Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Car/SUV recommendations

[QUOTE=GMCJETS;4245042]You should be able to find what your looking for here.

[url]http://www.earthroamer.com/[/url][/QUOTE]

test drove it yesterday. Didn't like the microwave.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Lol dammit Stokes

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Bonhomme Richard;4245062]Also huge with lesbians.[/QUOTE]

Scan the board.

_

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Bonhomme Richard;4245064]Lol dammit Stokes[/QUOTE]

:D

_

[QUOTE=escamoter2;4245063]test drove it yesterday. Didn't like the microwave.[/QUOTE]

Im sure they will exchange it for a toaster oven or a wine chiller. :D

I didn't read the thread and not sure what your price range is since you didn't specify but we just leased a Touareg (TDI) and I fargin' love this thing.

Sadly, no snow tests down here in Tejas but it's a tank.

Only gaffe thus far is the wife pulling into a gas station with no diesel pump and calling me wondering if it was okay 'just this once'... :rolleyes:

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=FF2®;4244957]The mind races.

Room for perps? :confused:

Mums?[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Timmy®;4245017]for trips to Liquor-World?

:eek:

:have_a_co

[SIZE="1"](rarely used have a cone guy)[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

F u and F u

+1

-

[QUOTE=AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite;4245085]I didn't read the thread and not sure what your price range is since you didn't specify but we just leased a Touareg (TDI) and I fargin' love this thing.

Sadly, no snow tests down here in Tejas but it's a tank.

Only gaffe thus far is the wife pulling into a gas station with no diesel pump and calling me wondering if it was okay 'just this once'... :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

A diesel Touareg whats the window sticker on that?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite;4245085]IOnly gaffe thus far is the wife pulling into a gas station with no diesel pump and calling me wondering if it was okay 'just this once'... :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Lmao....she's obviously heard that kind of reasoning from you before.

"just this once"

:D

[QUOTE=GMCJETS;4245092]A diesel Touareg whats the window sticker on that?[/QUOTE]

Just shy of $54 for ours but no chance I buy it out obv...

[QUOTE=32green;4245095]Lmao....she's obviously heard that kind of reasoning from you before.

"just this once"

:D[/QUOTE]

I got away with 'just the tip' a few times...

Perhaps she evolved my phrase.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

[QUOTE=GMCJETS;4245024]BMW stands for Bring My Wallet when its time for repairs.[/QUOTE]

Welcome to the '10's. Read carefully. BMW owners pay nothing. Wiper blades? Free. Oil changes? Free. Transmission replacement? Free.)

[IMG]http://cache.bmwusa.com/image_1a55b7c3-dc80-4837-98ae-e6fe4be78a2f.arox?v=7b11009b-d5cf-4672-831b-fdb1f8248adf[/IMG]

We design extraordinary cars. It only seems right to offer a service plan to match.

BMW offers a comprehensive suite of premium vehicle maintenance services for absolutely no cost: buy a BMW now and pay no maintenance costs for 4 years or 50,000 miles, whichever comes first.

Featuring the following services, BMW Ultimate Service lives up to its name:

New Vehicle/SAV Limited Warranty: This warranty covers defects in materials or workmanship for the first four years or 50,000 miles, whichever comes first, so you can rest assured your BMW will perform as expected.

BMW Maintenance Program: One of the most comprehensive maintenance programs in its class, covering all factory-recommended maintenance services during the New Vehicle/SAV Limited Warranty Coverage Period, as well as specific items that require replacement due to normal wear and tear, such as brake pads, brake discs and wiper blade inserts.

Four years of the BMW Assist Safety Plan: Many 2007 and later models include a four-year, unlimited mileage subscription to the BMW Assist Safety Plan including TeleService, an exclusive BMW benefit which allows your vehicle to contact your BMW center directly when it needs service or maintenance.

Unlimited-Mileage Roadside Assistance: Receive Roadside Assistance 24 hours a day, 365 days a year for the first four years of ownership, without any mileage limitation.

It's a service plan so advanced, it's even equipped with peace-of-mind. So while many car owners will incur from several hundred to over one thousand dollars of maintenance or repair costs during the first 4 years they own their vehicles, you pay nothing for the first 4 years or 50,000 miles.

