Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Black House band plays "Lying a** B*tch" as Michelle Bachmann walks on Fallon show.

Crazy azz b1tch would be a better choice for Waters.

[[B][/B]QUOTE=32green;4248502]I'm glad you chimed in.

Its not percieved as important [I]precisley[/I] because of their race. Now, without lying or deflecting...tell me what would have happened if 4 white dudes played Lying a** b*tch when Maxine Waters walked out.

This is merely a discussion, no outrage involved here.

Please be truthful.

Thanks.

-[/QUOTE]

Bewildered Beast
    [QUOTE=32green;4247927]Neither do I.:rolleyes:

It [I]would have been[/I], had the roles been reversed like I originally suggested.

Precisely.

There was outrage there.

Race based...outrage. I read about it...somewhere?

White dudes at a Nascar race booing Obama...and Jill Biden.....=racism.

Black musicians iinsinuating a white politician selling a book is a Lying **s B*tch=fun and games.

Just looking for discussion on the double standard.

-

-[/QUOTE]There is no double-standard with L vs R, and you shouldn't troll for such reactions. Both sides spew equal amounts of hyped-up venom; and then turn and cry "FOUL!" when they get stung.

Back to the OP there is no way that should have happened. Tasteless, classless and it WILL backfire on them.

Bewildered Beast
    [QUOTE=32green;4248502]I'm glad you chimed in.

Its not percieved as important [I]precisley[/I] because of their race. Now, without lying or deflecting...tell me what would have happened if 4 white dudes played Lying a** b*tch when Maxine Waters walked out.

This is merely a discussion, no outrage involved here.

Please be truthful.

Thanks.

-[/QUOTE]
    Whatever; obviously whites out-number blacks almost 4-1 in this country. It would be easy to dramatize it as a bigoted attack, maybe even imply that the networks and sponsors were in on the hate.

Musicians aren't the most [I]aware[/I] group of people...they thought it was cute; but they will find out something new about their career choices this next 10 days. I guarantee that.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=WestCoastOffensive;4248546]There is no double-standard with L vs R, and you shouldn't troll for such reactions.[/QUOTE]

Troll?

I merely asked a question, that no one.....NOT ONE person in this thread has bothered to answer...other than to feign outrage at my even bringing it up.

I think its relevent... and I have every right to express my opinion without being accused of trolling.

-

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=WestCoastOffensive;4248564] It would be easy to dramatize it as a bigoted attack, maybe even imply that the networks and sponsors were in on the hate.

[/QUOTE]

Read my post...I never said it was a bigoted attack...I merely asked what would have been the reaction in the media and otherwise....had the roles been reversed.

My position is that it would have in fact been perceived as a bigoted attack, and much handwringing by the media and racial arsonists would have ensued, had the roles been reversed.

-

[QUOTE=32green;4248585]Read my post...I never said it was a bigoted attack...I merely asked what would have been the reaction in the media and otherwise....had the roles been reversed.

My position is that it would have in fact been perceived as a bigoted attack, and much handwringing by the media and racial arsonists would have ensued, had the roles been reversed.

-[/QUOTE]

There is no debate about whether or not "white-toward-black" bigotry is as acceptable (or offensive) as "black-toward-white" -- to argue it is would be ignorant at best, and most likely agenda-driven.

Having said that, I'd say it's MUCH more political than racist, as we've seen minorities (and women) praised when they're liberals and blasted when they're conservatives . . .

[QUOTE=32green;4248502] tell me what would have happened if 4 white dudes played Lying a** b*tch when Maxine Waters walked out.
    [/QUOTE]

fallon apologizes. same s--t. no one cares about the reverse. right wingers have this victim mentality like 5000 years of white men being on top is suddenly uprooted. get over it, white men are still on top.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=OCCH;4248602]There is no debate about whether or not "white-toward-black" bigotry is as acceptable (or offensive) as "black-toward-white" -- to argue it is would be ignorant at best, and most likely agenda-driven.

