Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I will take this draft forum to new heights...

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    I simply can't believe that. The CFL has better safeties than Eric Smith (yeah I'm down on the dude in a major way). At the very very least we have to find a big college CB to convert into a cover safety. As long as the jets have those slugs trying to cover people they will get picked on badly.
    i watched usc yesterday. i wasnt overly impressed with tj mcdonald who is supposed to be the first safety drafted. IMHO, hes an improvement over leohnard athletically and in coverage. hes also better in coverage and more athletically gifted than eric smith. smith is a bigger hitter and better tackler. leohnard is a surere tackler and smarter.

that being said, i dont think he is there when we draft in the second round and i dont think he is worth a first round pick.

All League
    Anton,

Glad to see you have resurfaced in another draft forum and we can continue to talk about our passion...everything NFL draft releated.

Quote Originally Posted by WW85 View Post
    Anton,

Glad to see you have resurfaced in another draft forum and we can continue to talk about our passion...everything NFL draft releated.
    That's Mr. E to you, my friend.

I have quite a bit of resurfacing left to do. Until then...this is where you'll find me.

where do you think michael floyd should go (mid first, late first, second, etc)

not including blackmon, who is the best wideout in the draft, if floyd is on the board should the jets jump at him or is his route running a real concern (something i heard elsewhere)

Quote Originally Posted by chrebetCT1192 View Post
    where do you think michael floyd should go (mid first, late first, second, etc)

not including blackmon, who is the best wideout in the draft, if floyd is on the board should the jets jump at him or is his route running a real concern (something i heard elsewhere)
    I think Alshon Jeffery is the best pro prospect at wideout.

Justin Blackmon will go higher unless he runs a garbage 40 time. His production is much better and he's more of a game-breaker.

With Ryan Broyles suffering a serious knee injury, Mike Floyd is my third rated wideout.

Blackmon and Jeffery will likely go in the top ten to twelve picks. Floyd should be the next to go. ...so mid-first is my best guess.

Jets Insider VIP
    welcome aboard, Mr E

why did those tools ban you over there?

Anton - congrats on your work in NCFOM, you sicko.

Am interested in fellow Aussie Jesse Williams from Alabama - admittedly there is not much to go on in terms of he's just started his college career, but is he any shot at an NFL career injuries aside?

BTW - is it true your haircut precluded you from "getting it" during production for the movie?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Quote Originally Posted by Anton Chigurh View Post
    Matt Kalil, Jonathan Martin, and Reilly Reiff are all studs. Two of the three could go in the top ten.
    welcome to the forum

my critiques:

Reiff is not a stud, he's more of a mid rounder. a little overrated right now Bulaga and gallery were way better prospects out of Iowa. he probably fits in with Barrett Jones, Marcel Jones etc more than the elite LT types.

Melvin Ingram is a great player, how he transitions to the 3-4 is a mystery. He looks kinda awkward standing up. Courtney Upshaw from Alabama is a way easier projection (as he plays in that system)

Ryan Broyles was never a 1st rounder, even before he was hurt (he's like a cotchery)
    Last edited by bitonti; 11-21-2011 at 11:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nycuse View Post
    i watched usc yesterday. i wasnt overly impressed with tj mcdonald who is supposed to be the first safety drafted. IMHO, hes an improvement over leohnard athletically and in coverage. hes also better in coverage and more athletically gifted than eric smith. smith is a bigger hitter and better tackler. leohnard is a surere tackler and smarter.

that being said, i dont think he is there when we draft in the second round and i dont think he is worth a first round pick.
    I'm certainly not suggesting we pick one early or reach if the value is not there but I'd like to see us use one if not more than one pick on that position. You really increase your chances if you pick two, ala maddox and rhodes a few yaars back.

All Pro
    I think Alshon Jeffery is the best pro prospect at wideout.

Justin Blackmon will go higher unless he runs a garbage 40 time. His production is much better and he's more of a game-breaker.

With Ryan Broyles suffering a serious knee injury, Mike Floyd is my third rated wideout.

Blackmon and Jeffery will likely go in the top ten to twelve picks. Floyd should be the next to go. ...so mid-first is my best guess.
    Maybe if he doesn't eat himself out of the league...

Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    Reiff is not a stud, he's more of a mid rounder. a little overrated right now Bulaga and gallery were way better prospects out of Iowa. he probably fits in with Barrett Jones, Marcel Jones etc more than the elite LT types.
    Reiff would be a huge upgrade over Hunter.

If Wisconsin's Ricky Wagner comes out, he'll jump ahead of Reiff in my rankings.

