Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Your Top 10 movies of all-time

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jungle Shift Jet;4247458]I left out a few more that I like, for one reason or another-not necessarily classic films

Forbidden Planet (A watershed Sci-Fi, a take on [I][B]The Tempest[/B][/I])
    [/QUOTE]

... thought you were saying the tempest was on your list for a second there

:eek::eek::eek:

was going to have to say ... that's the worst movie ever made! ... at least until travolta did battlefield earth :yes:

l_j_r

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=lamont_jordan_rules;4248119]... ding, ding, ding we have a winner :iwon: ...

love your choices ... jacob's ladder should go in the underappreciated thread as well:yes:

[/QUOTE]

Thanks man, don't think I ever won anything in here..

ANd I agree, Jacob's Ladder prolly deserves to go in the other thread. One of the rare times where the director wants to surprise you at the end, and you're really blindsided by the ending.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SAR I;4247919][IMG]http://www.blogcdn.com/blog.moviefone.com/media/2011/01/fantastic-mr-fox1.jpg[/IMG]

Toy Story is the Sargent Pepper of animated motion pictures. Groundbreaking and jaw-dropping technology, a fresh and innovative storyline, duplicated hundreds of times, never equaled.

You're telling me that if you're sentenced to life imprisonment on a deserted island and the judge lets you bring only 10 movies with you to get you through the next 40 years, you're bringing The Fantastic Mr. Fox. Siriusly?

I don't even think it's in the Top 10 of animated movies, honestly. Chicken Run is better if you must have a flick about delusional farm animals.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

Toy Story is a well executed animated story. As formula goes, it does it expertly.

The Fantastic Mr. Fox is a layered, whimsical, and humourous exploration of human existence. I've probably seen it 15-20 times because when it is on, I have a hard time turning it off. It's as much for me as it is for my kids. Without a doubt it would be one of my desert island movies.

Sort of like how I feel about Radiohead, there are 2 kinds of people -- those who love Wes Anderson and films and those without taste. It doesn't make you a bad person. But it does tell those who know better what kind of sensibility we are dealing with...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Based on the combination of quality and replayability:

1. Goodfellas
    2. Die Hard
    3. Usual Suspects
    4. Requiem for a Dream
    5. Pulp
    6. Se7en
    7. City of God
    8. Memento
    9. Scarface (it's trash, but great trash)
    10. Training Day (personal fave)

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=GreenWave;4248226]
    4. Requiem for a Dream
    [/QUOTE]

I swear I only watch this movie repeatedly so I can see the ending...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite;4248267]I swear I only watch this movie repeatedly so I can see the ending...[/QUOTE]

Brutal.

_

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite;4248267]I swear I only watch this movie repeatedly so I can see the ending...[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=JStokes;4248289]Brutal.

_[/QUOTE]

Something tells me AGAW is not talking about the 'brutal' part of the ending but more Ms. Connelly and her "friend."

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=GreenWave;4248322]Something tells me AGAW is not talking about the 'brutal' part of the ending but more Ms. Connelly and her "friend."[/QUOTE]

:yes:

Bewildered Beast
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=RaoulDuke;4248128]Thanks man, don't think I ever won anything in here..

ANd I agree, Jacob's Ladder prolly deserves to go in the other thread. One of the rare times where the director wants to surprise you at the end, and you're really blindsided by the ending.[/QUOTE]
    JACOB LADDER SPOILER

My mother died of complications from Parkinsons and Alzheimers; the night she passed she told her caretaker that she was "going upstairs". I saw that movie a year later and was run over by the ending. I was glad I watched at home. :yes:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gattaca
    Usual Suspects
    Midnight Run
    Better Off Dead
    Star Wars
    Braveheart
    Dances With Wolves
    Fletch
    Crash
    Goodfellas

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=GreenWave;4248322]Something tells me AGAW is not talking about the 'brutal' part of the ending but more Ms. Connelly and her "friend."[/QUOTE]

No, that's was I WAS talking about.

Ass-to-ass.

Brutal.

_

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite;4248332]:yes:[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lfxw6bthVF1qbg80vo1_500.jpg[/IMG]

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    ... i forgot Almost Famous ...

l_j_r