Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: I hate loving this team!!!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

I hate loving this team!!!

Please...Someone tell me that when we finally win a Superbowl that all this pain and suffering will be worth it. This team is maddening. I like many of you have my opinions on what is wrong this time around. It just seems that no matter what regime is in place something goes wrong:

Offense and no defense
    Defense and no offense
    Richard Todd in the mud bowl.
    Byars fumbling in Denver
    Testaverde tearing his achilles
    Pennington never being what he could have been.
    Edwards with Hackett
    Mangini with Schottenheimer
    Rex ????

It seems like being a Jets fan is just pure torture. I like just about all of you will spend the day rooting for teams like the Bengals,Chargers, Cheifs and Bills to all lose.

I will be there next Sunday rooting for victory. Hoping we can get on some kind of roll and make the playoffs.

However, we have seen this movie many times, read the book, watched the DVD and the ending is always the same...

I hate loving this team!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Conkboy;4244172]Please...Someone tell me that when we finally win a Superbowl that all this pain and suffering will be worth it. This team is maddening. I like many of you have my opinions on what is wrong this time around. It just seems that no matter what regime is in place something goes wrong:

Offense and no defense
    Defense and no offense
    Byars fumbling in Denver
    Edwards with Hackett
    Rex ????

It seems like being a Jets fan is just pure torture. I like just about all of you will spend the day rooting for teams like the Bengals,Chargers, Cheifs and Bills to all lose.

I will be there next Sunday rooting for victory. Hoping we can get on some kind of roll and make the playoffs.

However, we have seen this movie many times, read the book, watched the DVD and the ending is always the same...

I hate loving this team![/QUOTE]

Ask the Saints fans if waiting for greatness was worth it. And then consider that we already won a Super Bowl compared to them

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't like rooting for teams that are historically big winners and/or have been big winners in my lifetime. I don't "hate" my team for losing; that's just a dumb overreaction.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SizzleBear287;4244197]I don't like rooting for teams that are historically big winners and/or have been big winners in my lifetime. I don't "hate" my team for losing; that's just a dumb overreaction.[/QUOTE]

I never said I hate my team...

I just pointing out how tough it is to have been a fan of this team for the past 40 years....a dumb overreaction is purging our roster or firing our entire coaching staff after a loss...

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    I just try to remember how much worse it was before Rex got here. We could still finish 10-6.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Buzzsaw;4244220]I just try to remember how much worse it was before Rex got here. We could still finish 10-6.[/QUOTE]

Very true... Maybe someday we can win a division title instead of worrying about if we have enough tie breakers to get in as a wildcard.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ditto!!!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Conkboy;4244172]Please...Someone tell me that when we finally win a Superbowl that all this pain and suffering will be worth it. This team is maddening. I like many of you have my opinions on what is wrong this time around. It just seems that no matter what regime is in place something goes wrong:

Offense and no defense
    Defense and no offense
    Byars fumbling in Denver
    Edwards with Hackett
    Rex ????

I hate loving this team![/QUOTE]

I'm convinced our good friend Broadway Joe sold his soul for a SB III win. We've had to pay the football gods back for the last 42 years, hopefully we don't have that much left on our bill :yes: :eek:

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just become an alcoholic, eyyyooooooooo.