Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: < \ ~ + ~ { The Skyrim Thread } ~ + ~ / >

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    I'm upset with the thieves guild quest and abandoned it. Spent a lot of time doing the quest and get to a point where they want to force me to do something I do not want to do. There are a few quest like that, I have been investing time doing the quest and then get to a point where they are trying to force me to do something that goes against the grain of my character.
    The true way to play is a different character for each Guild...

I don't have the time... I just deleted 60 hours of game play only to start over... But if you care enough about your characters perception, it sounds like this is the way to go...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    By the way, I really needed a house this time around to store stuff and I'm too lazy to chop an arse load of firewood to make money...

So I used the Whiterun Chest glitch and it is teh awesome...

I stopped doing it now that I got the house but I hear there is a Khajit chest under a rock in another town...

Perhaps I need another house...

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    By the way, I really needed a house this time around to store stuff and I'm too lazy to chop an arse load of firewood to make money...

So I used the Whiterun Chest glitch and it is teh awesome...

I stopped doing it now that I got the house but I hear there is a Khajit chest under a rock in another town...

Perhaps I need another house...
    Get the house in Breezehome in Whiterun, its only 5000 gold. My sole purpose in the beginning was to steal as much and sell as much as possible just to get that house.

Now my house looks like an episode of Hoarders

That chest is in Dawnstar, and I loot it regularly...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    Get the house in Breezehome in Whiterun, its only 5000 gold. My sole purpose in the beginning was to steal as much and sell as much as possible just to get that house.

Now my house looks like an episode of Hoarders
    Yup, that's the one I just bought. Whiterun is my favorite city for a myriad of reasons. It has everything I need so I always find myself travelling back there.

That chest is in Dawnstar, and I loot it regularly...
    Yup, that's the one! Have you done the Whiterun chest yet? It's far more of a pain but 1,000+ gold for every time you loot it and the weapons/armor cache changes depending on your current set.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    My only regret so far is that Lydia died somewhere in the Falmer-infested Dwemer Ruins undernearth Markarth. I went back to look for her, but I only found a couple of weapons I had given to her, and nothing else. Now I feel like a turd for leaving her behind...

Anyway it reminded me of this -

http://www.dailydigirette.com/2012/0...-for-my-lydia/

What Skyrim Taught Me About My Love Life

Posted on January 15, 2012 by Digirette
    This post should actually be entitled ďWhy Lydia kicks the **** out of every girl I have ever gone out with. Ever.Ē

For those that donít know Lydia is a character in a Game named Skyrim. Itís part of the Elder Scrolls Series and just won Game of the Year 2011. Itís a great game. The graphics are fantastic, and itís really immersive. But Iím not here to review the game. Iím not even really a gamer.

I used to play first person shooters like Rogue Spear and Call of Duty back in the day but havenít gamed for a while but I thought what the **** and I got Skyrim to pass some time since I am now focused on training for a race and trying not to party so much. Living in L.A. thatís sometimes a tall order. The reason I tell you this is because I am trying to convey that I am NOT a gamer (although after Skyrim that fact is certainly debatable. Ok, who am I kidding, after Skyrim I am definitely a gamer) and this article is not about gaming (but it kinda is).

This article is about a guy who is still single even though he has a full head of hair, is in good shape, has a nice place, a good job and not ugly. In other words, single by choice.

I have often wondered about this. Why am I still single? I mean jesus, Iíve never even been engaged. I came close once. I gave her a puppy instead of a ring. I figured it would be pretty tough for her to be really mad at me while holding a puppy. I was only half right

Now, ususally my answer to this question comes back, ďBecause youíre having too much fun.Ē or ďYou travel too much.Ē or ďMaybe youíre just immature and selfish.Ē All of these answers Iím generally OK with. But recently a new answer came back. A very strange one. ĒBecause you havenít found your Lydia.Ē Now again, for those that donít know Lydia is a
    character in a game. See, After you do a favor for this bigshot (The Jarl) in the town of Whiterun you are given a follower. Lydia. Sheís a fellow warrior who is beholden to you and goes on all your adventures with you and is, ďSworn to carry your burdens.Ē

At first she was just kinda handy. Another sword in the battle. But as time went on I started to realize that the battle, well that was my life and having another sword is pretty ****ing awesome in the battle of life. And let me tell you, the ***** does not shy away from mixing it up. She will ****ing RUN into battle, for you. WHAT? Wait a minute bro.. youíre talking crazy. A chick that fights for you? Címon man you live in fantasy land. Exactly. Maybe itís because I live in L.A. and a lot of my friends are in the business and the only women that I really meet and date are actresses and model types, maybe itís because for the most part L.A. woman expect their role in a relationship to be a passive one because their heads have been filled with princess fairy tales of being swept off their feet. Maybe they are just inherently passive creatures, maybe they are just too busy keeping their own heads above water. I donít ****ing know.

