Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: I will take this draft forum to new heights...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    What's up man....I'm a Gamecock as well (graduated last December)

Since it's such a horrible safety class, any chance a top-tier CB could be converted to safety.....I know it's usually a waste to do that, but I believe that Eric Smith is completely awful.....Who could project well?

Just curious about how a few of my favorite Gamecocks project to the NFL as well:

Safety DJ Swearinger (The man, although he will be in next year's class)

OLB/DE Devin Taylor (Heard he's staying for his senior year)

What position Melvin Ingram would fit best in the pros (I think 3-4 OLB or strongside DE in a 4-3)

Could Antonio Allen be a fit for the Jets defense at all (I think he could fill in for Eric Smith depending on his combine numbers, but probably more of a 4-3 OLB)....Unreal playmaker as you know

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by King Koopa View Post
    What's up man....I'm a Gamecock as well (graduated last December)

Since it's such a horrible safety class, any chance a top-tier CB could be converted to safety.....I know it's usually a waste to do that, but I believe that Eric Smith is completely awful.....Who could project well?

Just curious about how a few of my favorite Gamecocks project to the NFL as well:

Safety DJ Swearinger (The man, although he will be in next year's class)

OLB/DE Devin Taylor (Heard he's staying for his senior year)

What position Melvin Ingram would fit best in the pros (I think 3-4 OLB or strongside DE in a 4-3)

Could Antonio Allen be a fit for the Jets defense at all (I think he could fill in for Eric Smith depending on his combine numbers, but probably more of a 4-3 OLB)....Unreal playmaker as you know
    To answer your first question, I think Carolina's Stephon Gilmore can make the switch from corner to safety.

Swearinger is a baller. I knew he was going to be a diamond in the rough back when USC was recruiting him.

Devin Taylor is supposedly staying, so our defensive line will be in good shape next year. That's a lot of length out their at end with Taylor and Clowney. Good luck throwing over them all game...

Melvin Ingram is a jack-of-all-trades. I think he'll find success wherever he ends, no matter what position. That kid could play fullback and do it right.

Antonio Allen is a beast. He'd be an upgrade over Eric Smith. He's a serious sleeper in this draft class. I don't think he's heavy enough to play linebacker in the NFL. He's got to be an in-the-box safety. Darian Stewart is quietly having a good year in St. Louis. He played the same position (the SPUR) that Allen plays for Carolina now. He'll definitely have to run well to get drafted in a decent spot - if he runs in the 4.5s, he'll be just fine.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Anton Chigurh View Post
    To answer your first question, I think Carolina's Stephon Gilmore can make the switch from corner to safety.

Swearinger is a baller. I knew he was going to be a diamond in the rough back when USC was recruiting him.

Devin Taylor is supposedly staying, so our defensive line will be in good shape next year. That's a lot of length out their at end with Taylor and Clowney. Good luck throwing over them all game...

Melvin Ingram is a jack-of-all-trades. I think he'll find success wherever he ends, no matter what position. That kid could play fullback and do it right.

Antonio Allen is a beast. He'd be an upgrade over Eric Smith. He's a serious sleeper in this draft class. I don't think he's heavy enough to play linebacker in the NFL. He's got to be an in-the-box safety. Darian Stewart is quietly having a good year in St. Louis. He played the same position (the SPUR) that Allen plays for Carolina now. He'll definitely have to run well to get drafted in a decent spot - if he runs in the 4.5s, he'll be just fine.
    I was actually thinking about Gilmore when I asked my first question.....I think he would do great as a coverage safety in the NFL. He can blitz well and is a damn good tackler for a DB

Pretty much agree with everything above, however I think Antonio Allen could play OLB in a Cover 2 4-3 (Think old Bucs defense)

But yeah, it would be awesome if we drafted him as a SS......Would certainly be an upgrade over Eric Smith

Regarding the Gamecocks, I was a freshman there when Spurrier first got there, and it's really amazing how much improvement I've seen in the program over the years. We have a great future and should be one of, if not the favorite to win the SEC East for years to come.....The Capital One bowl is awesome for us, but actually winning our bowl game for a change would be nice though to keep the momentum going