After all, an Ultimate Driving Machine® - and its driver - deserve nothing less than BMW Ultimate Service.

(I haven't paid for a wiper blade or an oil change since 2005)

SAR I

[QUOTE=SAR I;4245133]
    (I haven't paid for a wiper blade or an oil change since 2005)

SAR I[/QUOTE]

What changed in '05 :i_dont_kn:P

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

[QUOTE=AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite;4245137]What changed in '05 [/QUOTE]

Was still in my stupid Acura phase.

SAR I

[QUOTE=escamoter2;4244866]Wondering if anybody has any recommendations for cars/SUVs that are good in the snow. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Quattro paired with Blizzaks has never let me down. Actually I'll look forward to a monster snow storm so I can have the roads to myself!

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=j.man;4245169]Quattro paired with Blizzaks has never let me down. Actually I'll look forward to a monster snow storm so I can have the roads to myself![/QUOTE]

Audi Quattro + Blizzaks would get you across Antarctica safely and on schedule.

[QUOTE=j.man;4245169]Quattro paired with Blizzaks has never let me down. Actually I'll look forward to a monster snow storm so I can have the roads to myself![/QUOTE]

I'm looking forward to that too.

All League
    my family and i have the coolest looking minivan!!! its a 2007 mazda5 . have had it brand new and its never given us any problems whatsoever. my only gripe would be that this model year does not have the rear a/c option. they fixed this for the 2008 model. :D

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=SAR I;4245012]Fine.

If you're on-the-cheap, lease one of these or one of these:

[IMG]http://autocar-zone.com/images/2011/10/2012-Honda-Accord-Sedan-EX-L-V-6-5-Spd-AT-with-Navigation-System-Angular-Front-Image-580x435.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://www.carsrelease.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/2012-Honda-Pilot.jpg[/IMG]

If you've got a little coin, lease one of these or these:

[IMG]http://cdn.egmcartech.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/2011_bmw_5_series_images_main.jpg?9707a5[/IMG]

[IMG]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-s6l0Jsfqidk/Tau6KewATUI/AAAAAAAABps/gaIM82cWFLk/s1600/2012-bmw-x5-changes-Front-Side-View.jpg[/IMG]

You get a Honda or you get a BMW. Nothing else really matters. Accord or 5 Series. Pilot or X5. "Good value" quality or "Executive class" quality, pick your poison and be done with it. We're making a decision tonight, get the calculator ready. These are the must-have snow cars.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

Subarus and Toyotas own these cars in the snow.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

[QUOTE=SAR I;4245153]Was still in my stupid Acura phase.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

That's when I entered my Acura phase. Difference is though is that I got an MDX in 05' and still have it. Runs great - will probably have it another 5 years easy. Don't have any inclination to drive a new car.

But, as one of those suckers who takes his car in to the dealer to get serviced, I've paid a fortune in maintenance over the years.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

[QUOTE=crasherino;4245320]That's when I entered my Acura phase. Difference is though is that I got an MDX in 05' and still have it. Runs great - will probably have it another 5 years easy. Don't have any inclination to drive a new car.

But, as one of those suckers who takes his car in to the dealer to get serviced, I've paid a fortune in maintenance over the years.[/QUOTE]

My epiphany was in '05 when I realized that for $50 a month more than an Acura I could lease a BMW and get it's 100% coverage service plan which was worth it on peace of mind alone, not to mention the status-factor.

The main difference is in car size and toys. Acura gives you the size of a 5 Series at a 3 Series price, throws in lots of fun options at no charge. I decided to live without the 2" of shoulder room and the 4" of body-length and pick just a few of the gadgets that I really needed. Haven't looked back since.

There comes a point where you just want to drive a nicer car, don't want something too pedestrian. When I lived in the NYC area I drove Honda's as they were practical and safe. When I made a little coin I upgraded to Acura's. But when the money started to roll in and I left for NE, twas only a few bucks a month to put me in a BMW and it's 'practicality' comes in the form of the service cost (nothing).

SAR I