Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 81 to 93 of 93

Thread: Black House band plays "Lying a** B*tch" as Michelle Bachmann walks on Fallon show.

  1. #81
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    38,062
    Quote Originally Posted by cr726 View Post
    Thank you for keeping your post short, I know it's tough for you to do.
    Not replying to you, it isn't.

    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    Please. Lets be honest. Blacks are clearly better musicians than whites.
    To you. Not to me.

  2. #82
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    14,814
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Not replying to you, it isn't.
    LOL, thank you.

  3. #83
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    50,788
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    To you. Not to me.
    Agree to disagree.

  4. #84
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    38,062
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    Agree to disagree.
    On a great many things, at that.

    Out of curiosity, who are your personal "top 10" musicians then, given your aforementioned claim?

  5. #85
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    13,537
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    Please. Lets be honest. Blacks are clearly better musicians than whites. Dancers too. And athletes.
    I thought you needed to add a smiley face to display intent?

  6. #86
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    50,788
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    On a great many things, at that.

    Out of curiosity, who are your personal "top 10" musicians then, given your aforementioned claim?
    Miles Davis
    Jimi Hendricks
    Michael Jackson
    Paul Robeson
    John Coltrane
    Charlie Mingus
    Charlie Parker
    Muddy Waters
    Max Roach
    Clay Aiken

  7. #87
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    38,062
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    Miles Davis
    Jimi Hendricks
    Michael Jackson
    Paul Robeson
    John Coltrane
    Charlie Mingus
    Charlie Parker
    Muddy Waters
    Max Roach
    Clay Aiken
    So if we checked your record collection (or iPod), these would be your most listened to, eh?

    No Check Berry? No B.B. King? No Nat King Cole? No Louis Armstrong? No Ray Charles or James Brown?

    But Clay Aiken made it.

    Fair enough, only one of those would even be close to being on mine (Davis), although in a genre I have little interest in. Most wouldn't crack my own Top 100. Quite a few I must admit I've never even heard of (Robeson, Roach) and a couple are horrible pop crap (Pedophile Jackson, Aiken).

    As you say, agree to disagree.
    Last edited by Warfish; 11-28-2011 at 10:57 PM.

  8. #88
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    13,537
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    So if we checked your record collection (or iPod), these would be your most listened to, eh?

    No Check Berry? No B.B. King? No Nat King Cole? No Louis Armstrong? No Ray Charles or James Brown?

    But Clay Aiken made it.

    Fair enough, only one of those would even be close to being on mine (Davis), although in a genre I have little interest in. Most wouldn't crack my own Top 100. Quite a few I must admit I've never even heard of (Robeson, Roach) and a couple are horrible pop crap (Pedophile Jackson, Aiken).

    As you say, agree to disagree.
    You'd think too that if Jimmy Hendrix was in your top ten, you'd know how to spell his name

  9. #89
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    38,062
    Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    You'd think too that if Jimmy Hendrix was in your top ten, you'd know how to spell his name
    If I had to bet, I'd bet he doesn't listen to the majority on his list, and found most of the names via google.

    But so what, doesn't really matter anyway. Was a stupid and pointless exchange to start with, just like all of them on JI tbh.

  10. #90
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    50,788
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    So if we checked your record collection (or iPod), these would be your most listened to, eh?

    No Check Berry? No B.B. King? No Nat King Cole? No Louis Armstrong? No Ray Charles or James Brown?

    But Clay Aiken made it.

    Fair enough, only one of those would even be close to being on mine (Davis), although in a genre I have little interest in. Most wouldn't crack my own Top 100. Quite a few I must admit I've never even heard of (Robeson, Roach) and a couple are horrible pop crap (Pedophile Jackson, Aiken).

    As you say, agree to disagree.
    Sadly it would be a record collection, if anyone remembers those.

    Actually, I forgot Nat King Cole who I think may have been the greatest vocalist of all time. And yes James brown was an omission on my part.

    I've never been that big on B.B. King or Chuck Berry. Although I can't argue with their influence on rock and roll, Berry especially...I just never get a gut feeling from them like I do listening to others.

    From a purely musical standpoint, starting with the Jackson 5, I think MJ was amazing.

  11. #91
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Jets Stadium Section 246
    Posts
    36,924
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    I mis-read the OP as trolling for Lib/Con responses; I was wrong and I apologize.
    uhh...I don't think you're allowed to say things like that here.

  12. #92
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    50,788
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    uhh...I don't think you're allowed to say things like that here.
    I want to apologize to Fist.

    But he's gone.

  13. #93
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    14,814
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    I want to apologize to Fist.

    But he's gone.
    The Drama Queen left the building? WTF?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us