Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Let's talk turkey!

[QUOTE=GronkWelkhead;4247838] we have a soup, lobster bisque this year, followed by a few apps like stuffed cherrystones and Nantucket bay scallops wrapped in bacon.[/QUOTE]

Positively disgusting!

Practice Squad
    i like turkey but only if its soaked in gravy

Veteran
    North Shore of Long Island. East Setauket
    [QUOTE=Super Newb;4247983]i like turkey but only if its soaked in gravy[/QUOTE]

No way terrible...:zzz:

[QUOTE=BigJet85;4247986]No way terrible...:zzz:[/QUOTE]

Don't question him, the Newb knows his food!

What do you think of lobster bisque, cherry stones, scallops and the Chowds that are consuming them on Thanksgiving?:yes:

Practice Squad
    [QUOTE=Jetfan16;4247989]What do you think of lobster bisque, cherry stones, scallops and the Chowds that are consuming them on Thanksgiving?:yes:[/QUOTE]
    THEY CAN GO STRAIT TO HELL

[QUOTE=Super Newb;4247993]THEY CAN GO STRAIT TO HELL[/QUOTE]

Good man.

Are you planning on doing some more posting in the future here? nobody is better than the legendary Super Newb!!!!!

[QUOTE=Super Newb;4247993]THEY CAN GO STRAIT TO HELL[/QUOTE]

Newb,
    I always wait, anxiously, hoping to see a post from you. You are one of the few things in life that never lets me down. Thanks for being you.

[QUOTE=1greenNUT;4248006]Newb,
    I always wait, anxiously, hoping to see a post from you. You are one of the few things in life that never lets me down. Thanks for being you.[/QUOTE]

Cheers to Newb! Lets hope we see more of him in the future:cool:

Yaaaay Newb!

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uMVZPO_Jpw[/url]

I am working tonight and tomorrow night. 7pm to 7am. I might wake up around 3pm and scoot over to my mom's for some grub. Turkey, ham, stuffing, cornspoon bread, ya know all the fixins. My wife is is making her special yuca shep's pie. Kinda bummed out, this will be my first thanksgiving away from the family. Time and a half is ok tho.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=GronkWelkhead;4247838]Us too. Usually lasagna or stuffed shells with meatballs, sausage, and veal braciole. Before the pasta course though, we have a soup, lobster bisque this year, followed by a few apps like [B]stuffed cherrystones and Nantucket bay scallops wrapped in bacon.[/B] Entire meal takes about 4 hours from start to finish, with breaks in between for expresso and annisette, poker, and cigars.[/QUOTE]

Nice untraditional add. I might have to swing by.:cool: My wife's gravy has meatballs, pork chops, braciole, pig's feet, and usually some kind of ribs (yup, making ribz). After that, we have the "American" portion of the meal with turkey, sweet potatoes, braised Brussels sprouts etc.

[QUOTE=Bonhomme Richard;4247975]Yep, we start with lasagna too. Also stuffed mushrooms/[B]artichokes[/B] in addition to all the traditional fixings.[/QUOTE]

Love, LOVE stuffed artichokes!!! My FiL makes them for me all winter. Just an absolutely delectable meal.

So, I've never brined a turkey before. What is the point of this? What is the brine recipe?

Water and salt only? How long do you soak for?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Jetworks;4248777]Nice untraditional add. I might have to swing by.:cool: My wife's gravy has meatballs, pork chops, braciole, pig's feet, and usually some kind of ribs (yup, making ribz). After that, we have the "American" portion of the meal with turkey, sweet potatoes, braised Brussels sprouts etc.

Love, LOVE stuffed artichokes!!! My FiL makes them for me all winter. Just an absolutely delectable meal.[/QUOTE]

:yes:

All Pro

How long is the line where you get it?

All League
    Eating McDonald's Dollar Menu...

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEAH BUDDY

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CWXrgmjZm8[/url]

All League
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pyW6w5B7Aw[/url]

I cant believe nobody has mentioned turkey gizzards. :eek:

So wait do you mean the brown stuff that you make from turkery drippings or tomato sauce used on pasta? This was never a confusion issue for me until I came onto this forum. :canflag: