Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Black House band plays "Lying a** B*tch" as Michelle Bachmann walks on Fallon show.

[QUOTE=cr726;4255363]Thank you for keeping your post short, I know it's tough for you to do.[/QUOTE]

Not replying to you, it isn't.

[QUOTE=FF2;4255387]Please. Lets be honest. Blacks are clearly better musicians than whites.[/QUOTE]

To you. Not to me.

[QUOTE=Warfish;4255416]Not replying to you, it isn't.[/QUOTE]

LOL, thank you.

[QUOTE=Warfish;4255416]
    To you. Not to me.[/QUOTE]

Agree to disagree.

[QUOTE=FF2;4255436]Agree to disagree.[/QUOTE]

On a great many things, at that.

Out of curiosity, who are your personal "top 10" musicians then, given your aforementioned claim?

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=FF2;4255387]Please. Lets be honest. Blacks are clearly better musicians than whites. Dancers too. And athletes.[/QUOTE]

I thought you needed to add a smiley face to display intent?

[QUOTE=Warfish;4255440]On a great many things, at that.

Out of curiosity, who are your personal "top 10" musicians then, given your aforementioned claim?[/QUOTE]

Miles Davis
    Jimi Hendricks
    Michael Jackson
    Paul Robeson
    John Coltrane
    Charlie Mingus
    Charlie Parker
    Muddy Waters
    Max Roach
    Clay Aiken

[QUOTE=FF2;4255802]Miles Davis
    Jimi Hendricks
    Michael Jackson
    Paul Robeson
    John Coltrane
    Charlie Mingus
    Charlie Parker
    Muddy Waters
    Max Roach
    Clay Aiken[/QUOTE]

So if we checked your record collection (or iPod), these would be your most listened to, eh?

No Check Berry? No B.B. King? No Nat King Cole? No Louis Armstrong? No Ray Charles or James Brown?

But Clay Aiken made it.

Fair enough, only one of those would even be close to being on mine (Davis), although in a genre I have little interest in. Most wouldn't crack my own Top 100. Quite a few I must admit I've never even heard of (Robeson, Roach) and a couple are horrible pop crap (Pedophile Jackson, Aiken).

As you say, agree to disagree.
    Last edited by Warfish; 11-28-2011 at 10:57 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Warfish;4256187]So if we checked your record collection (or iPod), these would be your most listened to, eh?

No Check Berry? No B.B. King? No Nat King Cole? No Louis Armstrong? No Ray Charles or James Brown?

But Clay Aiken made it.

Fair enough, only one of those would even be close to being on mine (Davis), although in a genre I have little interest in. Most wouldn't crack my own Top 100. Quite a few I must admit I've never even heard of (Robeson, Roach) and a couple are horrible pop crap (Pedophile Jackson, Aiken).

As you say, agree to disagree.[/QUOTE]

You'd think too that if Jimmy Hendri[B]x[/B] was in your top ten, you'd know how to spell his name

[QUOTE=JetPotato;4256315]You'd think too that if Jimmy Hendri[B]x[/B] was in your top ten, you'd know how to spell his name[/QUOTE]

If I had to bet, I'd bet he doesn't listen to the majority on his list, and found most of the names via google.

But so what, doesn't really matter anyway. Was a stupid and pointless exchange to start with, just like all of them on JI tbh.

[QUOTE=Warfish;4256187]So if we checked your record collection (or iPod), these would be your most listened to, eh?

But Clay Aiken made it.

As you say, agree to disagree.[/QUOTE]

Sadly it would be a record collection, if anyone remembers those.:P

Actually, I forgot Nat King Cole who I think may have been the greatest vocalist of all time. And yes James brown was an omission on my part.

I've never been that big on B.B. King or Chuck Berry. Although I can't argue with their influence on rock and roll, Berry especially...I just never get a gut feeling from them like I do listening to others.

From a purely musical standpoint, starting with the Jackson 5, I think MJ was amazing.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=WestCoastOffensive;4248702]I mis-read the OP as trolling for Lib/Con responses; [B]I was wrong and I apologize[/B].[/QUOTE]

uhh...I don't think you're allowed to say things like that here.

[QUOTE=jetstream23;4258828]uhh...I don't think you're allowed to say things like that here.[/QUOTE]

I want to apologize to Fist.

But he's gone. :(

[QUOTE=FF2;4259006]I want to apologize to Fist.

But he's gone. :([/QUOTE]

The Drama Queen left the building? WTF? :eek: