Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 38

Thread: Robert Griffin III

  1. #1

    Robert Griffin III

    Just saw the end of the Baylor game he led them to a great last second win.

    I've seen him a few times this year he's got a great arm and world class speed

    Looks like he could be a good one.What do some of you draft experts think?

    Looking forward to your opinions

  2. #2
    not a draft expert exactly but i like griffin more than landry jones, but below barkley...with the success cam newton is having teams are gonna be more willing to go with mobile guys with rocket arms, that gw touchdown pass that RG3 just threw was 50 yards in the air and absoutely perfect, he was that entire drive

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by chrebetCT1192 View Post
    not a draft expert exactly but i like griffin more than landry jones, but below barkley...with the success cam newton is having teams are gonna be more willing to go with mobile guys with rocket arms, that gw touchdown pass that RG3 just threw was 50 yards in the air and absoutely perfect, he was that entire drive
    That's what I think as well.I really like Barkley and think Jones is overrated.

    Griffin is also pretty accurate.

    God could you imagine schitty with Griffin.He would take advantage of his rocket arm by having the recievers run 4 yard curls....offensive genius

  4. #4
    I was just going to make this post. I think there is a good chance he will be available when we pick. I would take this guy. I had it rated Luck, Jones, Barkely, Griffin early in the season but I think Griffin is the second best QB in the draft now but teams will go with the classic pocket passer over him.

    The kid has a rocket arm. THEE strongest arm in this class. Is ridiculously accurate down field. Probably the best arm down field. Is as mobile as anyone. Think of him as faster than Tebow but slower than Vick.

    The bears (stock term) will say his size, injury history, and not the classic passer, and maybe a project in a NFL system. The bulls will say Cannon arm, good pocket awareness, as mobile as anyone, very accurate, ridiculous upside.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by IHATEDOLPHINS View Post
    That's what I think as well.I really like Barkley and think Jones is overrated.

    Griffin is also pretty accurate.

    God could you imagine schitty with Griffin.He would take advantage of his rocket arm by having the recievers run 4 yard curls....offensive genius
    USC fan here. I'm actually mixed on Barkley. I liked him coming out of high school but I don't know what to make of him. USC QB's always have patted stats. Barkley had some plays this year and throws that were questionable. I think he hesitates a little. His arm strength is average. theres nothing he does very well in. I think he has limited upside and I fear his decision making. I think he will be a game manager on the next level. Great game today though.

  6. #6
    Landry Jones was a beast coming to this year. This year he is off. Made some picks that I didn't like and had a terrible game today. His stock is way down right now. I have him ranked 4th now behind Barkley but Jones will likely be drafted before Barkely.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Ryan View Post
    I was just going to make this post. I think there is a good chance he will be available when we pick. I would take this guy. I had it rated Luck, Jones, Barkely, Griffin early in the season but I think Griffin is the second best QB in the draft now but teams will go with the classic pocket passer over him.

    The kid has a rocket arm. THEE strongest arm in this class. Is ridiculously accurate down field. Probably the best arm down field. Is as mobile as anyone. Think of him as faster than Tebow but slower than Vick.

    The bears (stock term) will say his size, injury history, and not the classic passer, and maybe a project in a NFL system. The bulls will say Cannon arm, good pocket awareness, as mobile as anyone, very accurate, ridiculous upside.
    i don't see griffin be available when we pick (assuming we end up in the 17-23 range), i see griffin as a top 15 pick but think a qb needy team could snatch him up in the top 10 after jones depending on how the order shakes up. i see luck and barkley perhaps going 1-2 (colts, dolphins) and then the seahawks, redskins, and maybe even denver potentially sitting in the bottom half of the top 10 and looking for a qb

  8. #8
    I don't think we will pick that low. I think we will end up with a top 15 pick with the potential to move up a few picks. The saying goes doodoo rolls down hill. I think the Jets will get worst the rest of the season. the team/locker room is about to implode. I don't think Barkely gets drafted top 3, small chance top 5, likely top 10. I hope someone doesn't say screw it lets get Griffin in the top 10 and we just move a few spots up for him.