But what I do know is that Lydia is a ****ing warrior. And I want a ****ing warrior. I want a chick that when I ****ing grab my sword, so does she, without question. I engage a target, she engages a target. No hesitation.

Now hereís were things really get twisted. I am generally not a mushy guy who buys **** for girls because they want it to feel loved. I donít cater to emotional extortion. I am pragmatic, sensible and donít really feel I have to buy **** for girls so they are happy. Birthdays, Valentines etc. are excluded of course. With Lydia however I found myself buying her all sorts of ****. I wanted to make sure that this chick had the absolute best of everything. The best armor, the best weapons, potions, whatever. Anything that would help protect her. Now keep in mind that in the game she canít really die. From other characters. She just takes a knee till she regains strength and then itís back on. She gets up and starts swinging that ****ing Ebony axe screaming **** like ďNow youíll pay!Ē Sexy right? But there is one character in the game that CAN kill her.

Me. I am the only one that can hurt her and itís ****ing permanent. And let me tell you I have ****ing killed Lydia quit a few times. A battle is raging, I am trading blows with some opponent or another and BAM Lydia comes charging in between us and catches my steel and drops to the ground. You donít even notice really at the times until the battle is over and the are bodies everywhere. That is until you look around and there is no one looking back. See you get used to sharing the feeling of accomplishment post battle. You start scanning the bodies until the horrific truth is revealed. There she is. Dead. And you know she didnít die in battle. It was you. You ****ing killed her. Too focused on you and not even remotely concerned with where she was. Thereís a lesson in there.

Now the first couple of times it happened I would restart the game because I needed the extra help in killing ****. But as the game went on and I got more powerful I didnít NEED her anymore. I wanted her there. When she died I would restart the game at the last place she was alive and go through whatever it was all over again because I wanted her there. The game of Skyrim had become about US battling our way though it. Why us? Because she earned that place. To continue without her was to diminish all she did in the early part of the game. Was she necessary? Yes and no. There was no quest I couldnít handle on my own so I didnít need her in terms of fighting but she was necessary for my game life. Sometimes during a fight I would just sit back and watch Lydia battle it out and Iím not gonna lie, it was with pride. The loss of Lydia would have been a tough one and running around through the world of Skyrim without her would have been sad.

I even used a console command to unlock the marriage dialogue so I could marry Lydia in the game. I bought a house. I had it decorated. When I came across jewels and such I gave them to her. And not to buy her affection, that was unwavering, but because I wanted her to have them. She deserved them. She deserved every luxury I could get my hands on. Why? I knew she didnít need them. Then I realized I didnít give them to her for her. I gave them to her for me. By the wayÖ itís not a good idea to tell a girl you are seeing in real life any of this. Yes real life women can get jealous of fake make believe women. The phrase, ďOh sure youíll marry stupid Lydia in your stupid game but wonít come with me toÖĒ You get the point. There was even a time when I was playing and screamed out ďGod dammit Lydia!Ē and I heard from the couch, ďGood, I hope that ***** is dead.Ē

Now I know this sounds dumb to some because I am talking about a ****ing game here but I started to think about why am I treating the character Lydia different than I treat a lot of the women I go out with. I mean why is it that I want Lydia with me in the game and I would rather be single in real life. So as I asked myself these questions I started thinking and here Ďs what I came up with.

Lydia has my ****ing back. I know this. And goddamn thatís ****ing hot. KNOWING that a chick has your back. Whether you are right or wrong, whether she agrees or not, she has your back. You start fighting, she starts fighting. Team. Iím not talking like a mindless drone either. You break into a place she letís you know. Usually with the phrase, ďYouíre NOT supposed to be in here.Ē But if **** goes down she fights. Pretty awesome right? Goddamn right.

So now the bar is set in my real life and Iím pretty clear about it. I a

m and always have been looking for my Lydia. My teammate. My fellow warrior. A bad ass chick who is willing to fight along side me at whatever the cost. Because itís US against THEM. Now so far I havenít found that. Close but no cigar. Maybe I have been looking in the wrong places, maybe I havenít really been open to it, maybe itís so rare that guys no longer think that it exists, maybe itís just L.A. I mean what guy wouldnít want that. Arm candy is easy. Itís everywhere. Itís worthless.
    I want my real life Lydia.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yup, that's the one I just bought. Whiterun is my favorite city for a myriad of reasons. It has everything I need so I always find myself travelling back there.

Yup, that's the one! Have you done the Whiterun chest yet? It's far more of a pain but 1,000+ gold for every time you loot it and the weapons/armor cache changes depending on your current set.

I haven't bothered to 'move' yet because I don't know what happens to all of your crap you've hoarded, so I've stayed in Whiterun as well...plus its almost dead center of the map anyway...then again I could use a place with an enchanting table....

Don't know about the Whiterun chest, but money is rapdily becoming a non-issue, as I've gotten over 100,000 in gold so far (but I will still loot every end table for more)

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Reading through the forums it seems as if Lydia is the most popular follower...

I used Faendal for his archery, he died on the road to Whiterun when I released a prisoner from some Thalmar...

