Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 103

Thread: I will take this draft forum to new heights...

  1. #1

    I will take this draft forum to new heights...

    Friends and foes, I am pleased to announce that I am putting this board on my back do.

    Mr. Electric is dead and I have risen. A new e-god stands before you. I will answer your draft prospect prayers. I will strike ye with fire when I disagree.

    Fire setting should not be taken seriously. I value everyone's opinion unless it is flat-out horrible. I could careless if you disagree with my views on a specific player. I will stick to my guns 'til the end.

    Debating is what message boards are for. So bring it on, JI. I'm willing and able. I will bring the noise on every occasion.

    Starting now, you can search the interwebs for hours and not find a better place to talk about this team and the draft.

    I have tons of respect for my boys over on the "other" site. They do a hell of a job running that draft forum. I urge you to check out what they have to say too. ...but they should know by now that I believe I am the be-all-end-all of football knowledge. You won't find anybody better.

    I will tone it down a bit over here. I'm here strictly to feed my football talk fix.

    If you have questions about a prospect, team needs, or anything college football or draft related, don't be afraid to ask. The DIAF, F days are over. I still have an unlimited supply of gasoline and matches though.

    Looking forward to dealing with a new group of draft-heads,

    Anton "Electric" Chigurh

  2. #2
    Are you Mr. Electric from the "other" site? If so, welcome aboard! I always enjoyed your posts in the past.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Anton Chigurh View Post
    Friends and foes, I am pleased to announce that I am putting this board on my back do.

    Mr. Electric is dead and I have risen. A new e-god stands before you. I will answer your draft prospect prayers. I will strike ye with fire when I disagree.

    Fire setting should not be taken seriously. I value everyone's opinion unless it is flat-out horrible. I could careless if you disagree with my views on a specific player. I will stick to my guns 'til the end.

    Debating is what message boards are for. So bring it on, JI. I'm willing and able. I will bring the noise on every occasion.

    Starting now, you can search the interwebs for hours and not find a better place to talk about this team and the draft.

    I have tons of respect for my boys over on the "other" site. They do a hell of a job running that draft forum. I urge you to check out what they have to say too. ...but they should know by now that I believe I am the be-all-end-all of football knowledge. You won't find anybody better.

    I will tone it down a bit over here. I'm here strictly to feed my football talk fix.

    If you have questions about a prospect, team needs, or anything college football or draft related, don't be afraid to ask. The DIAF, F days are over. I still have an unlimited supply of gasoline and matches though.

    Looking forward to dealing with a new group of draft-heads,

    Anton "Electric" Chigurh
    okay, i'll bite. assume we have the number 20 pick in this years draft and both these guys are still on the board, who do you take?

    Melvin Ingram - DE/OLB - South Carolina - 6'2'' 276lbs

    or

    Jarvis Jones, OLB - Georgia 6'3'' 245 lbs

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Maury77 View Post
    Are you Mr. Electric from the "other" site? If so, welcome aboard! I always enjoyed your posts in the past.
    Tis I.

    Thank you, sir.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by nycuse View Post
    okay, i'll bite. assume we have the number 20 pick in this years draft and both these guys are still on the board, who do you take?

    Melvin Ingram - DE/OLB - South Carolina - 6'2'' 276lbs

    or

    Jarvis Jones, OLB - Georgia 6'3'' 245 lbs
    I'm taking Melvin Ingram and I'd never look back.

    I am a Gamecock, so I'm a little biased, but Ingram's versatility would be huge in Rex Ryan's multiple front scheme. Ingram is a game-changer. I've heard rumors that his hands are better than every tight end on Carolina's roster.

    Jarvis Jones is an important player on a very good SEC defense, but if he stayed at USC, he'd be a backup right now (*my point is, he's not a top prospect at the position). Nick Perry is USC's best pass rusher and he's a guy I'd strongly consider if I were Mike Tannenbaum.

    Perry's a forgotten player because the Trojans can't contend for anything until next year. This kid is going to kill it at the combine.

