Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Losing to Bills would be inexcusable at this point

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Borgoguy;4246182]Please, call him by his correct name: "Mr. Pick Six"[/QUOTE]

Senor Seis.

Ay caramba!

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=TurkJetFan;4245996]absolutely, but you could say the same for last week and arguably the week prior....

so while yes the jets should win this game im not expecting anything until they show me.[/QUOTE]

+1:yes:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    The whole excuseable/not excuseable thing is stupid after the last two weeks.

Persoanlly I think the Jets win this one because it is consistent with their historical pattern of breaking our hearts. Gotta get us all pumnped up again with a few wins so they can kill us all over again.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Even beating the Bills in a close one is inexcusable.

This needs to be a blowout to give me any hope of making the postseason.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Traitor Jay & the Woodies;4246293][B]Senor Seis.[/B]

Ay caramba![/QUOTE]

LOL! Me encanta. Bravo, TJ.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SlickBri481;4246007]The only way we could lose is if Sanchez turns it over a bunch[B] which I guess his possible[/B].

Our D should shut down a struggling Buffalo offense[/QUOTE] Don't u mean probable?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=TurkJetFan;4245996][B]absolutely, but you could say the same for last week and arguably the week prior....[/B]
    so while yes the jets should win this game im not expecting anything until they show me.[/QUOTE]

Not really.

I think most fans knew the Broncos game was a dangerous game in a tough spot, and while we had the Patriots at a good time, they're still the Patriots.

I agree with the OP -- we should murder the Bills, and I think we will. We murdered them not long ago when they weren't even in freefall (we pretty much started their freefall, and the 'Boys and Fish continued it).

We match up well, and they're in total collapse mode. We need to slaughter them.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Austin;4247392]Not really.

I think most fans knew the Broncos game was a dangerous game in a tough spot, and while we had the Patriots at a good time, they're still the Patriots.

I agree with the OP -- we should murder the Bills, and I think we will. We murdered them not long ago when they weren't even in freefall (we pretty much started their freefall, and the 'Boys and Fish continued it).

We match up well, and they're in total collapse mode. We need to slaughter them.[/QUOTE]

I agree. Alot of starters on on the Bills hurt. i think their guard is now playing center and he looked horrible last week.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SlickBri481;4245987]They're playing some awful football. This is exactly the opponent you want to see if you are the Jets, a team you match up well against that is also playing poorly.

Everything screams big win for Jets, yet why am I still a little bit nervous?[/QUOTE]

[url]http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=211230020[/url]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Austin;4247392]Not really.

We match up well, and they're in total collapse mode. We need to slaughter them.[/QUOTE]

BS.

The Pats game still inexcusable IMO...not because we lost but because the way we lost...and don't tell me we just got outplayed by the pats because I have about 6 self inflicted mistakes that say otherwise. now understand when i say, if the jets put forth the right effort and didn't shoot themselves in the face then the "inexcusable" tag would not be applied based on your logic...but thats not the case.

as for the Broncos, I don't care about short rest this and that. if that be the case the defense would of been gassed since they are the ones that likely would suffer the most...they weren't....the offense just didn't show up...totally inexcusable.

Pats game with the self inflicted errors and Broncos blunder are totally inexcusable.

A loss to the Bills would just be a continuation of what we've seen the last 2 weeks. This is the week to either right the ship or go down in flames.

bottom line is, if this team stops with the self mutilation and figures out how to score a few points on effense they are going to win a bunch of games.
    Last edited by TurkJetFan; 11-22-2011 at 10:19 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=TurkJetFan;4247905]BS.

The Pats game still inexcusable IMO...not because we lost but because the way we lost...and don't tell me we just got outplayed by the pats because I have about 6 self inflicted mistakes that say otherwise. now understand when i say, if the jets put forth the right effort and didn't shoot themselves in the face then the "inexcusable" tag would not be applied based on your logic...but thats not the case.

as for the Broncos, I don't care about short rest this and that. if that be the case the defense would of been gassed since they are the ones that likely would suffer the most...they weren't....the offense just didn't show up...totally inexcusable.

Pats game with the self inflicted errors and Broncos blunder are totally inexcusable.

A loss to the Bills would just be a continuation of what we've seen the last 2 weeks. This is the week to either right the ship or go down in flames.

bottom line is, if this team stops with the self mutilation and figures out how to score a few points on effense they are going to win a bunch of games.[/QUOTE]

+1

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    If we lost to the Bills, everything I posted this week would be retracted. I can't fathom losing to this team. Besides sucking, this is there 3rd road game in a row, nobody wins them. Forget Sanchez and whoever else would suck, I would question the big man and I am not prepared to think about losing confidence in Rex. He's not perfect, but damm, I love the way he coaches and handles his teams. I got us 8-5, never mind just this game

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Untouchable;4246860]Even beating the Bills in a close one is inexcusable.

This needs to be a blowout to give me any hope of making the postseason.[/QUOTE]

Sixty minutes, both sides of the ball. Clean game, no injuries, That's what we need. I want to see Brunell handing off in the middle of the 4th qtr. to our rookie RB.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [B][SIZE="6"]Bills place Donald Jones on injured reserve[/SIZE][/B]Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on November 22, 2011, 3:58 PM EST

Getty ImagesThe Bills have lost yet another starting player for the season.

The team placed Donald Jones on injured reserve on Tuesday with an ankle injury. Jones caught 23 passes for 231 yards in eight starts this year.

In theory, he was the best deep threat the Bills have. Buffalo has struggled to throw the ball down the field to anyone the last three weeks.

This Sunday feels like the last stand for this Bills team. They would still be in fine shape if they could get to 6-5 with a win on the road against the Jets.

There’s very little reason to think that will happen, but there was very little reason to think the Bills would start 3-0 too and they pulled that off.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Losing to the Bills will tell us a lot about this team. We seem to say that every week, don't we.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=tedtedthefootballhead;4247925]Losing to the Bills will tell us a lot about this team. We seem to say that every week, don't we.[/QUOTE]

we do but i think a loss in this one makes this a closed case.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Must win=loss.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=EM31;4246752]The whole excuseable/not excuseable thing is stupid after the last two weeks.

Persoanlly I think the Jets win this one because it is consistent with their historical pattern of breaking our hearts. Gotta get us all pumnped up again with a few wins so they can kill us all over again.[/QUOTE]

Dead right.

Anyone who thinks the Jets won't be 8-5 in three weeks doesn't know this team. They will give us the ray of hope by running the next three, and then will promptly get thrashed in Philly or (even worse) get embarrassed at "home" against the Giants the following week.

That might set up the 'must-win' scenario against Miami, where Brett Favre will be an honorary captain and revisit his motivational speech from the last game in '08 against the Fins:

"Guys, let's go out and play hard. If we win, great. If we don't, well, oh well."

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SlickBri481;4245987]They're playing some awful football. This is exactly the opponent you want to see if you are the Jets, a team you match up well against that is also playing poorly.

Everything screams big win for Jets, yet why am I still a little bit nervous?[/QUOTE]

...AND losing to the Raiders, Pats(second time at home no less), and Broncos was excusable? :rolleyes:

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Traitor Jay & the Woodies;4246115]The SOJ Report for this game is in. It reads the following;

[I]Buffalo 20, NYJ 17

Sanchez starts off okay but goes in the tank with three 2nd half turnovers. Folk misses 2 FGs. Defense gives it up when it matters most. Probably raining. Sucks to be you.[/I][/QUOTE]

So far, the SOJ report has almost everything right except the weather report. The SOJ Report apologizes for any inconvenience.