  9. #9
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Eastchester, NY
    Posts
    1,265
    I think the knocks on RG3 are that his height and arm strength are not prototypical, but adequate. His intangibles are, however, are off the chart - he's an ace student already working on his masters degree.

  10. #10
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    20,301
    Could be a Brad Smith type.

  11. #11
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,219
    nice to discuss quarterbacks but

    we need a pass rusher

    and


    we need an offensive tackle

    FIRST

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by IHATEDOLPHINS View Post
    What do some of you draft experts think?
    Well, in my expert opinion, RG3 is a first round talent.

    No one will unseat Andrew Luck as 2012's top QB, but RG3 could be right behind him if things fall into place.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronxville Jets Fan View Post
    I think the knocks on RG3 are that his height and arm strength are not prototypical, but adequate. His intangibles are, however, are off the chart - he's an ace student already working on his masters degree.
    Are you serious? Are u watching the same games i've watched? He has a cannon

  14. #14
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Eastchester, NY
    Posts
    1,265
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Ryan View Post
    Are you serious? Are u watching the same games i've watched? He has a cannon
    Just repeating what I've heard, for whatever that's worth.

    Here's a an evaluation by Scout's Inc. that I recently read, which says he has good -- but not great -- arm strength:


    Robert Griffin III, Baylor (6-1 , 218, 4.45)
    Mental Makeup: 1
    Outstanding intelligence and competitiveness. Will need to make the transition from a spread offense with simple reads, but has the work ethic and natural intelligence to do so. Has cut down on forced throws as a senior. Making better decisions overall.

    Accuracy: 2 The vast majority of his throws are within 10 yards of line of scrimmage, but he is more accurate than expected on intermediate throws. Deep ball accuracy is improving, but still not consistent. Seems to struggle with trajectory on deep ball. Also needs to learn how to take some heat off his fastball on some underneath throws.

    Release/Arm Strength: 2
    Is on the shorter side and has some balls batted down at the line, but shows a quick release. Gets the ball to the perimeter faster than most on screens and quick-hitters. Has good overall arm strength and can zip the ball into tight spots down the field.

    Pocket mobility: 1
    Elite athlete for the position. Capable of consistently buying extra time with feet. Will be late feeling pressure at times, though, and occasionally holds the ball too long. Has speed and elusiveness to become a legitimate running threat in NFL, and could contribute as a "slash"-type player if needed.

  15. #15
    ^ I urge you to watch the kid play the game with your own eyes.

    Stop using one of Todd McShay's assistant's opinion as your own.

    If you watch RG3, he can make all the throws.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Anton Chigurh View Post
    Well, in my expert opinion, RG3 is a first round talent.

    No one will unseat Andrew Luck as 2012's top QB, but RG3 could be right behind him if things fall into place.
    That's what I think as well.From what i've seen he has a cannon,and is very accurate.Has not thrown a ton of pics

    What I really like is that he is putting these numbers up at Baylor..not a football powerhouse

    I guess my biggest worry about him would be that he is facing big 12 defenses which are terrible.

  17. #17
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Eastchester, NY
    Posts
    1,265
    Quote Originally Posted by Anton Chigurh View Post
    ^ I urge you to watch the kid play the game with your own eyes.

    Stop using one of Todd McShay's assistant's opinion as your own.

    If you watch RG3, he can make all the throws.
    I got it. Just to be clear, I never said he couldnt make all the throws - not many QBs with first round grades can't. I only said that no one will confuse his arm strength with the Flacco's or Cutler's of the world.

  18. #18
    I've got a bit of a mancrush on RG3.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronxville Jets Fan View Post
    I got it. Just to be clear, I never said he couldnt make all the throws - not many QBs with first round grades can't. I only said that no one will confuse his arm strength with the Flacco's or Cutler's of the world.
    Man, some of the throws I saw this year was absolutely ridiculous. Lazers. I actually did get confused when I saw him play. I think it was a game against TCU I just switched chanels and saw him drop a bomb. I was like who da beep was that *****. Then I made an effort to watch him play. Very impressive indeed.

  20. #20
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Borgo's House
    Posts
    4,479
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Could be a Brad Smith type.
    Brad Smith never made a pass like the one this kid threw for the winning TD against Oklahoma. Not in his wildest dreams...

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us