Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: According to the ESPN playoff machine...

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Eckesg1;4247493]What chance do you give the Bengals to beat either the Ravens or Steelers.

They made a great effort this Sunday, but could you see either of those teams losing to the Bengals? Especially with the division still up for grabs.[/QUOTE]

The Ravens lost to the Jaguars and Sehawks so yes I give the Bengals a very legitimate chance of beating the Ravens at home. They better stumble before that game or I dont like our chances.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=tedtedthefootballhead;4247923]Math Math Math.....it's at that point that all we have IS to RELY on the math.
    They don't control their own destiny, we're relegated to scoreboard watching again in the hopes that [B]the umpteen teams in front of us [/B]lose. What are we, in the 9 spot? We're chasing everybody. ****ing lovely. Really.....do they have a chance, yeah sure.....MATH says they do. But don't forget.....take a look at our team, all the games thus far. Do you see a playoff team? Oh, NOT YET. They're coming on though. you just wait. **** that. ****ing losers.[/QUOTE]

Ted-I'm trying to understand YOUR math.

When you same "umpteen teams in front of us" I assume you know that means TWO.

Right?

_

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4247931]Ted-I'm trying to understand YOUR math.

Right?

_[/QUOTE]

i think this is deserving of some sort of Stokes face image doing something epic.

please?

maybe the stokes face using a calculator hahahaha

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=TurkJetFan;4247937]i think this is deserving of some sort of Stokes face image doing something epic.

please?

maybe the stokes face using a calculator hahahaha[/QUOTE]

The stupidity on this board has gotten out of control.

_

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Eckesg1;4247493]What chance do you give the Bengals to beat either the Ravens or Steelers.

They made a great effort this Sunday, but could you see either of those teams losing to the Bengals? Especially with the division still up for grabs.[/QUOTE]

if u go by what u saw thursday u think we finish 10-6???

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    not that it matters but,

if we finish 9-7 and tied with cincy, our two losses coming from philly and giants, we are in. This is assuming the broncos lose 3 more games, which they will.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    At this point, I think its too early to project. After the Dec 4 games, we'll have a clearer picture. If all goes according to plan, the Jets will be 7-5 as well the Bengals on that day.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    i must be missing something but there are 6 games left and we are in the thick of things...who the F knows what happens a week from now never mind a month from now? i dont think we are good enough to win it all by any stretch....but i do think we have every chance to make the playoffs.

regardless, this team needs to be evaludated after the season.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Machine this:eek:!!!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=K-Met57;4248190]i must be missing something but there are 6 games left and we are in the thick of things...who the F knows what happens a week from now never mind a month from now? i dont think we are good enough to win it all by any stretch....but i do think we have every chance to make the playoffs.

regardless, this team needs to be evaludated after the season.[/QUOTE]

There is no doubt about that. This team needs a lot of upgrades. However, it would be nice to still make the playoffs despite of all these faults. Who knows what willll happen if they make it. Just look at the last two seasons.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4247931]Ted-I'm trying to understand YOUR math.

Right?

_[/QUOTE]

wrong.
    we're in the 9 spot, in order to grab the 6 spot it means 3 teams are ahead of us.
    6: Bengals (who we won't have a chance to beat, so pray like a 12 year old because someone else has to beat them for us)
    7: Broncos (who we lost to)
    8: Titans (see bengals)
    9: Jets

If we only jumped 2 teams, we'd be in the 7 spot. not good enough.
    6: team1
    7: Jets
    8: team2
    9: team3

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Were we built to win this year or last year? I forget.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=tedtedthefootballhead;4249759]wrong.
    we're in the 9 spot, in order to grab the 6 spot it means 3 teams are ahead of us.
    6: Bengals (who we won't have a chance to beat, so pray like a 12 year old because someone else has to beat them for us)
    7: Broncos (who we lost to)
    8: Titans (see bengals)
    9: Jets

If we only jumped 2 teams, we'd be in the 7 spot. not good enough.
    6: team1
    7: Jets
    8: team2
    9: team3[/QUOTE]

it is looking grim at this point. We really have to run the table and get help as well.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    As of today:
    6 - Bengals 6-4 (host CLE)
    7 - Broncos 5-5 (at SD)
    8 - Titans 5-5 (host TB)
    9 - Jets 5-5 (host Bills)
    10 - Bills 5-5 (at jets)

So, the MATH says (get ready, 'cause we're doing this EVERY WEEK NOW)
    IF the Jets win, they move to 6-5 and Bills fall to 5-6
    IF the Bengals lose they fall to 6-5 and into a tie w/Jets (CLE at 5-6)
    IF the Broncos lose they fall to 5-6 and Jets leapfrog them for now
    IF the Titans lose they fall to 5-6 and Jets leapfrog them too for now

So,
    Just based on the above the JETS and BENGALS are tied for the 6 slot with [U][B][I]BENGALS[/I][/B][/U] winning the TWO-TEAM WILD-CARD TIEBREAKER (CONF RECORD)

6 - Bengals 6-5 (5-4 Conf Rec)
    7 - Jets 6-5 (5-5 Conf Rec)
    8 - Broncos 5-6
    9 - Titans 5-6
    10 - Bills 5-6
    11 - Chargers 5-6
    12 - Browns 5-6

This is GOOD NEWS!!

IF all that stuff I just said happens, and now JETS pull to within 1 game of the last wild card spot. Hold onto your hats boys...and look forward to this ****ing MATH class for the next 5 weeks. :rolleyes:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Eckesg1;4247464]If we were to go 10-6 with a loss at Philly and the Bengals were to go 10-6 with losses to Pittsburgh and Baltimore, we would win the tiebreaker due to winning percentage in common games. It must be that the Bengals would lose to the Ravens twice and we only lost to them once.

So actually if we are tied with the Bengals and they lose the other two divisonal games to get to 10-6, we get in. Interesting.[/QUOTE]

I'm surprised you're thinking this far ahead when we have a game at 1PM to be played. Lets see how that goes before we put any wins and losses on our schedule.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is there any way we can sneak in at 6-10?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Klingon;4251516]Is there any way we can sneak in at 6-10?[/QUOTE]

ONLY if they lose another game.....then we'll have THAT MATH lesson.