    As of right now, if I had to rank 34 OLBs, Jarvis Jones would be outside of the top five. I don't know if he's big enough to be an every-down backer in Ryan's scheme. I feel like he'd be a liability in the run game, just like Aaron Maybin and Jamaal Westerman.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Anton Chigurh View Post
    i tend to agree with you but i've heard some bad things about his motor....takes plays off. you dont hear this about jarvis. my thought was that if you take jarvis and give him some time with a nfl workout regimine he'd be up to 265 or so and able to play against the run.

  7. #7
    how about this one. Is there a safety worth taking in the first round and a half? I watched the USC game and wasnt super impressed with TJ McDonald.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by nycuse View Post
    i tend to agree with you but i've heard some bad things about his motor....takes plays off. you dont hear this about jarvis. my thought was that if you take jarvis and give him some time with a nfl workout regimine he'd be up to 265 or so and able to play against the run.
    I'm interested to know where you heard that.

    Ingram is relentless. He's one of the hardest working players in the country. The kid's switched positions about thirty times and never complained. He just shuts up, suits up, and comes to play.

    I hear ya, but...

    The Jets can't keep bringing in these players that need to be coached up. We need immediate contributors. We can't compete at a high level when the majority of our draft picks are healthy scratches. We've seen that happen way too much under Rex Ryan: Shonn Greene, Vladimir Ducasse, Joe McKnight, Bilal Powell, Kenrick Ellis.

    This team is not strong enough to keep bringing in project picks and role players. The front office needs to find some starters.

    Muhammed Wilkerson is a baller. He's had a great year so far and a lot of fans aren't really giving him that much credit. We need more immediate contributors like Big Mo.

    Courtney Upshaw and Nick Perry are two top prospects being coached by guys that have done it at the pro-level. They are NFL ready prospects.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by nycuse View Post
    how about this one. Is there a safety worth taking in the first round and a half? I watched the USC game and wasnt super impressed with TJ McDonald.
    No, there's not.

    In fact, there's not a single safety in this draft class that would be an upgrade over Eric Smith and/or Jimmy Leonhard. It's a damn shame that one of our biggest needs is a safety.

    This is not a good year for teams that need safeties or tight ends. The classes are incredibly weak.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Anton Chigurh View Post
    The Jets can't keep bringing in these players that need to be coached up. We need immediate contributors. We can't compete at a high level when the majority of our draft picks are healthy scratches. We've seen that happen way too much under Rex Ryan: Shonn Greene, Vladimir Ducasse, Joe McKnight, Bilal Powell, Kenrick Ellis.

    This team is not strong enough to keep bringing in project picks and role players. The front office needs to find some starters.

    Muhammed Wilkerson is a baller. He's had a great year so far and a lot of fans aren't really giving him that much credit. We need more immediate contributors like Big Mo.

    Courtney Upshaw and Nick Perry are two top prospects being coached by guys that have done it at the pro-level. They are NFL ready prospects.
    I posted this in response to folks that want to draft a RT to replace Hunter. Unless it is one of our top picks we're not going to find a RT that is ready to start in the NFL.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by nycuse View Post
    I posted this in response to folks that want to draft a RT to replace Hunter. Unless it is one of our top picks we're not going to find a RT that is ready to start in the NFL.
    Is that thread in the main forum? I'm still trying to find my way around this site.

    I believe we can find a right tackle that can at least compete with Wayne Hunter in the second or third round.

    The front office's top priority should be fixing the offense.

    First we have to get rid of Brian Schottenheimer and then we have to protect Mark Sanchez better, or else he'll become the second coming of David Carr: a shell-shocked mess with loads of talent.

    Georgia's Cordy Glenn and a couple of the Wisconsin linemen would be good fits here. They are powerful run blockers with more power than Wayne Hunter.

  12. #12
    All League
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The Bronx, USA
    Posts
    4,855
    I have two


    What are the chances the upcoming QB draft class disappoints?


