Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vince Young

Looks like Young is channeling his texas days now

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by GMCJETS View Post
    Lets see what hes got tonight. He should be available next year I had high expectations for him coming out of college. Hes big with a strong arm and not afraid to run the ball. Go ahead and bash im ready!
    You are a huge douche

my first ban is worth me personally attacking you dickbag

phuck you douchbag, sick of your childlike act already

go blow a dog

you non knowing football assclown
    Last edited by jetsnrangers; 11-21-2011 at 12:13 AM.

"Vince Young is awful", "Never was" "Less accurate than Tebow"

Yet he beat the Giants.

Young will probably have a starting job somewhere next season. I don't think the Jets are going to bring him in to compete with Sanchez.

Quote Originally Posted by jetsnrangers View Post
    You are a huge douche

go blow a dog

Thank You must really be a Chargers fan

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    It's a really crappy INT when Sanchez throws one in the endzone, but when Vince Young does it?

Wow, this guy sucks.

And he's dumb as a stump.

Got like a 1 on the Wonderlick.

_
    Young got a 6

Vinny Testaverde got a 17

Ryan Fitzpatrick 48

Total number of Super Bowls for all three 0

All League
    Lets see what hes got tonight. He should be available next year I had high expectations for him coming out of college. Hes big with a strong arm and not afraid to run the ball. Go ahead and bash im ready!
    As a Univ of Texas graduate, I am big fan of Vince Young since he single handedly won us a National Championship. If you look at his record as a pro, it is actually pretty good. He won a lot of regular season games and a few playoff games. Much better than Kevin Kolb's record.

Having said that, he clearly had an "issue" in TN last year and hasn't been healthy this year. Nevertheless, he has physical talents that justify taking a risk on him.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Gangrene View Post
    Young got a 6

Vinny Testaverde got a 17

Ryan Fitzpatrick 48

Total number of Super Bowls for all three 0
    Vince Young had a 30-17 record in the NFL prior to this year. Considering what is out there, he isn't a bad option.

BTW - HOF QB's without Super Bowl Rings include Dan Marino and Jim Kelly. How many teams in the NFL would love to have a young version of them behind center.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by jetsnrangers View Post
    You are a huge douche

go blow a dog

seriously?

fellas, use your heads there is no way this type of post can be tolerated

All League
    WELP, VY won the game didn't he?

Against those big, bad, bruising Giants right?

I am not getting involved in the bring VY to NYJ talk but the guy won last night, that's all I am going to say...

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Digetydog View Post
    Vince Young had a 30-17 record in the NFL prior to this year. Considering what is out there, he isn't a bad option.

BTW - HOF QB's without Super Bowl Rings include Dan Marino and Jim Kelly. How many teams in the NFL would love to have a young version of them behind center.
    I'm not knocking Young that's my point, intelligence is not guarantee of a SB.

In the right environment Young could do well but he obviously has a fragile psyche - you gotta be able to take the downs as well as the ups in the NFL.

Opened thread and stopped reading here. The guy throws like a girl who just broke her throwing arm and is forced to throw with her weaker arm.

Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    Opened thread and stopped reading here. The guy throws like a girl who just broke her throwing arm and is forced to throw with her weaker arm.
    VY normally has zip to his passes, but last night he basically lobbed up every pass not sure what that was about

Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    +1.

I think the Pfail Strip has found it's new Schroy.

_
    how do you know it's not Schroy in disguise?

No... not even Schroy would say that Thomas Jones has been better than LT over the last 2 years. That takes a truly special kind of poster.

Quote Originally Posted by Digetydog View Post

Young is a good QB. The arguments pro and con regarding VY are similar to those for Sanchez.

Pro - mobile, clutch, comes through in big spots

Con - not great statistically, inconsistent, inaccurate

Obviously Young is more of a runner than Sanchez and Sanchez is more of a thrower. That said I certainly wouldn't mind seeing a QB competition between the two but I don't think it's going to happen. young will get a starting job from either Cowboys, Cards, Jags, Dolphins or Redskins.

I'd rather have Orton or Campbell.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    how do you know it's not Schroy in disguise?

No... not even Schroy would say that Thomas Jones has been better than LT over the last 2 years. That takes a truly special kind of poster.
    Or suggesting that since we sat our pass rushers against a non-throwing Tebow, why didn't we sit Revis also.

A special poster alright.

_

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthTown View Post
    WELP, VY won the game didn't he?

Against those big, bad, bruising Giants right?

I am not getting involved in the bring VY to NYJ talk but the guy won last night, that's all I am going to say...
    It's funny, Sanchez wins a game and throws one INT and he gets crucified for staring down his receivers and throwing killer INTs.

Vince Young wins a game yet throws 3 of the worst INTs imaginable, is missing guys by 5 yards, but maybe he should bring him in.

Got it.

_

I didnt see 1 pick 6 and the Eagles won.

Agree but Young doesnt run around like a rag doll he runs for yardage and he doesnt throw pick 6s.
    ok so then you dont agree? also pick 6's have to do with the play call as well...yes the QB makes the decision but pick 6's have a lot of factors outside of the QBs control such as the route, the defensive play call etc..

if you call quick routes against a zone coverage and dont execute that you will get a pick 6.

I didnt see 1 pick 6 and the Eagles won.
    dont make me show you pick 6s vince young has thrown in his career let alone this season...i can think of 2 this year off the top of my head.