Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Robert Griffin III

If he was bigger/more solidly built he'd be in Luck's territory. Since he isn't he won't go in the first and he'll be a nice project for a coach. Great college player...

The #2 QB in this draft is Barkley, and on a given day I call him 1B.

Quote Originally Posted by Much ado about Nothing View Post
    If he was bigger/more solidly built he'd be in Luck's territory. Since he isn't he won't go in the first and he'll be a nice project for a coach. Great college player...

The #2 QB in this draft is Barkley, and on a given day I call him 1B.
    Griffin will be a first round pick. He's 6'2 220. That's big enough.

I most definitely agree that he's behind Andrew Luck and Matt Barkley, but he should be the third quarterback selected.

Seattle, Indianapolis, Miami, Washington, Denver, Kansas City, and Cleveland could all use a quarterback.

He'll be a first rounder.

robert griffin III is a mid-late 1st QB after Luck and Barkley i.e. right in the Jets wheelhouse. If they wanted him they could probably take him.

Yeah I'm going to go ahead and retract my previous Griffin III statement. I did underrate his size.

Yea cause you probably never seen him play... if you did then u can see hes better than Barkley in down field passing, arm strength, pocket awareness, mobility and probably overall accuracy. Plus way more upside. Barkely will get the higher draft cause hes the "classic" QB in a "pro offense" from a big time school. Look how thats worked out for Sanchez. Yuck...

Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    robert griffin III is a mid-late 1st QB after Luck and Barkley i.e. right in the Jets wheelhouse. If they wanted him they could probably take him.
    Draft him in the middle rounds if he's available after picking up OLB, WR & RT

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Ryan View Post
    Yea cause you probably never seen him play... if you did then u can see hes better than Barkley in down field passing, arm strength, pocket awareness, mobility and probably overall accuracy. Plus way more upside. Barkely will get the higher draft cause hes the "classic" QB in a "pro offense" from a big time school. Look how thats worked out for Sanchez. Yuck...
    And look how it worked out for Manning, and Rodgers, and Eli, and Rivers, and most of the other successful QBs in the NFL. Big school and pro offense is still what you're looking for when drafting a QB in the 1st round. Why? Because that's the profile of the vast majority of the successful QBs in the NFL.

How many successful, former spread-option QBs have their been in the NFL? Cam Newton looks like he could be the first. All the rest have failed.

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Ryan View Post
    Yuch indeed...he's not a better prospect than Barkley.

Just won the Heisman

And after seeing him in interviews tonight I'm more convinced on the kid.His parents are both military so you know he has a hell of a work ethic

Hope he doesn't go to the Fish...I think he's gonna be a good one

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by IHATEDOLPHINS View Post
    Just won the Heisman

And after seeing him in interviews tonight I'm more convinced on the kid.His parents are both military so you know he has a hell of a work ethic

Hope he doesn't go to the Fish...I think he's gonna be a good one
    Happy for him. Seems like a great kid. He didn't even pick up the trophy until he was told to. Very humble, hard worker. Very refreshing to see that in today's sports world.

I dont know how his skills translate to the pros but he will definitely get a shot and has earned that.

As for Luck, he will be OK. Peyton didnt win the Heisman either.

All League
    Kid's got "it." I'm sold. I've been on his Heisman bandwagon for over a month so I haven't doubted his physical skills for a minute. Some team is going to be really pleased once they start building their franchise around him.

he is going to be what vick was to be...........

Quote Originally Posted by IHATEDOLPHINS View Post
    Just saw the end of the Baylor game he led them to a great last second win.

I've seen him a few times this year he's got a great arm and world class speed

Looks like he could be a good one.What do some of you draft experts think?

Looking forward to your opinions
    all the vick tangable,rocket arm, 4.2- 4.3 speed, only coachable with some sense and accuracy. im glad for him and baylor a small time school for a change.

Quote Originally Posted by MCBNY View Post
    Kid's got "it." I'm sold. I've been on his Heisman bandwagon for over a month so I haven't doubted his physical skills for a minute. Some team is going to be really pleased once they start building their franchise around him.
    This guy's magnificent and will be be the cornerstone for the team that picks him and like you said puts the pieces around him

hmm, I'd bet 500 bucks right now he's picked top 10 fwiw. I'll bet another $500 he has a better career than Barkley.
    Last edited by HessStation; 12-11-2011 at 08:58 AM.

All Pro
    Kid can play.

Let's hope he doesn't end up in Miami.

Something else to tell you the character of this kid.

http://www.tmz.com/2011/12/12/robert...d=rr_tmzsports

All Pro
    It looks like a great year to be searching for a new QB.

Blake is extremely good but I dont think he declares. He has arm strength. If you are reading a talent eval that says other wise find anther site. He wasn't real strong his 1st year but he was the youngest starting QB in the nation. His knee issues will make team think twice though. Right now I think he is projected top 5. When the official projections come out I think he will be much lower though. It all depends on who is there. So many teams have reached on lesser QBs in the last 3 years I'm not sure who pulls the trigger. Likely he is in Miamis or Washington next year if he declares.