-6 would get you in .... we're not going 10-6 however. If you think this team is good enough to go 5 and 1 to end the season then you are mistaken or just blind. There's way too many issues on this team that can't be fixed. The once dominant O Line is no where near dominant. We do stupid things like put tightends on teams best pass rushers. Sanchez is digressing ... we have no vertical threat and frankly we probably have the worst safeties in football.

At this point in the season I just wish Rex made some dramatic changes like throwing Kyle Wilson or Cro as a safety. We're the only team in Football that has our safeties playing man against slot guys and tightends and still don't generate any pass rush. Its pretty pathetic. We have no speed on this team ... This team is way too slow. Mainly on defense and mainly on the backend. Eagles will likely light us up like they did the Cowboys ... There's no way Vick won't bust out huge runs against us ... just look at what Tebow did ... Buffalo will adjust .... Giants will likely put a spanking on us ...KC won't even be a easy game. I could see us playing down to them like we did to the Bronco's..... Our offense could play subpar in the past 2 years and we could get by cause of our running game. This year ... our running game is so bad there's no way we can survive these horrible passing stretches anymore. Either Sanchez plays his best stretch of football in his career in these last 6 games or we're lucky if we go 9-7 ....extremely lucky. If we had a playmaking tightend this defense would look a whole lot better. Cro at free safety to be our Ed Reed would be huge for this defense .... If we let Cro sit back and just read the QB's eyes we'd be golden.... we have a ton of corners on this team and we could afford to take the chance. Wish Rex shook things up like that.