Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 40

Thread: Vince Young

  1. #1

    Vince Young

    Lets see what hes got tonight. He should be available next year I had high expectations for him coming out of college. Hes big with a strong arm and not afraid to run the ball. Go ahead and bash im ready!

  2. #2
    I am more of a VY fan then some and even I don't think he will do much. Not that I think Vick is better but this team is just not in the right frame of mind and I do not think Young has the extra leadership to kick start them. If he says "Dream Team" they will hang him. My guess is there will be 2 quarters of slow play then he will try to force one play and it all falls apart from there.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by GMCJETS View Post
    Lets see what hes got tonight. He should be available next year I had high expectations for him coming out of college. Hes big with a strong arm and not afraid to run the ball. Go ahead and bash im ready!
    Come on. You cant be a Sanchez basher can you? Imagine Young in NYC?
    The guy was suicidal in Tenn. Can you imagine him here in NYC? Wow that craziness is really nuts around here.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by LanceMehl View Post
    Come on. You cant be a Sanchez basher can you? Imagine Young in NYC?
    The guy was suicidal in Tenn. Can you imagine him here in NYC? Wow that craziness is really nuts around here.
    Im not a Sanchez basher. Im just looking out for whats best for my team.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by GMCJETS View Post
    Im not a Sanchez basher. Im just looking out for whats best for my team.
    if youre saying dump a guy we moved up in the draft to get, has played in 2 AFCCG's in his first 2 seasons and will be in his 4th year is the right move, then you clearly have no idea whats best for "your" team.

    especially dumping him for a guy who was on suicide watch on the Titans....

    speaking of guys on suicide watch you seem to want the Jets to sign every guy with a questionable mental past. First T.O. and now Vince Young...

    i see a trend emerging.

  6. #6
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Jerseystrong
    Posts
    18,952
    What is it with you and over the hill players.

    Moss, Owens, Young, etc.

    All these guys are has beens (and in Youngs case a never was).

  7. #7
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Bergen County, NJ
    Posts
    20,115
    Wow Vince Young looks like crap tonite.

    He's less accurate than Tebow.

    _

  8. #8
    I hate to sound like a jerk but anyone who thinks that Young would be an upgrade over Sanchez clearly has no clue about football. Simple as that.

  9. #9
    Look around the league guys. Big strong armed QBs who can run getting the job done.

    2 AFC Championship games are not a Super Bowl anyway you look at it.

    Im not bashing Sanchez as most have done im just mentioning Vince Young.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by LanceMehl View Post
    I hate to sound like a jerk but anyone who thinks that Young would be an upgrade over Sanchez clearly has no clue about football. Simple as that.
    Ok gloves off how so? No clue all week most of everyone here wants to kill Sanchez. Hes Mr. Pick 6 etc etc he cant manage a game, hes a choker etc etc.

    Sanchez and Young are pretty equal with the exception of arm strength,size and running ability.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by GMCJETS View Post
    Ok gloves off how so? No clue all week most of everyone here wants to kill Sanchez. Hes Mr. Pick 6 etc etc he cant manage a game, hes a choker etc etc.

    Sanchez and Young are pretty equal with the exception of arm strength,size and running ability.
    heres the difference. gloves off

    give vince young a clean pocket and he'll throw a pick

    give sanchez a clean pocket and he won't.

    almost all of sanchez's terrible plays have come as a result of being run around like a rag doll all day long. its really that simple.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by GMCJETS View Post
    Lets see what hes got tonight. He should be available next year I had high expectations for him coming out of college. Hes big with a strong arm and not afraid to run the ball. Go ahead and bash im ready!
    I agree the Jets should take a look at him next year. All indications from his career up until this point show that he has the mental toughness to play QB in the media capital of the US. If he was able to handle the pressure like a man the way he did in TN, no question he should be able to do it New york. Minus of course the reported missing, loaded gun in the car story, mom defending him in the media, and walking out a post game lockerroom speech by his head coach.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by jetglass View Post
    I agree the Jets should take a look at him next year. All indications from his career up until this point show that he has the mental toughness to play QB in the media capital of the US. If he was able to handle the pressure like a man the way he did in TN, no question he should be able to do it New york. Minus of course the reported missing, loaded gun in the car story, mom defending him in the media, and walking out a post game lockerroom speech by his head coach.
    Plax shot himself with a loaded gun we've seem to forgot about that......... Heres some Sanchez love..........
    http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=237213

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by TurkJetFan View Post
    heres the difference. gloves off

    give vince young a clean pocket and he'll throw a pick

    give sanchez a clean pocket and he won't.

    almost all of sanchez's terrible plays have come as a result of being run around like a rag doll all day long. its really that simple.
    Agree but Young doesnt run around like a rag doll he runs for yardage and he doesnt throw pick 6s.

  15. #15
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Bergen County, NJ
    Posts
    20,115
    It's a really crappy INT when Sanchez throws one in the endzone, but when Vince Young does it?

    Wow, this guy sucks.

    And he's dumb as a stump.

    Got like a 1 on the Wonderlick.

    _

  16. #16
    All League
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The Bronx, USA
    Posts
    4,793
    How many years does he have in the league already? No thanks. He stinks. 4 picks tonite. I'll take my chances with a young Sanchez

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    What is it with you and over the hill players.
    lol @ over the hill...

  18. #18
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Jerseystrong
    Posts
    18,952
    Vince Young would most likely be out of football if not for Andy Reid.

    Are you watching this game right now?

    Please, just stop.

    I am all for bringing in a veteran to push Sanchez next year, but there is more likely of a chance that Vince Young isn't on a NFL roster next year then him being on the Jets.

    Mods, for the love of sanity, what purpose does this awful thread serve. Put it out of its misery.

  19. #19
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Bergen County, NJ
    Posts
    20,115
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Vince Young would most likely be out of football if not for Andy Reid.

    Are you watching this game right now?

    Please, just stop.

    I am all for bringing in a veteran to push Sanchez next year, but there is more likely of a chance that Vince Young isn't on a NFL roster next year then him being on the Jets.

    Mods, for the love of sanity, what purpose does this awful thread serve. Put it out of its misery.
    +1.

    I think the Pfail Strip has found it's new Schroy.

    _

  20. #20
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Jerseystrong
    Posts
    18,952
    Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    +1.

    I think the Pfail Strip has found it's new Schroy.

    _
    GMCJETS makes Schroy seem like Jason.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us