Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: < \ ~ + ~ { The Skyrim Thread } ~ + ~ / >

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Death View Post
    U still into this, Fish? Haven't played for weeks myself, just lost the desire. Waiting for the addons they are planning to respark myself with regards to it.
    Oh absolutely. I still haven't finished ANY major questline yet (close on Thieves Guild) and I've 300 hours in, only Level 50.

Too much hoarding I suppose. Sometimes after long treks I'd just return to Whiterun and just drop EVERYTHING I've picked up in the middle of the room, and then organize it later.

This pile is from around 3 of those such treks

-I use a barrel for all ingredients.
    -I use one chest just for potions.
    -One cupboard just for ore, ingots, smithing items, etc.
    -One dresser just for armor & clothing.
    -One end table just for precious gems, rings, amulets, circlets, etc.
    -Large chest for all weapons, arrows.
    -Dresser for all books & notes.
    -End table for all scrolls
    -End table for all soul gems.
    -And one cupboard for misc crap such as rolls of paper, charcoal, pelts, flagons, pelts (basically 'everything else')

Again,

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    I used to always hear the term 'RPG' and run far, far away from those games (Final Fantasy comes to mind, turn-based fighting), until I picked up Fallout 3. Changed my gaming life forever.

If was put away for life and had to pick one videogame, it would have to be Skyrim, F3 being #2...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    ^ ^ I didn't actually like when you entered a room with your character where you stored a lot of stuff and end up kicking it all over the floor. Had my premises at the Mage Guild in Winterhold, the house in Whiterun and I must have had some other place I can't remember - had quite a bit of crap over the floor but not as much as that above lol. The Thieves Guild/Nightingale story line if u follow it through is pretty good. I basically now have no major story lines to follow so next time I fire it up I'll have to do a google of some of the storylines I haven't done yet, as I'm sure there are a few.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Death View Post
    ^ ^ I didn't actually like when you entered a room with your character where you stored a lot of stuff and end up kicking it all over the floor. Had my premises at the Mage Guild in Winterhold, the house in Whiterun and I must have had some other place I can't remember - had quite a bit of crap over the floor but not as much as that above lol. The Thieves Guild/Nightingale story line if u follow it through is pretty good. I basically now have no major story lines to follow so next time I fire it up I'll have to do a google of some of the storylines I haven't done yet, as I'm sure there are a few.

I'm reluctant to buy another house, and I dont want to start keeping track of all of my crap in 2 locations - obviously each home only contains what you leave behind in it, right?

Its easier for me to keep all of my stuff in one place....but it is getting a little cramped in Breezehome...plus I need my own enchanting table - which house can I get one in? All the others?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    I used to always hear the term 'RPG' and run far, far away from those games (Final Fantasy comes to mind, turn-based fighting), until I picked up Fallout 3. Changed my gaming life forever.

If was put away for life and had to pick one videogame, it would have to be Skyrim, F3 being #2...
    Did you not play Fallout: New Vegas?

If so, you're missing a great one, easily on-par with Skyrim IMO in the "interesting/fun/openworld" dept. Better genre (Post Apoc. > Fantasy) to boot.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm reluctant to buy another house, and I dont want to start keeping track of all of my crap in 2 locations - obviously each home only contains what you leave behind in it, right?

Its easier for me to keep all of my stuff in one place....but it is getting a little cramped in Breezehome...plus I need my own enchanting table - which house can I get one in? All the others?
    never got the enchanting table - made that slow slow walk up to dragonreach or whatever it was from Breezehome holding too much weight so I could enchant up there, then a slow slow walk down to sell it in Whiterun or to re-store at Breezehome. Made and enchanted too many leather bracers to count.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Did you not play Fallout: New Vegas?

If so, you're missing a great one, easily on-par with Skyrim IMO in the "interesting/fun/openworld" dept. Better genre (Post Apoc. > Fantasy) to boot.

I had about 100 hours logged in on that one and my PS3 died - there was no way to salvage the save file, and I also lost my 250+ hour file on F3 as well....twas a sad day.

I never did finish all of the add-ons for F3, plus now with all the DLC content for Vegas....with Skyrim I may never need to buy another game for another 5 years...

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    I found out an easy way to get your smithing skill up to 100.

Just keep buying a bunch of leather and leather strips and keep making the hide bracers.

My smithing skill was in the 30's and I got it up to 100 within about two hours doing this.

Full suit of dragon plate armor b*tches!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm almost at level 20... Not bad for someone who started the game last week...

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    I found out an easy way to get your smithing skill up to 100.

Just keep buying a bunch of leather and leather strips and keep making the hide bracers.

My smithing skill was in the 30's and I got it up to 100 within about two hours doing this.

Full suit of dragon plate armor b*tches!
    Exactly, between that and making iron daggers I got my level up to 100 in no time.

If hoarding gold is important to you, then its imperative to get your speech to 100 in no time. There is a way to increase your speech by asking the guy at the counter at the Black Briar Meadery about Maven Black-Briar over and over again. Use 'persuade' over and over again.

The key perks are
    -every seller will now buy every type of item, regardless of what types of items they sell (i.e. can sell armor and weapons to an inkeeper, etc)
    -every seller becomes a fence and will purchase your stolen items

Also unrelated skyrim pic below for no reason

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    The complete list of wives in Skyrim, pretty much all in their underwear

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I can't believe how long some of these missions are.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    I can't believe how long some of these missions are.

Have you been in any of the Dwemer ruins yet?
    It seems to me that almost any major mission of note requires long, lengthy travels through Dwemer ruins.

I finally made it to Blackreach last night. Absolutely amazing.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Have you been in any of the Dwemer ruins yet?
    It seems to me that almost any major mission of note requires long, lengthy travels through Dwemer ruins.

I finally made it to Blackreach last night. Absolutely amazing.
    Doing it and found it right now actually. Did you find this staff that summons Dreadic soldier? Pretty sweet.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Doing it and found it right now actually. Did you find this staff that summons Dreadic soldier? Pretty sweet.
    The Sanguine Rose? Yeah, that guy just ****s **** up, big time. He pretty much kills everyone before I get a chance to LOL

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rj8nHy6aA6E

LMFAO @ the high five troll....

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Sanguine Rose? Yeah, that guy just ****s **** up, big time. He pretty much kills everyone before I get a chance to LOL
    I have no idea what I'm doing in here. Just walking around aimlessly

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have no idea what I'm doing in here. Just walking around aimlessly
    There is some quest where you have to harvest 30 crimson nirnroot,so you could do that. But my main reason for being there was to reach the Tower of Mzark to get the Elder Scroll....

Btw if you check the Android Market there is an awesome (+free) app which is basically a full game guide for every mission, including some screen shots. Pretty awesome, definitely worth checking out...