Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Losing to Bills would be inexcusable at this point

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Losing to Bills would be inexcusable at this point

They're playing some awful football. This is exactly the opponent you want to see if you are the Jets, a team you match up well against that is also playing poorly.

Everything screams big win for Jets, yet why am I still a little bit nervous?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    We are not going to lose to the Bills. In fact our losing days are behind us. I expect us to clean the slate! GO JETS!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    absolutely, but you could say the same for last week and arguably the week prior....

so while yes the jets should win this game im not expecting anything until they show me.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SlickBri481;4245987]They're playing some awful football. This is exactly the opponent you want to see if you are the Jets, a team you match up well against that is also playing poorly.

Everything screams big win for Jets, yet why am I still a little bit nervous?[/QUOTE]

This!!!!!!!!

[QUOTE=TurkJetFan;4245996]absolutely, but you could say the same for last week and arguably the week prior....

so while yes the jets should win this game im not expecting anything until they show me.[/QUOTE]

and this too!!!!!!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The only way we could lose is if Sanchez turns it over a bunch which I guess his possible.

Our D should shut down a struggling Buffalo offense

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Keep lauding Ralph Wilson, folks. Nice work giving Fitzpatrick a contract extension before the season's end. They went right into the f**king tank exactly the moment the ink dried on his new contract. Good. F**king choke on it, you old dunce. You blew it, just like the rest of the season. See you in last place. LOL!!!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yet hardly surprising.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Like losing to the Broncos was excusable. :rolleyes:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    No,

Getting swept by the Pats in inexcusable. Beating them sends the message that we're for real.

Making the playoffs without a single quality win (San Diego may have been at one point, but not anymore) is bad news and extremely rare.

Making the playoffs due to tie breakers and the AFC West and North isn't that likely.

Plus this team smells funky, more like 7-9 to 9-7 than the 10-6 they'll need to grab that slot.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Klingon;4246019]Like losing to the Broncos was excusable. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Actually it was, losing a game due to horrible scheduling is excusable.

I marked that game as a loss at the beginning of the year.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PMarsico9;4246022]Actually it was, losing a game due to horrible scheduling is excusable.

I marked that game as a loss at the beginning of the year.[/QUOTE]

Anyone who excuses that loss has simply accepted losing as a way of life.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Klingon;4246030]Anyone who excuses that loss has simply accepted losing as a way of life.[/QUOTE]

I excuse every loss in life very simply by saying "Mark Sanchez," after every failure.

If it works for him, it will work for me. Simply by being "Mark Sanchez," he's given a free pass for consistent underachievement.

Also:

Parity is strong in the NFL. Tampa Bay, who has been pretty awful this year, gave Green Bay a serious scare yesterday.

Not having a full week to prepare for any opponent definitely hurts your team.
    Last edited by PMarsico9; 11-21-2011 at 04:35 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=My.Favorite.Martin;4246009]Yet hardly surprising.[/QUOTE]

I agree. If we can lose to Tebow, we could lose to anyone, but I think this team plays a good game this week and takes advantage of a team that is really really struggling

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    It is inexcusable to lose to the "insert team name here".
    No way we will lose to "insert team name here."

There is no such thing as a 'no way we should lose to" these days. This team has consistently done just that over the last 3 years. The Jets almost missed the playoffs the last two years for that reason.

There is no team in this league that we should be feeling uppity about beating and that includes the Colts. The Jets are masterful at keeping teams in the game when they are playing well and of getting beat by inferior teams (See Denver.)

We have to look at the Jets for what they are, a 500 team clawing and hoping to get hot to get into the playoffs but having the humility to know 100% for sure that if they do not play their best they will lose to any team in this league.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Beerfish;4246049]It is inexcusable to lose to the "insert team name here".
    No way we will lose to "insert team name here."

There is no such thing as a 'no way we should lose to" these days. This team has consistently done just that over the last 3 years. The Jets almost missed the playoffs the last two years for that reason.

There is no team in this league that we should be feeling uppity about beating and that includes the Colts. The Jets are masterful at keeping teams in the game when they are playing well and of getting beat by inferior teams (See Denver.)

We have to look at the Jets for what they are, a 500 team clawing and hoping to get hot to get into the playoffs but having the humility to know 100% for sure that if they do not play their best they will lose to any team in this league.[/QUOTE]

Oh I agree, but this one at home would be a killer. I really think the only way it could happen is if Sanchez has a bunch of turnovers and if that happened, I think things would start getting really ugly for him in the media, the Peyton Manning stuff would heat up. It would just be very bad

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SlickBri481;4245987]

Everything screams big win for Jets[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n114/srubenst/laughter.gif[/IMG]

SAR I

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SAR I;4246055][IMG]http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n114/srubenst/laughter.gif[/IMG]

SAR I[/QUOTE]

I'm sure you can't wait to start another "we won't win another game" thread if we drop it

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SlickBri481;4245987]They're playing some awful football. This is exactly the opponent you want to see if you are the Jets, a team you match up well against that is also playing poorly.

Everything screams big win for Jets, [B]yet why am I still a little bit nervous[/B]?[/QUOTE]

Because we suck until otherwise is demonstrated.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

[B]Everything screams big win for Jets, yet why am I still a little bit nervous[/B]?[/QUOTE]

Rex 2011::Mangini 2007::Edwards 2005:: Parcells 1999::Coslet 1992::Walton 1987

I don't think elaboration is necessary ;)

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think we're going to roll them, but I've been wrong before.

[url]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4237144#post4237144[/url]