Having said that, I'd say it's MUCH more political than racist, as we've seen minorities (and women) praised when they're liberals and blasted when they're conservatives . . .[/QUOTE]

Absolutely was political, agreed. My point is directed towards how the media and racial hucksters would have handled it.

-

[QUOTE=bitonti;4248609]fallon apologizes. same s--t. no one cares about the reverse. right wingers have this victim mentality like 5000 years of white men being on top is suddenly uprooted. get over it, white men are still on top.[/QUOTE]

You're kidding, right? You really think our PC society would let Fallon off the hook with "an apology"?

You probably think Imus would have gotten into just as much trouble if he mocked some white dudes from Montclair . . .

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=bitonti;4248609]fallon apologizes. same s--t. no one cares about the reverse. right wingers have this victim mentality like 5000 years of white men being on top is suddenly uprooted. get over it, white men are still on top.[/QUOTE]

Why would Fallon apologize?

And spare me the first year liberal arts scared white man losing his mojo blather, thanks. Please assume I assume that viewpoint colors your opinion already, lol.

Jets Insider VIP
    They should have played this instead:

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_B0CyOAO8y0[/url]

preferably, off key.

Runaway bride CRAZY eyes. She looks like Howard Dean's crazy scream

Bewildered Beast
    [QUOTE=32green;4248585]Read my post...I never said it was a bigoted attack...I merely asked what would have been the reaction in the media and otherwise....had the roles been reversed. [/QUOTE] Yes I was answering that. It goes without saying that 2 centuries of oppression from the top down has resulted in a persistent stalemate; African Americans are understandably sensitive to race-related issues. They are the smallest, most visible and most polarized minority. You ask a rhetorical question; everyone already knows what that response would be.

[quote]My position is that it would have in fact been perceived as a bigoted attack, and much hand wringing by the media and racial arsonists would have ensued, had the roles been reversed.

-[/quote]I think you can take it back to numbers; 4 whites for every one African American: it looks like bullying when blacks are attacked in the way we are discussing. HOWEVER - What the Fallon band did will not go unpunished; you can bet right now they are eating lunch feeling confused; one day later, their artistic statement is now hanging around their necks like a 5 pound weight.

Bewildered Beast
    [QUOTE=32green;4248573]Troll?

I merely asked a question, that no one.....NOT ONE person in this thread has bothered to answer...other than to feign outrage at my even bringing it up.

I think its relevent... and I have every right to express my opinion without being accused of trolling.

-[/QUOTE]
    I mis-read the OP as trolling for Lib/Con responses; I was wrong and I apologize.

[QUOTE=parafly;4248519]Playing the race card is bad ... when the other side does it.[/QUOTE]

Which side plays it 99.9% of the time?

[QUOTE=OCCH;4248653]You're kidding, right? You really think our PC society would let Fallon off the hook with "an apology"?

You probably think Imus would have gotten into just as much trouble if he mocked some white dudes from Montclair . . .[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=32green;4248657]Why would Fallon apologize?
    [/QUOTE]

because feminist groups complained

this isn't a dispute about race it's about gender.

You guys are making it about race.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4248430]Not any less surprised that I was when I heard the song Bachman was introduced to.[/QUOTE]

Really? I thought it was pretty unnecessary for a fluff talk show bit designed to boost her p.r. appeal. Unnecessary and sexist.

I wonder where N.O.W. is on this issue.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Bonhomme Richard;4248790]Really? I thought it was pretty unnecessary for a fluff talk show bit designed to boost her p.r. appeal. Unnecessary and sexist. [/QUOTE]

Don't care.

The lady is a horse's a**. She deserves it. She says people like me aren't American. She can personally go f*ck herself.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4248908]Don't care.

The lady is a horse's a**. She deserves it. She says people like me aren't American. She can personally go f*ck herself.[/QUOTE]

Since when do you care what Michelle Bachmann thinks?

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=WestCoastOffensive;4248697]African Americans are understandably sensitive to race-related issues.

[B]They are the smallest[/B], most visible and most polarized minority.[/QUOTE]

Stokes is black ?? :eek:

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4248908]Don't care.

The lady is a horse's a**. She deserves it. [/QUOTE]

:O

-