Melvin Ingram is a great player, how he transitions to the 3-4 is a mystery. He looks kinda awkward standing up. Courtney Upshaw from Alabama is a way easier projection (as he plays in that system)
    Ingram plays a lot of linebacker in certain situations for the Gamecocks.

South Carolina's used a ton of different schemes over the years and Ingram has been a huge part of their ability to be so versatile. Playing more four man fronts this year makes too much sense with Clowney and Taylor playing end. They are both outstanding talents at end.

Ingram plays tackle, end, and linebacker this year. He'd be a huge weapon for Rex Ryan.

Courtney Upshaw is definitely the better prospect, but saying he's an easier project isn't fair.

Ryan Broyles was never a 1st rounder, even before he was hurt (he's like a cotchery)
    I do not like that comparison at all.

Broyles reminds me a lot of Reggie Wayne.

Ryan Broyles is the black Wes Welker.

Couple questions:

1) What is your impression on Sanchez's long term prospects? What do you think is his upside?

2) Is the protection issue Schotty related at all or is it mostly a lack of talent up front?

3) Is Dwight Jones out of UNC a deep threat at all? Possible 2nd rounder at all?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by TheMo View Post
    1) What is your impression on Sanchez's long term prospects? What do you think is his upside?

2) Is the protection issue Schotty related at all or is it mostly a lack of talent up front?
    I'm going to answer the first two together.

Mark Sanchez will not be successful if he's not protected. If the front office decides to get their heads out of their asses and build around this kid, he'll do fine.

I do not blame Schottenheimer for the offensive line woes. Nick Mangold's injury hurt the cohesion of the line, but Wayne Hunter and Matthew Mulligan are swiss cheese on the right side.

Greene is also getting a ton of reps over LT in pass-pro situations and he's inconsistent.

The front office needs to stop trying to make big splashes and build around Mark Sanchez. He's never had the same receiving corps since he's been here. It's constantly changing and that's not going to end well.

3)Is Dwight Jones out of UNC a deep threat at all? Possible 2nd rounder at all?
    Jones is incredibly underrated right now. He could sneak into the first round come draft time.

His combination of size and speed is scary. He definitely has the ability to stretch out defenses.
    Last edited by Anton Chigurh; 11-24-2011 at 07:37 PM.

I don't post here often but I want to give you guys a heads up that Electric might be crazy. He will come to see himself as the lord of this draft forum...probably did within a couple of minutes when everyone just bought in and started asking questions.

Electric, I look forward to future debates for now until we get there and you go all Electric. Even then, it will be enjoyable.

*does something cool with cape and leaves*

Quote Originally Posted by Much ado about Nothing View Post
    I don't post here often but I want to give you guys a heads up that Electric might be crazy. He will come to see himself as the lord of this draft forum...probably did within a couple of minutes when everyone just bought in and started asking questions.

Electric, I look forward to future debates for now until we get there and you go all Electric. Even then, it will be enjoyable.

Oh I have no problem debating with him, assuming his avatar has always been I believe I already have called him out. No person is infallible. Is CBNY still here? He was pretty on point.

Edit: Just saw he posted in another thread

Quote Originally Posted by TheMo View Post
    Oh I have no problem debating with him, assuming his avatar has always been I believe I already have called him out. No person is infallible. Is CBNY still here? He was pretty on point.

Edit: Just saw he posted in another thread
    All the old guys are starting to come out of the woodwork. Who is next? GGI? RJF?

Cool story, bro.

Cool story, bro.
    New heights!

No seriously I'm excited to see how your crazy translates here. I remember TGG pretty well and man would this place be different from what I know if they put up with half that crap. So, they banned you over there? One ego-plosion too many? What height was their draft forum when you left?

I was thinking of maybe not being so much into the draft this year....Now, not so much.

New heights!

No seriously I'm excited to see how your crazy translates here. I remember TGG pretty well and man would this place be different from what I know if they put up with half that crap. So, they banned you over there? One ego-plosion too many? What height was their draft forum when you left?
    This is the internet. Something that you take too seriously. Playing along with an egotistical internet persona is much more fun than arguing with him.

It was so entertaining for me to be Mr. Electric and mind**** the masses on that site.

When Mr. Electric was banned, that entire site fell off its rocker. It was the start of something incredibly hilarious...a downfall of sorts.

You had to be there.

It's too bad that I had so much pull over there that you were perma-banned way before everything exciting happened.

I was thinking of maybe not being so much into the draft this year....Now, not so much.
    New heights, babbie.