I got Lydia back and every time I go to trade something with her I have to mute the TV...

If I hear one more time "I'm sworn to carry your burdens" I'm going to give her an arrow the knee...

I'm thinking of picking up the warrior broad from Riften this time around...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    as I've gotten over 100,000 in gold so far

Le f () ck

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

If I hear one more time "I'm sworn to carry your burdens" I'm going to give her an arrow the knee...

LMFAO... ...I catch my kids saying it all the time now too, because they have only heard it a zillion times in the last two months, ha ha....

Are you taking about that Mjoll broad that talks kinda funny? I still have to go find her ****ing sword that she left in some Dwemer ruin....

If you're in Riften, that mage Mercurio in The Bee & Barb is a ****ing badass, even though he looks like an Italian in a hoodie, lol....he's got some destruction spells that send the fricking dudes flying into walls and ****...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    LMFAO... ...I catch my kids saying it all the time now too, because they have only heard it a zillion times in the last two months, ha ha....

Are you taking about that Mjoll broad that talks kinda funny? I still have to go find her ****ing sword that she left in some Dwemer ruin....
    Yup, that's her. I haven't gotten back to Riften since I started over there. I actually decided to finish the Jurgan Windcaller thing this time so it took me a minute. I'm heading there tonight.

If you're in Riften, that mage Mercurio in The Bee & Barb is a ****ing badass, even though he looks like an Italian in a hoodie, lol....he's got some destruction spells that send the fricking dudes flying into walls and ****...
    I thought about it. Lydia, since she's my 'Housecarl' will be at my house all the time, right?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I used Mjoll the most, lydia bought it somewhere or other. I wish there was a way to shut off their random voice interjections. They start blabbing at the most inopportune times, like when I'm trying to hear what another character is saying. I'm going solo at this point in time, weight is an issue but I think I'm liking it better without a follower.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    weight is an issue but I think I'm liking it better without a follower.
    This is a big problem for me since I'm trying to stockpile crap so I can't go it alone for the moment...

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought about it. Lydia, since she's my 'Housecarl' will be at my house all the time, right?
    Unless you leave her to die somewhere like I did....yes.

Actually I think if you make someone 'wait' for a total of 3 days game time they will meet you back at your house, if you have one, you homeless bastid

This one time I lost Lydia and I couldn't find her...so eventually hired another follower, Jensassa, the efl broad at the bar in Whiterun (I think).

So Jenassa and myself return back to the crib to dump off my loot, and then Lydia just pops out of that 2nd bedroom in Breezehome {awkward}

Scared the crap out of me too...

Eventually if you keep increasing your stamina it will increase your carry weight too as you go along. Now Im at the point where I go it alone most of the time - but I swear as soon as I do, I have a dragon to kill and have to lug around all these bones.

Speaking of which, save that crap because you'll need that to create dragon armor later...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Unless you leave her to die somewhere like I did....yes.

Actually I think if you make someone 'wait' for a total of 3 days game time they will meet you back at your house, if you have one, you homeless bastid
    Okay, I knew there had to be a rhyme or reason to the "wait" function... Other than making them wait until I sneak past sh!t because Lydia is fargin loud...

This one time I lost Lydia and I couldn't find her...so eventually hired another follower, Jensassa, the efl broad at the bar in Whiterun (I think).

So Jenassa and myself return back to the crib to dump off my loot, and then Lydia just pops out of that 2nd bedroom in Breezehome [I]{awkward}[/I}
    LOL, at least you weren't married to Lydia at the time...

Eventually if you keep increasing your stamina it will increase your carry weight too as you go along. Now Im at the point where I go it alone most of the time - but I swear as soon as I do, I have a dragon to kill and have to lug around all these bones.
    I'm an archer, so my stamina is all I'm leveling up at the moment. Some carrying potions for fast travel are key as well.

Speaking of which, save that crap because you'll need that to create dragon armor later...
    I'm working on Light Armor this go around, so I just grab the scales, which thankfully aren't as heavy

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've lost some interest in this - level 59 and a map that is chock full. Finally got to the join Empire/join Northcloak storyline which helped me build up my one handed and block. I've left my follower somewhere (Cicero) while I was burgling a house - he's inside it and I can't remember which one or which city. I've done as much evil **** as I can - lured innocent people to the altar of Boethiah or whatever it is, killed people at the behest of the Night Mother etc etc. Found a few glitches in the game but generally its run like a dream. I only got the game for when I was on tilt from online poker so its served its purpose. I guess you can see why I got to level 59.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I started playing. See you guys in a month.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    Might as well....football life is essentially over at this point...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    It will be longer than that...

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    You guys are talking level 54 I'm not even out of level one yet.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    You guys are talking level 54 I'm not even out of level one yet.
    I started over not even a week ago. I'm up to level 20 already but that's on purpose building up smithing (forge lotsa daggers) and archery (have faendal from riverwood train you and take your gold back from him each time.)