    Who can the Jets pick for help at RT?

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Anton Chigurh View Post
    Is that thread in the main forum? I'm still trying to find my way around this site.

    I believe we can find a right tackle that can at least compete with Wayne Hunter in the second or third round.

    The front office's top priority should be fixing the offense.

    First we have to get rid of Brian Schottenheimer and then we have to protect Mark Sanchez better, or else he'll become the second coming of David Carr: a shell-shocked mess with loads of talent.

    Georgia's Cordy Glenn and a couple of the Wisconsin linemen would be good fits here. They are powerful run blockers with more power than Wayne Hunter.
    yup. its in the Wayne Hunter thread. also, it's not enough to get rid of schottenheimer. cavanaugh has to go too.

  14. #14
    All League
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The Bronx, USA
    Posts
    4,855
    Question 2 answered. Thanks

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by BRONX JET View Post
    I have two


    What are the chances the upcoming QB draft class disappoints?


    Who can the Jets pick for help at RT?
    the usc left tackle is a stud, but we'd have to burn a first rounder on him and i'd rather use that on a stud olb or game changing wr.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by BRONX JET View Post
    What are the chances the upcoming QB draft class disappoints?
    It really depends on who comes out, but I'm a big fan of Andrew Luck.

    He's the best quarterback prospect to come out since Carson Palmer. That picked worked out extremely well until he took that cheapshot in the playoffs a few years back.

    Matt Barkley, Robert Griffin III, and Landry Jones are all top talents.

    I feel like at least three of the top five players at the position will do well at the next level.

    So, no...I don't think it will disappoint.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by nycuse View Post
    the usc left tackle is a stud, but we'd have to burn a first rounder on him and i'd rather use that on a stud olb or game changing wr.
    Matt Kalil, Jonathan Martin, and Reilly Reiff are all studs. Two of the three could go in the top ten.

    Using a first rounder on a top-tier offensive line prospect wouldn't be a bad thing, because without quality protection, our franchise player (Sanchez) will fail.

    This draft is loaded at outside backer. I feel like we could land a dangerous pass rusher in the second round. The same goes for a receiver.

    If Alshon Jeffery and Justin Blackmon are off the board, then we should sit and wait for one to fall to us in a later round. I truly believe some teams will find starting caliber wideouts in the third round. That's how loaded this year's class will be.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Anton Chigurh View Post
    Is that thread in the main forum? I'm still trying to find my way around this site.

    I believe we can find a right tackle that can at least compete with Wayne Hunter in the second or third round.

    The front office's top priority should be fixing the offense.

    First we have to get rid of Brian Schottenheimer and then we have to protect Mark Sanchez better
    , or else he'll become the second coming of David Carr: a shell-shocked mess with loads of talent.

    Georgia's Cordy Glenn and a couple of the Wisconsin linemen would be good fits here. They are powerful run blockers with more power than Wayne Hunter.
    Thank god, we needed another voice of sanity in here.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Anton Chigurh View Post
    No, there's not.

    In fact, there's not a single safety in this draft class that would be an upgrade over Eric Smith and/or Jimmy Leonhard. It's a damn shame that one of our biggest needs is a safety.

    This is not a good year for teams that need safeties or tight ends. The classes are incredibly weak.
    I simply can't believe that. The CFL has better safeties than Eric Smith (yeah I'm down on the dude in a major way). At the very very least we have to find a big college CB to convert into a cover safety. As long as the jets have those slugs trying to cover people they will get picked on badly.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Maury77 View Post
    Thank god, we needed another voice of sanity in here.
    To fix the offense we need to have a time machine and get our WR's back. The jets o-line has been suspect at times this year for sure but we have been spoiled by a top 3 o-line for about 3 years. We need to shore up RT to a point where it won't be a liability, perhaps in free agency.

    Sanchez had a top 3 oline the two previous years and other than the playoffs he was mediocre.

    I look around at other teams in this league and see lots of good qb play with not ideal o-line play.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us