Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: According to the ESPN playoff machine...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

According to the ESPN playoff machine...

If we were to go 10-6 with a loss at Philly and the Bengals were to go 10-6 with losses to Pittsburgh and Baltimore, we would win the tiebreaker due to winning percentage in common games. It must be that the Bengals would lose to the Ravens twice and we only lost to them once.

So actually if we are tied with the Bengals and they lose the other two divisonal games to get to 10-6, we get in. Interesting.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Eckesg1;4247464]If we were to go 10-6 with a loss at Philly and the Bengals were to go 10-6 with losses to Pittsburgh and Baltimore, we would win the tiebreaker due to winning percentage in common games. It must be that the Bengals would lose to the Ravens twice and we only lost to them once.

So actually if we are tied with the Bengals and they lose the other two divisonal games to get to 10-6, we get in. Interesting.[/QUOTE]

But if we win out and the Bengals lose one game we will lose out on the tie breaker due to conference record.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    WTF? If this team was any good we would not be thinking about this crap!!!
    Thanks Rex an Tanny.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Magnus;4247476]But if we win out and the Bengals lose one game we will lose out on the tie breaker due to conference record.[/QUOTE]

What chance do you give the Bengals to beat either the Ravens or Steelers.

They made a great effort this Sunday, but could you see either of those teams losing to the Bengals? Especially with the division still up for grabs.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=srobjets;4247487]WTF? If this team was any good we would not be thinking about this crap!!!
    Thanks Rex an Tanny.[/QUOTE]

actually...if this team wasn't any good we wouldn't be thinking about this crap.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Eckesg1;4247493]What chance do you give the Bengals to beat either the Ravens or Steelers.

They made a great effort this Sunday, but could you see either of those teams losing to the Bengals? Especially with the division still up for grabs.[/QUOTE]

personally i think its possible the bengals win 1 of the 2.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you're still dreaming that the Jets are making the playoffs, then WAKE UP.

It's over people. Not Gonna happen. Not gonna run the table. Not gonna win the tiebreakers.

The ONLY shot....is that 12/21/2012 shows up a year early and knocks out the majority of the AFC.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=tedtedthefootballhead;4247545]If you're still dreaming that the Jets are making the playoffs, then WAKE UP.

It's over people. Not Gonna happen. Not gonna run the table. Not gonna win the tiebreakers.

The ONLY shot....is that 12/21/2012 shows up a year early and knocks out the majority of the AFC.[/QUOTE]

I'm just saying there's a chance...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=tedtedthefootballhead;4247545]If you're still dreaming that the Jets are making the playoffs, then WAKE UP.

The ONLY shot....is that 12/21/2012 shows up a year early and knocks out the majority of the AFC.[/QUOTE]

Guess you're all knowing. :rolleyes:
    If you have followed this team for a long time you would know the exact opposite will happen. They'll play their best ball all season now that their backs are against the wall and will have to beat Miami to get in.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=TurkJetFan;4247542]personally i think its possible the bengals win 1 of the 2.[/QUOTE]

They have to cover Wallace and Boldin without Leon Hall...

It was a big part of their defense to have the guy. The Bengals defense will trail off down the stretch...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite;4247664]They have to cover Wallace and Boldin without Leon Hall...

It was a big part of their defense to have the guy. The Bengals defense will trail off down the stretch...[/QUOTE]

sorry, did i say 1 of 2 or 2 of 2?

like i said, i think the bengals could win 1 of those 2 games. they just played balt and really tough too without leon hall. so whats your point?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Eckesg1;4247464]If we were to go 10-6 with a loss at Philly and the Bengals were to go 10-6 with losses to Pittsburgh and Baltimore, we would win the tiebreaker due to winning percentage in common games. It must be that the Bengals would lose to the Ravens twice and we only lost to them once.

So actually if we are tied with the Bengals and they lose the other two divisonal games to get to 10-6, we get in. Interesting.[/QUOTE]

What does it say if the Bengals return to form and end up 8-8?

Does 9-7 get us in?

Or do theyy still win the tie-breakers?

_

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Just checking on the math Ted.

If we DON't run the table and we go 10-6, or only 9-7 and Denver and the Bengals both go 8-8, we're out right?

These tie-breakers are really confusing to me.

_

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4247708]Just checking on the math Ted.

If we DON't run the table and we go 10-6, or only 9-7 and Denver and the Bengals both go 8-8, we're out right?

_[/QUOTE]

for the win.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4247706]What does it say if the Bengals return to form and end up 8-8?

Does 9-7 get us in?

Or do theyy still win the tie-breakers?

_[/QUOTE]

If we have a better record why would tie breakers matter? A tie breaker is only needed in the scenario where there is a tie..

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ienjoythenyjets;4247733]If we have a better record why would tie breakers matter? A tie breaker is only needed in the scenario where there is a tie..[/QUOTE]

sarcasm alert.

i think...

:dunno::dunno:

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=TurkJetFan;4247748]sarcasm alert.

i think...

:dunno::dunno:[/QUOTE]

Hahah I would hope but wasnt sure

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ienjoythenyjets;4247733]If we have a better record why would tie breakers matter? A tie breaker is only needed in the scenario where there is a tie..[/QUOTE]

No, I don't think that's right.

If we go 9-7, but Sanchez throws 2 INTs a game and EITHER the Broncos or Cinncy go 8-8, I think we're out.

I'm not sure who gets in between the 2 of them, but at that point I don't really care.

_

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

that's a big statement. Just not as big as your sig :rolleyes:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4247708]Just checking on the math Ted.

_[/QUOTE]

Math Math Math.....it's at that point that all we have IS to RELY on the math.
    They don't control their own destiny, we're relegated to scoreboard watching again in the hopes that the umpteen teams in front of us lose. What are we, in the 9 spot? We're chasing everybody. ****ing lovely. Really.....do they have a chance, yeah sure.....MATH says they do. But don't forget.....take a look at our team, all the games thus far. Do you see a playoff team? Oh, NOT YET. They're coming on though. you just wait. **** that. ****ing losers.